Seahawks 31, 49ers 6. Nuff said?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckane138 View Post
    Lol. You have a quarterback that has NEVER in his five year career known how to read a defense in his drop, yet you blame the schedule makers?
    I'm not blaming the schedule makers, and none of Alex's bad passes were a result of reading defences. They were just bad throws. He actually read the defence fairly well. Watch the game next time...

Comment

Unfortunately I was unable to attend this game due to a family reunion gig, but it would have been a great one to go to.

As for this whole thread I understand the Seahawks still have a lot to prove, it just felt good to see them prove about 96% of people who had money on the game wrong. We all know that if someone is putting money on a game they usually have a pretty good grasp of the game, teams, who is good and bad, etc. So to see such a land slide majority be proved wrong felt pretty good.

Who do the Seahawks have on the D-Line? Well the top player that has yet to be mentioned is Brandon Mebane who is a stud and seems to be getting better as he progresses through his career. Colin Cole starts next to him and has shown he can at least be a solid run stuffer. Red Bryant came out of no where with the move to strong side DE and in my opinion was a big reason for shutting down the run game of the Niners. And Clemons starting at the Leo showed he could get pressure. There are also quite a few younger guys that will be rotating in, as well as a few vets; rookies Dexter Davis and EJ Wilson, Kentwan Balmer and Junior Siavii were both guys that showed a lot of potential but never accomplished much. Overall it is a very random mish mash of guys that seem to be becoming fairly cohesive and will be fun to watch in the future.

The secondary definitely still has its concerns, but Lawyer Milloy went out of the game with what I believe was an injury but I am unsure about that and was replaced by Jordan Babineux aka Big Play Babs. He has lived up to his nick name in the past always making a big play when it matters (most notably stone walling Romo on the botched snap) and made a good play on a deflection to get a pick yesterday. With Babs at SS instead of Milloy he brings some better coverage abilities without sacrificing too much in the run support. Earl Thomas was flying around and got his nose into a few tackles here or there. It is only a matter of time before he gets some INTs. Trufant looked great yesterday and really seems to be back to the pre injury pro bowler Seahawks fans have grown to love. The biggest hole in the secondary is Kelly Jennings who is getting one last chance at starting opposite Trufant before being replaced by Roy Lewis or Walter Thurmond. Hopefully his job on the line for one final time will be enough motivation to make him play like the first round pick people thought he was.

The Seahawks don't have much in the way of big names or elite talent, but what they do have is a group of guys that have completely bought into the system and have enough talent/potential to give most teams (other than the elite ones) a run for their money. With another year or two accumulating talent in the draft/ free agency the Seahawks should be able to weed out the players they want and the players that will make the Seahawks a playoff contender again.

By the way nice sig Franchize

Comment

To be fair, the 49ers **** running game was more a product of our offensive line sucking than the Seahawks defensive line being good.

Comment

How did Aaron Curry play?

Comment

I haz a sad

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

i m still shocked to be honest...
              totally didnt see that coming

Comment

A loss is a loss. My rams lost by 4 and da 9ers got destroyed but it's 1 week and we can't base anything off of 1 week. The 9ers will not be a contender as long as Alex smith is the qb. I said he was garbage coming out and he's still garbage. 9ers go 7-9 and hawks win division at 9-7. My rams go 6-10 and cardinals go 8-8.

Comment

I'm not going to lie. I became a Seahawk fan for all of like 2 hours yesterday, just because you managed to (hopefully) shut those annoying ass ****ing Niners fans up. No, you mother****ers are not the division leaders. No, you guys are not playoff contenders. Your team is ****ing overrated and you're not doing **** this year.

Thx, Carroll!

(AZ'll steamroll Seattle this year again, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                    I'm not going to lie. I became a Seahawk fan for all of like 2 hours yesterday, just because you managed to (hopefully) shut those annoying ass ****ing Niners fans up. No, you mother****ers are not the division leaders. No, you guys are not playoff contenders. Your team is ****ing overrated and you're not doing **** this year.

Thx, Carroll!

So you think that the Cards will win the divison again after freakin St. Louis with a freakin rookie QB gave you fits?
                    I think its up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chg91 View Post

Thx, Carroll!

I normally root for the 49ers but I had to root against them just so Arcade will shut the hell up.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
                        I normally root for the 49ers but I had to root against them just so Arcade will shut the hell up.
                        That is a great reason.
                        "I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work. " - George Carlin

Comment

Going back to the original train of thought, I think that this is exactly what this game was: an expose that SF is not what they are cracked up to be, especially defensively. Every aspect of this game was bad. Mike Singeltary should go home, drop his pants and look at his own a$$ for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
                            I'm seriously baffled as to what your problem is with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade View Post
                              I'm seriously baffled as to what your problem is with me.
                              i have an idea but ill let you figure it out yourself or leave it up to wraith

Comment

Originally posted by CornerBlitz View Post
                                Going back to the original train of thought, I think that this is exactly what this game was: an expose that SF is not what they are cracked up to be, especially defensively. Every aspect of this game was bad. Mike Singeltary should go home, drop his pants and look at his own a$$ for this mess.
                                I think what happened in the game indicates that all you've said is true. It was sloppily played, sloppily coached, and sloppily handled post-game. It's huge cause for concern, not that we lost, but rather how we lost.

But it's only cause for concern, and not for an immediate declaration of the Seahawks as division winners. It's one game, and one game that any non-homer Niners fan knew we would lose anyways. My confidence in our winning the division crown is definitely hit, but I've always been pessimistic.

Seeing as how we're going to lose to the Saints as well, I'll wait until we lose to the Chiefs to declare our season over, Mike Singletary fired, and Ryan Mallett a 49er.

Comment

Working...
                                X