Live Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
    I don't think Matt Leinart is as terrible as everybody else on this board seems to, and I think he will be moderately successful next year as the focus of our offense shifts towards the running game (and the sexyness that is Beanie Wells). However, I'm not delusional, and nothing I've seen out of Leinart has ever made me think he's the guy that will carry our franchise for the next decade, and maybe the past 2 years of Warner has spoiled me, but I'd rather have a true, elite QB and an average team than an all around good team with an average QB. What scares me the most is that Leinart doesn't ball out, and is considered expendable/too costly as he enters the final year of his rookie contract, which should lead to him getting either traded or cut, and us rolling with Derek Anderson next year. Because seriously, fuck Derek Anderson.

I don't have a problem with Dan Williams at #26 at all. I don't think he will be as great in a 3-4 as many on here seem to think so, but he is an improvement over what we currently have at an important position on our team. Outside of Weatherspoon & Hughes, he's the guy I most wanted the Cardinals to come out of the 1st round with. But, that's because I assumed Clausen would be long gone by the time our pick rolled around. Dan Williams over Jimmy Clausen? Do not want.
    Fair enough. We'll see how Leinart does with a year of being the undisputed starter though, sometimes it just takes a quarterback a while to figure things out.

Haha, Derek Anderson. I see you.

Comment

• Can someone remind me how the time limits change in the later rounds? Isn't it 7 minutes per pick in the second and third and 5 minutes per fourth and onward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty View Post
        Somewhere vikingfan173 just jumped off a cliff.

Somewhere Z just shot his head off.

Somewhere the State of Minnesota just imploded.
        I had to go back and read what people were saying, im still alive as long as we draft Clausen with pick 34
        2010 WF.com PPR Champion
        2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Coming up:

Z comes up with a theory about how the NFL forced the Vikings to trade with the Lions.

Comment

• Because of the Spiller pick by the dumb bills, Chargers have to secure Matthews before the 14th pick from the seahawks who need a RB, so they trade up at 12, Denver was on the clock at 13.
            sigpic

Comment

• I would rather wanted Campbell than Davis, because I hate lazy-ass *****es as Davis. Iupati was a solid pick, but nothing more. Sure, we'll get a mauler for Gore (my god he's going to be unstoppable if Davis and Iupati becomes good), but our pass-protection isn't looking too good. I didn't really have a problem with us not drafting a corner in the 1st, cause this draft is ridiculously deep on corners. The thing that bothers my very much is that we could've had Hughes! I loved him, and wanted him so bad. I really hope that we can land Nate Allen in the 2nd, and then a corner or pass-rusher in the 3rd. If both Iupati and Davis bust I'm going to cry myself to bed while screaming "WE COULD'VE HAD HUGHES!!". If both somehow succeeds (Don't question Mike's abilities) then this could be an awesome draft, where our super-bowl winning team was built on

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

• Bradford Victim Of Cruel Prank, NFL Career In Jeopardy

Very sad.
                Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
                RB-
                WR-Anquan Boldin
                WR-Doug Baldwin
                WR-Mohamed Sanu
                TE-Kyle Rudolph
                LT-Eugene Monroe
                LG-Matt Slauson
                C-Roberto Garza
                RG-Willie Colon
                RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
                DT-Terrance Knighton
                DT-Tony McDaniel
                DE-Robert Ayers
                OLB-Malcolm Smith
                MLB-Kiko Alonso
                OLB-
                CB-Alterraun Verner
                CB-
                FS-Michael Griffin
                SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade View Post
                  Coming up:

Z comes up with a theory about how the NFL forced the Vikings to trade with the Lions.
                  nope you'll be pissed because the vikes will have the best QB prospect in the 2nd round...
                  2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                  2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                  2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                  2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                  CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                  CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Random brainwave that I'm not sure where else to post, so... Here goes.

I remember seeing somebody, somewhere (maybe here) discussing the possibility of South Park having an episode involving Tim Tebow. Well, I think it's a guaranteed lock at this point. Tebow's a huge public figure to begin with, and now that he's a Bronco (the boys' and the creators' favorite team), there's no way Matt Stone and Trey Parker don't have something to say about him.

Comment

• Bump
                      Giants/Mets/Devils/Nets/Ohio State fan no matter what.

Comment

• There is a Day 2 thread. Which is official? Should these be merged?
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                        X