Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

    According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.

    According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.


    Did these NFL teams simply not watch college football until now?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

  • #2
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.

    According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.


    Did these NFL teams simply not watch college football until now?
    Not surprised. I thought he was a 2-4 round guy from the get go. He will still get overdrafted because of his position and physcial tools.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the late 1st round.
      Pete Carroll may take a chance on him however. He may count on Hasselback for another year o two and get Gabbo ready for the future.
      Play my AFC West quizzes on Sporcle:
      Oakland Raiders All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
      Denver Broncos All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
      Kansas City Chiefs All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
      San Diego Chargers All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the late 1st round.
        Pete Carroll may take a chance on him however. He may count on Hasselback for another year o two and get Gabbo ready for the future.
        That would be a great situation for the Seahawks.

        Comment


        • #5
          I still don't think he makes it past the Titans. They need a QB.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

          Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Walter View Post
            I still don't think he makes it past the Titans. They need a QB.
            I'm not sold on Bud Adams getting rid of VY for nothing, yet.
            Play my AFC West quizzes on Sporcle:
            Oakland Raiders All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
            Denver Broncos All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
            Kansas City Chiefs All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
            San Diego Chargers All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
              I'm not sold on Bud Adams getting rid of VY for nothing, yet.
              I don't think the Titans are going to receive anything close to a starting caliber QB for Vince Young. They'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for him.

              Comment


              • #8
                no shit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Holy ****, order is restored to the world.

                  Could he go Vikings, maybe?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    One thing people have to keep in mind is that NFL Scouts haven't seen Gabbert until now. His rise up draft boards has been 100% due to draftniks, which of course doesn't amount to much considering 90% of them have no clue when it comes to real evaluations - scouts inc. included

                    NFL teams probably don't lift a finger to do anything draft related until their season's over, and even then it's a very slow process.

                    Give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with Da'Quan Bowers.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cutty View Post
                      One thing people have to keep in mind is that NFL Scouts haven't seen Gabbert until now. His rise up draft boards has been 100% due to draftniks, which of course doesn't amount to much considering 90% of them have no clue when it comes to real evaluations - scouts inc. included

                      NFL teams probably don't lift a finger to do anything draft related until their season's over, and even then it's a very slow process.

                      Give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with Da'Quan Bowers.
                      Yup, yup, yup.

                      But NFL teams do have scouts go around the country to watch games during the season. I just don't think they review the game tape extensively until the offseason.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arcade View Post
                        Yup, yup, yup.

                        But NFL teams do have scouts go around the country to watch games during the season. I just don't think they review the game tape extensively until the offseason.
                        Yeah that's true, good point. I just don't get the feeling that any real work is done unitl this time of the year. I would think that scouting department people have more important things in-season than watching college prospects

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In my mind there isn't a single first round caliber QB in this class. If I were a QB needy team I would wait until the 2nd - 4th round range form someone like Christian Ponder or Greg McElroy (who are both better then the supposed top rated guys, IMO).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm a huge fan of Greg and all, but no, just... no.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shoffma1999 View Post
                              In my mind there isn't a single first round caliber QB in this class. If I were a QB needy team I would wait until the 2nd - 4th round range form someone like Christian Ponder or Greg McElroy (who are both better then the supposed top rated guys, IMO).
                              Ryan Mallett is 1st round caliber talent, IMO. Newton as well, but in a very different way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X