Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cards sign Derek Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cards sign Derek Anderson

    Good Move. Anderson can produce in the right environment, as he did 2007.
    GO BEARS!

  • #2
    I like this move for Arizona. At worst, Anderson is better than Leinart.


    R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

    Comment


    • #3
      He produced 4 INT's in the game we needed to win to go the playoffs. It was all down hill from there (same weapons on 08)
      GO BROWNS!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TeHDruiD View Post
        He produced 4 INT's in the game we needed to win to go the playoffs. It was all down hill from there (same weapons on 08)
        Like I said, at worst, better than Leinart.


        R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Whens the last time leinart has played? he could surprise us all.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pantherfaninfl View Post
            Whens the last time leinart has played? he could surprise us all.
            This year against Chicago, when he promptly threw a INT.
            Chicago Bears
            Nebraska Cornhuskers


            Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
              Like I said, at worst, better than Leinart.
              .. Based on what?

              All of this Matt Leinart hate is really unfounded and unjustified.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by J Snazzy View Post
                This year against Chicago, when he promptly threw a INT.
                lol. True good sir. I expect Anderson to come out blazing this year.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                  .. Based on what?

                  All of this Matt Leinart hate is really unfounded and unjustified.
                  You know a quarterback is bad when the most excitement he has ever generated is that he didn't completely screw up a game that was already lost taking over for a guy that should be a future Hall of Famer. When has Leinart ever even shown signs that he could be a franchise QB since college?


                  R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by J Snazzy View Post
                    This year against Chicago, when he promptly threw a INT.
                    The Arizona offense was built around Kurt Warner's rhythm. I'm sorry if a QB who is nothing like Kurt and who hadn't worked with the first team in over 2 years at that point wasn't able to come in and do great.

                    And you're wrong, he played in both the Tennessee and Green Bay games after the Chicago game. He did good enough in the Tennessee game that we would've won that had Vince Young not raped our defense on the very last drive of the game, and the GB game was an utter throwaway - we didn't plan or scheme anything in that game, where as Green Bay did.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                      You know a quarterback is bad when the most excitement he has ever generated is that he didn't completely screw up a game that was already lost taking over for a guy that should be a future Hall of Famer. When has Leinart ever even shown signs that he could be a franchise QB since college?
                      When have I ever called him a franchise QB? He showed signs of being great in his first two years, but that was long ago, and I don't have any fantasies about him carrying the franchise for the next 10 years. However, I've seen nothing out of him to put him down at the Trent Edwards/Jamarcus Russell level that a lot of you guys love to do.

                      That being said, to answer your question - he was pretty ****ing amazing in the "we let 'em off the hook!" Chicago game in his rookie year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Go Matt Leinart! I'm pulling for him

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                          When have I ever called him a franchise QB? He showed signs of being great in his first two years, but that was long ago, and I don't have any fantasies about him carrying the franchise for the next 10 years. However, I've seen nothing out of him to put him down at the Trent Edwards/Jamarcus Russell level that a lot of you guys love to do.

                          That being said, to answer your question - he was pretty ****ing amazing in the "we let 'em off the hook!" Chicago game in his rookie year.
                          I wouldn't put him at the Trent Edwards level. I don't want to insult Trent like that.


                          R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Flamebaiting ftw.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                              Flamebaiting ftw.
                              No. Just referring to the fact that Trent Edwards has shown way more potential as an NFL quarterback than Matt Leinart has. Plus it's St. Patty's Day and I'm already drinking. What do you want from me? =P


                              R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X