No announcement yet.

Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He didn't have any deep speed on the team. Egnew, Moe, Kemp and a bunch of no name running backs. Pinkel called the plays to suit the talent he had on hand. Gabbert has to go along with the system. Not that I think he hated it or anything. But it wasn't the best situation for his natural talents. Pretty sure he knew that and that was probably a factor in him getting out at the earliest opportunity. But that said, there was nothing terrible or embarassing about his time at Mizzou. His soph season was a winning one and his junior year they matched the best record the team has ever had.

Comment

• If Gabbert had a lower interception percentage he HAD A FRICKEN LOWER INTERCEPTION PERCENTAGE. Yards per catch has NOTHING TO TO WITH THAT. How did you "prove my statement wrong"?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert ethan View Post
        I just glanced at their numbers, but I'll bet money if you apply a calculator that Gabbert had a lower percentage of the passes he threw last season intercepted than Newton did.
        Still wrong.

Gabbert 475 passes to 16 picks = a pick every 29.69 passes thrown

Newton 280 passes to 7 picks = a pick every 40 passes thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by WokDontRun View Post
          Exactly. Gabbert threw 195 more passes but only threw for 332 more yards than Newton. Change to career numbers but that does not change the fact I proved your first statement wrong.

I would not call a national championship on any level a "mediocre" year. In case you are counting that 2 NCs in 2 straight years of starting while only having one loss.
          "Interception rate" means the percentage of passes intercepted in relation to the percentage of passes thrown. Nothing else factors in. No idea what you're trying to argue. Gabbert's soph year numbers for Missouri in the Big 12 were BETTER than Newton's at Blinn College the same year. Wherever Blinn College plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by WokDontRun View Post
            Still wrong.

Gabbert 475 passes to 16 picks = a pick every 29.69 passes thrown

Newton 280 passes to 7 picks = a pick every 40 passes thrown.
            You're a moron. Gabbert had 9 passes picked last year. Most of them in the latter part of the season when he was playing hurt.

Comment

He didn't have any deep speed on the team. Egnew, Moe, Kemp and a bunch of no name running backs. Pinkel called the plays to suit the talent he had on hand. Gabbert has to go along with the system. Not that I think he hated it or anything. But it wasn't the best situation for his natural talents. Pretty sure he knew that and that was probably a factor in him getting out at the earliest opportunity. But that said, there was nothing terrible or embarassing about his time at Mizzou. His soph season was a winning one and his junior year they matched the best record the team has ever had.
              Good coaches adapt the system to the strenght of the QB. If they dont do that one gets what happened at Fla this year. If they threw alot of short passes and not long passes its because that is what Pinkle thought Gabbert was best at based on watching him practice.

Comment

He didn't have any deep speed on the team. Egnew, Moe, Kemp and a bunch of no name running backs. Pinkel called the plays to suit the talent he had on hand. Gabbert has to go along with the system. Not that I think he hated it or anything. But it wasn't the best situation for his natural talents. Pretty sure he knew that and that was probably a factor in him getting out at the earliest opportunity. But that said, there was nothing terrible or embarassing about his time at Mizzou. His soph season was a winning one and his junior year they matched the best record the team has ever had.
                The system was the same with Jeremy Maclin on board. It's always been all short passes.
                sigpic

Comment

• Jimmy Clausen's INT rate was the best ever.

Comment

You're a moron. Gabbert had 9 passes picked last year. Most of them in the latter part of the season when he was playing hurt.
                    Yeah your right. I was looking at TD category instead of picks.

475:9=52.78

Comment

• Also: Gabbert put up those numbers against Big 12 defenses. Which can barely considered defenses at all.

I seriously don't see this guy's positives at all. Whatever, it's late. I'm going to bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Gabbert's career college completion rate was higher than Freeman. Not to mention guys like Brees, Palmer, Cutler, and numerous other current starting NFL QBs. Plus he played as a true freshman and left before his senior season. If he redshirted and played 4 years after that, I'm sure his completion percentage would be up there with the best of them. I think he had the lowest interception rate of any of the top QBs this past season, and for his career.
                        Really? You don't think you are clutching the straws here?

I mean, Cutler went to Vanderbilt and was SEC offensive player of the yearthrowing to future doctors and lawyers and Brees managed to take Purdue to Rose Bowl pretty much singlehandedly. Palmer, as some might remember, was pretty bad until his senior year when he blew people away with about 4000 yards passing on pros tyle offense with 63.2 completion % and 33 touchdowns to 10 interceptions. AND Palmer never started a game as a rookie in NFL as he was considered too raw.

Are you related to Gabbert or something? I mean some of the comparisons here are simply insane. Listening to you, some might think Gabbert is second coming of Peyton Manning. There's difference between liking someone as a talent and simply overhyping him. I don't think even he himself would claim to be what you are making him out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                          Also: Gabbert put up those numbers against Big 12 defenses. Which can barely considered defenses at all.

I seriously don't see this guy's positives at all. Whatever, it's late. I'm going to bed.
                          From the look of those eyes, I didn't think you ever slept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Marinovich's Trip View Post

Are you related to Gabbert or something? I mean some of the comparisons here are simply insane. Listening to you, some might think Gabbert is second coming of Peyton Manning. There's difference between liking someone as a talent and simply overhyping him. I don't think even he himself would claim to be what you are making him out to be.
                            I was just responding to the posters before me who were saying how terrible Gabbert's accuracy was. You have to look around to get perspective, or it just becomes folklore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
                              Jimmy Clausen's INT rate was the best ever.
                              No, Clausen threw 27 picks on 1,100 passes at Notre Dame. Gabbert's ratio is better than that. Thanks to Wok, we know he threw a pick for every 53 passes. Clausen's ratio would be 1 Int for every 41or something like that.
                              Last edited by robert ethan; 02-16-2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

No, Clausen threw 27 picks on 1,100 passes at Notre Dame. Gabbert's ratio is better than that. Thanks to Wok, we know he threw a pick for every 53 passes. Clausen's ratio would be 1 Int for every 41or something like that.
                                I think he was refering to his junior year when when he only threw 4 picks, on 425 attempts.
                                NBA CMD - CHICAGO BULLS

1.15 Paul George - SG

Comment

Working...
                                X