Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Ireland Apologizes for Asking If Dez Bryants Mum Was a Prostitute

Well, this is a surprise.

Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland admits he was out of line when he asked Dez Bryant if Bryant's mother was a prostitute in a pre-draft interview.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him.

"I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

On one hand, we're impressed Ireland has confronted the issue head on.

Then again, this apology never would have happened unless a story came out about it.

We'll give the Dolphins some credit. Whether Ireland was compelled to release this statement from above or not, it's better that the organization own up to the mistake and move on.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-dez-bryant/

• Egg
    replied
    If half the stuff from that Yahoo article is true, Ireland should be apologizing from a hospital bed. And if his mother is still around, someone should slap the b---- for raising such a b--tard son.

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
    Don't make me put it in my sig again - lol
    You have even admitted that I am objective about them. I see no reason how my dislike of the team matters when we are debating at that point.

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
    I do not like the Jets but I am rather fair about them.
    Don't make me put it in my sig again - lol

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    I do not like the Jets but I am rather fair about them.

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    He has fallen out of favor with the fans and management...so those guys are fair game. I have criticized many Dolphins and I am still considered a homer by many, right?
    I guess, but you freely admit your prejudice. I don't hate on other teams or homer for the Jets, so...

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    C'mon - homerism from a guy who refers to one of the Jets as a ruptured scrotum?
    He has fallen out of favor with the fans and management...so those guys are fair game. I have criticized many Dolphins and I am still considered a homer by many, right?

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    OK, I just thought if it was an exec that has no Jet ties or rivalry with the Jets your reaction would have been not as extreme, and if Tanny or Rex did it, well...
    C'mon - homerism from a guy who refers to one of the Jets as a ruptured scrotum?

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    OK, I just thought if it was an exec that has no Jet ties or rivalry with the Jets your reaction would have been not as extreme, and if Tanny or Rex did it, well...

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    You know when Rex was acting like a sh*t to a bunch of the players in the league, and I said there was NO EXCUSE for it, you were making argument for why it was not classless and the agreeing with him (see his Crowder stuff and Dolphins post game conferences, which were entirely classless). At least I have the gall to criticize Ireland. You really are becoming a homer and I doubt you would have taken a hard line if he was not a Dolphins employee.
    LOL, take it down a notch. I'm not attacking you or Ireland, I'm just saying its pointless to analyze when someone makes an obvious mistake and apologizes for it. Its nice to see some remorse from a person in that position, its rare.

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    Originally posted by hunterm View Post
    I can't believe how big of a deal this is becoming. In a norm job interview a question like this would be totally inexcusable to ask, but playing in the NFL doesn't come close to qualifying as a "normal" job.
    True, but it was very out of line.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied
    I can't believe how big of a deal this is becoming. In a norm job interview a question like this would be totally inexcusable to ask, but playing in the NFL doesn't come close to qualifying as a "normal" job.

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    Sorry, no excuse for not respecting a human being in that manner. He made a mistake and apologized for it, there's no point in trying to justify or analyze why he did what he did - it was a stupid thing to ask.
    You know when Rex was acting like a sh*t to a bunch of the players in the league, and I said there was NO EXCUSE for it, you were making argument for why it was not classless and the agreeing with him (see his Crowder stuff and Dolphins post game conferences, which were entirely classless). At least I have the gall to criticize Ireland. You really are becoming a homer and I doubt you would have taken a hard line if he was not a Dolphins employee.

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    There is a difference between seeing why someone would do something and agreeing with what they did, pheltz. You have played this card with me enough times and if you read what I wrote, you would see that I did not agree with what Ireland did, but was pointing out WHY he would act that way.
    Sorry, no excuse for not respecting a human being in that manner. He made a mistake and apologized for it, there's no point in trying to justify or analyze why he did what he did - it was a stupid thing to ask.

Leave a comment:

• wraith36444
    replied
    Anyone defending Ireland is retarded, the guy apologized for what he did thus admitting his error.
    There is a difference between seeing why someone would do something and agreeing with what they did, pheltz. You have played this card with me enough times and if you read what I wrote, you would see that I did not agree with what Ireland did, but was pointing out WHY he would act that way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X