Locker at 12?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cutty View Post
    Oh my God, Mallett would have been the worst QB statistically this season. He NEEDS a pocket and he needs to be in rhythm. UW's line did not allow for either
    Still say his odds were BETTER than the other two. Gabbert couldn't even look good in a spread offense and doesn't know how to look off his WR's, and Newton would have been obliterated trying to operate a pro-style offense coming from Blinn.

Originally posted by Robley View Post
    You can't condense a guys entire skillset and ability to his win-loss record in college, which is essentially what you are doing. What is so hard about just WATCHING what happened play by play, so you can consider all variables and leave this stuff out of it?
    Yes, because there's things more important than winning a football game when playing football! Great idea! QB's who were losers in college by and large lose in the NFL too. You look at statistics because hey! They actually god damn work to translate the future.

And from watching Locker, his skillset screams "I'm the same guy as everyone else in this draft class! But I'm white! I came from a pro offense that I couldn't execute at all! I might have put up the worst game in college history the first time I played Nebraska!"

What's so hard to get over? The boy everyone was ejaculating over a year ago got exposed. He was supposed to take a major leap forward this year and become a legit college QB. That didn't happen. Suck it up.

Originally posted by hunterm View Post
    How often do 5 star QB talents go to bad football programs for college?
    He was a 4 star QB, but several colleges looked at him at safety-only. He went to UW because of the guarantee he'd be played at QB, among other reasons. At USC, he probably would have been forced to move to safety to see playing time.

---

For the record, I think Colin Kapernick provides the best value in this class. 2nd round player who has 4 years starting experience, has good size, big arm, and mobility. I think he's only marginally ahead of Locker as a raw prospect, but most people seem to think Kapernick goes way after Locker. This class has the physical talent to provide 7 starting QB's (Newton, Gabbert, Kapernick, Mallett, Locker, Ponder, Stanzi), but it shouldn't surprise anyone if every QB busts horribly.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
      Still say his odds were BETTER than the other two. Gabbert couldn't even look good in a spread offense and doesn't know how to look off his WR's, and Newton would have been obliterated trying to operate a pro-style offense coming from Blinn.
      Absolutely not, that is a criminally stupid comment. Mallett's problem is that he has a combination of 0 mobility, inability to make time for himself, slow release, and poor throws while under pressure.

While in shotgun formations at UW, sometimes the rush gets to the QB before the ball - not exactly a dream scenario for Mallett

Comment

Absolutely not, that is a criminally stupid comment. Mallett's problem is that he has a combination of 0 mobility, inability to make time for himself, slow release, and poor throws while under pressure.

While in shotgun formations at UW, sometimes the rush gets to the QB before the ball - not exactly a dream scenario for Mallett
        And yet those issues are less severe than the ones that Gabbert and Newton would have been faced with at UW.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post

That wouldn't be quitting. That would be getting out of a ****ty situation.

No rational thought process goes "Hey, let's stay here, where it sucks!" when you can leave any time you want.
          No.....leaving because something isn't as good as you thought it was is quitting. In fact, that basically is the definition of quitting. And yes, Washington sucked but he loved it there. He had friends there. Why would any rational person quit on his closest friends like that by transferring?

Comment

• I dunno how many topics I've already posted this in, but Locker is NOT inaccurate. You can watch him play for stints with absolute rifles into windows over and over. The problem he has is consistency. There are also stretches where he sails balls repeatedly. The cause? It's not David Carr Syndrome and it's not inaccuracy. It's baseball. You watch his feet and he sets them like a damn outfielder when he's not throwing anywhere near a diamond. If you think this is irreparable, then by all means, be scared of Locker. I happen to believe he can fix that pretty easy once he focuses exclusively on his football career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              And yet those issues are less severe than the ones that Gabbert and Newton would have been faced with at UW.
              Have you ever seen Mallett play under fire? He looks undraftable.

To say that he'd actually be better under constant pressure than Jake Locker is just silly

Comment

To say that he'd actually be better under constant pressure than Jake Locker is just silly
                Can't get much worse than 4/20

Comment

• Originally posted by hunterm View Post
                  At the cost of losing a year of eligibility (Although technically could have red shirted, but who doesn't want to play?) and abandoning his hometown team.
                  using the word "abandoning" seems a bit too dramatic

Comment

using the word "abandoning" seems a bit too dramatic
                    No I'd say abandoning is pretty realistic. Seriously, how well do you think Washington would have done without Locker this year? Do you think they would have even made a bowl game, let alone win one? He's the reason they have a team that could actually win games, without him they would be even more pathetic than they were last year. So yeah, him leaving them for a better team would be abandoning them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HurricaneNation View Post
                      No I'd say abandoning is pretty realistic. Seriously, how well do you think Washington would have done without Locker this year? Do you think they would have even made a bowl game, let alone win one? He's the reason they have a team that could actually win games, without him they would be even more pathetic than they were last year. So yeah, him leaving them for a better team would be abandoning them.
                      Lets see how they do with Nick Montana next year.

Comment

Big ****ing deal then. He would have done himself a lot more favors transferring than staying.

Comment

Maybe not Locker, who spent a lot of time getting used to it, but compared to Newton, who had to have the goofiest offense in FBS to succeed? And Gabbert, who operated out of a shotgun spread and still failed to put up the comical, video-game numbers you expect out of a shotgun spread like they have? Different story altogether.
                          - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Big ****ing deal then. He would have done himself a lot more favors transferring than staying.

Obviously you've either never played sports or you might be more self-centered than Cam Newton.

Comment

Obviously you've either never played sports or you might be more self-centered than Cam Newton.
                              No, I haven't played sports. I wouldn't be the first guy to put my future and career before my friends, so spare me the self-righteous bull****.

Comment

No, I haven't played sports. I wouldn't be the first guy to put my future and career before my friends, so spare me the self-righteous bull****.
                                You just don't get it do you?

It doesn't matter that you didn't play sports (which embarrassing nonetheless), Locker isn't the type of person to transfer. He is a high character individual which defines him as a prospect.

If he had transferred to a better program he would have been forced to sit a year and been forced to compete with equally capable prospects. Pulling a Mitch Mustain could have easily killed his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X