No announcement yet.

Tebow helps Jags sell tickets to opener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burden of proof is always on the positive. I don't have to prove a negative, Walt(and those of you parroting his opinion) has to prove that he can. Factually-incorrect articles written by retards who don't know anything about the situation just doesn't cut it.

So provide the proof to back up the claim or shut up about it already.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentJaguar View Post
      Burden of proof is always on the positive. I don't have to prove a negative, Walt(and those of you parroting his opinion) has to prove that he can. Factually-incorrect articles written by retards who don't know anything about the situation just doesn't cut it.

So provide the proof to back up the claim or shut up about it already.
      Are you ever going to answer the question, or are you going to continue to reply with comments like this that don't back up your disagreement at all? I mean you can sit here and call us retards and morons and whatever you want, but all I want is for you to answer my question of "Why are we wrong?"
      GO BROWNS!

Comment

I took the time to backup my claim that Tebow would be atleast a short term answer to your franchises money problems, so I atleast think I deserve a logical reason why I'm wrong and you're right.
        GO BROWNS!

Comment

You haven't backed anything up with actual proof, just a lot of assumptions(as it was, I was talking about ticket sales, not the Jags "money woes", the Tebow jersey thing had nothing to do with what I was arguing about). Then, when I disagreed, you used the "LA Jaguars" strawman and staretd demanding that I prove a negative. It just doesn't work that way.

Also, I never called you or anyone else on this board a "moron" or a "retard" as I was referring to the writter of the article Walt linked to here. If you're going to try and slander me, at least get your **** straight.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentJaguar View Post
            You haven't backed anything up with actual proof, just a lot of assumptions(as it was, I was talking about ticket sales, not the Jags "money woes", the Tebow jersey thing had nothing to do with what I was arguing about). Then, when I disagreed, you used the "LA Jaguars" strawman and staretd demanding that I prove a negative. It just doesn't work that way.

Also, I never called you or anyone else on this board a "moron" or a "retard" as I was referring to the writter of the article Walt linked to here. If you're going to try and slander me, at least get your **** straight.
            Their is no proof either way, so how am I wrong? lol - that's the thing you're missing. You're assuming that Tebow wouldn't fix things, just like I'm assuming he would. Jersey sales don't necessarily mean anything, you're right, BUT the fact that his is flying off the shelves is proof that he's a very marketable individual and one fans want to see. Over 900 people showed up to get his $160 autographs, that's another bit of proof that people want to see Tebow. When the Broncos drafted Tebow the Jaguars had significant increases in the amount of calls for tickets, which again is proof people want to see Tebow.

But yeah, nobody knows whose right in this whole thing, but all of those things I just stated are strong indicators that Tebow is a hot commodity and one that would increase ticket sales. Am I wrong? If so, please explain why.
            GO BROWNS!

Comment

Originally posted by TeHDruiD View Post
              Their is no proof either way, so how am I wrong? lol - that's the thing you're missing. You're assuming that Tebow wouldn't fix things, just like I'm assuming he would. Jersey sales don't necessarily mean anything, you're right, BUT the fact that his is flying off the shelves is proof that he's a very marketable individual and one fans want to see. Over 900 people showed up to get his $160 autographs, that's another bit of proof that people want to see Tebow. When the Broncos drafted Tebow the Jaguars had significant increases in the amount of calls for tickets, which again is proof people want to see Tebow.

But yeah, nobody knows whose right in this whole thing, but all of those things I just stated are strong indicators that Tebow is a hot commodity and one that would increase ticket sales. Am I wrong? If so, please explain why.
              The GM has nothing to do with the marketing of the team. His job is to pick players that will help his team win. Sure, maybe Tebow would have kept the support afloat for 2 years but when they realize he has no business being an NFL QB, those same bandwagon fans will hop off and get googly-eyed over someone else and the Jags will have the same problem.

Comment

Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
                RB-
                WR-Anquan Boldin
                WR-Doug Baldwin
                WR-Mohamed Sanu
                TE-Kyle Rudolph
                LT-Eugene Monroe
                LG-Matt Slauson
                C-Roberto Garza
                RG-Willie Colon
                RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
                DT-Terrance Knighton
                DT-Tony McDaniel
                DE-Robert Ayers
                OLB-Malcolm Smith
                MLB-Kiko Alonso
                OLB-
                CB-Alterraun Verner
                CB-
                FS-Michael Griffin
                SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                  The GM has nothing to do with the marketing of the team. His job is to pick players that will help his team win. Sure, maybe Tebow would have kept the support afloat for 2 years but when they realize he has no business being an NFL QB, those same bandwagon fans will hop off and get googly-eyed over someone else and the Jags will have the same problem.
                  Then you draft Brantley. Problem solved!

Comment

Change your name to the Florida Gators and hope you trick people into buying season tickets.
                    Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
                    RB-
                    WR-Anquan Boldin
                    WR-Doug Baldwin
                    WR-Mohamed Sanu
                    TE-Kyle Rudolph
                    LT-Eugene Monroe
                    LG-Matt Slauson
                    C-Roberto Garza
                    RG-Willie Colon
                    RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
                    DT-Terrance Knighton
                    DT-Tony McDaniel
                    DE-Robert Ayers
                    OLB-Malcolm Smith
                    MLB-Kiko Alonso
                    OLB-
                    CB-Alterraun Verner
                    CB-
                    FS-Michael Griffin
                    SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

Originally posted by TeHDruiD View Post
                      Their is no proof either way, so how am I wrong? lol - that's the thing you're missing.
                      I'm not missing anything. Burden of proof is always on the positive. You have to prove that he can and you haven't.

You're assuming that Tebow wouldn't fix things, just like I'm assuming he would.
                      Read the above.

Jersey sales don't necessarily mean anything, you're right, BUT the fact that his is flying off the shelves is proof that he's a very marketable individual and one fans want to see. Over 900 people showed up to get his $160 autographs, that's another bit of proof that people want to see Tebow.
                      Unless those fans openly said they would buy season tickets to watch Bustbow carry a clipboard, it's not proof. Not to mention the Senior Bowl week is an entirely different animal from the NFL regular season.

When the Broncos drafted Tebow the Jaguars had significant increases in the amount of calls for tickets, which again is proof people want to see Tebow.
                      Getting calls isn't selling tickets. They can call and ask for prices, but that doesn't mean they'll buy 'em. Gator fans didn't do so beforehand when we've drafted Gators before and I doubt St. Timmy would've been any different.

Our season tickets sales have already increased and had been doing so since before the draft and are still doing so now without the help of Tebow. Though, you wouldn't actually know that since all the media outlets and guys like Walt want to fawn over Tebow instead of you know... being objective and stuff.

Comment

Geez, I do not know which arguments are more like beating a dead horse. This one or Clausen.

Comment

Working...
                        X