No announcement yet.

Jeff Ireland Apologizes for Asking If Dez Bryants Mum Was a Prostitute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not trying to be great people, here. I'd ask questions to try to rattle prospects, throw them out of their comfort zone, and make them uncomfortable. I want to know how a prospect acts when they're not rehearsed, or how they'll respond when offended.

That being said, asking if your mom had sexual relations for financial exchange is way, way, way out of line.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah but guys c'mon

the real question here is

Was his mom a prostitute?

Comment

Wasn't someone last year asked about how it felt to be abused? GMs ask weird questions.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

I can't imagine the questions Michael Oher got.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            They're not trying to be great people, here. I'd ask questions to try to rattle prospects, throw them out of their comfort zone, and make them uncomfortable. I want to know how a prospect acts when they're not rehearsed, or how they'll respond when offended.

That being said, asking if your mom had sexual relations for financial exchange is way, way, way out of line.

But, in a real job world, you can get sued for asking offending questions. Ireland is lucky that he didn't get the **** kicked out of him by Bryant. And truthfully, I bet people would have been on Bryant's side after they found out the story.

I wish Bryant had responded, " No Mr. Ireland, but if you ask me another question like that again, you might want to call security."

Comment

Originally posted by tbod10 View Post
              But, in a real job world, you can get sued for asking offending questions.
              Especially if only a black guy was asked that question.

It's not a question of if Ireland is actually racist, but it creates a terrible perception if he only asked this jackass question of a black guy and didn't give white candidates similar treatment. And companies that aren't run by goddamn retards pay attention to that sort of thing because they get sued to death if they don't.

Comment

I''m dying to know what Tony Washington was asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
                  Yeah but guys c'mon

the real question here is

Was his mom a prostitute?
                  Actually that is a valid question. I don't know if his mom is but she was given 18 months for drug trafficking.

Originally posted by bandwagon View Post
                  I''m dying to know what Tony Washington was asked.
                  That could be bad.

Ireland: "So you had sex with your sister?"
                  Tony: "Yeah. I really regret it."
                  Ireland: "Wow, she was that bad in bed? Have you ever slept with Dez Bryant's mom and if so did she charge you?"
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

I really think he should be badly fined for this ...
                    Paris Bengals

Comment

Mike Ditka strikes.

“I think the individual who asked that question, somebody ought to whack him in the head. You don’t ask that question. If you think you know it, you know. What are you going to confront a young man with that situation for? He probably loves his mother no matter what she is or who she is. Why would somebody do that? I don’t understand things like that. Maybe I’m naive or I’m old. I don’t understand that. Why? What do you get from asking that question? What’s it all about? Every bit of information has to be spread out on the table now? Is that it? Everybody’s dirty linen has to be out? I disagree with that. I’m sorry.”

On if he would have blamed Dez Bryant if he reached over the table and slapped Ireland:

“I wouldn’t have. The General Manager probably deserved it.”

Comment

If I was a player and a GM asked me that I would tell him not to draft me because I wouldn't work for such a classless prick and walk out. It may hurt my draft stock but I can guarantee I would show everyone that I won't take bull****.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Even psych eval by professionals has dubious value in the first place. Dumb jocks in suits (ie. Ireland) doing psych eval is a joke.

When are teams going to realize these attempts at "rattling" a kid is not just crass and classless, but worse, it's useless.
                          Adam Schefter, August 25, 2009
                          "He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

Comment

The issue is there are two competing schools of thought here:

The first is that in a job interview there are many questions that are out of bounds (see the questions that were brought up by the GMs in the Yahoo article) and asking them is asking for a lawsuit.

The second is if you are going to pay a guy eight digits for playing a game that is largely run by emotion, you want to know how he reacts when he caught off guard and offended. The reaction can mean the difference between a win and a loss if not more. If you need proof of this look at the 2006 World Cup with Zidane's infamous headbutt for a very similar insult (he was called the son of a terrorist whore if I am not mistaken).

That being said, while I understand where Ireland's apologists are coming from, I probably would not blame Bryant for giving Ireland a pounding, as that was just way to out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
                              The issue is there are two competing schools of thought here:

The first is that in a job interview there are many questions that are out of bounds (see the questions that were brought up by the GMs in the Yahoo article) and asking them is asking for a lawsuit.

The second is if you are going to pay a guy eight digits for playing a game that is largely run by emotion, you want to know how he reacts when he caught off guard and offended. The reaction can mean the difference between a win and a loss if not more. If you need proof of this look at the 2006 World Cup with Zidane's infamous headbutt for a very similar insult (he was called the son of a terrorist whore if I am not mistaken).

That being said, while I understand where Ireland's apologists are coming from, I probably would not blame Bryant for giving Ireland a pounding, as that was just way to out of line.
                              Almost my thought exactly. If you are giving a guy tens of millions of guaranteed money and trying to protect your franchise from being torpedoed (Vick, Rapistbeger, Plaxico), you are going to have to do some extensive probing (no pun intended), especially given Bryant's childhood. ****, somebody should have ****ing waterboarded Jamarcus Russell to see if he was going to steal money from the Raiders, but I guess thats' Al Davis' fault for being dumb enough to pick him and not doing his homework.

Comment

Anyone defending Ireland is retarded, the guy apologized for what he did thus admitting his error.
                                pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X