• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locker at 12?

http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelis...at_No_12041011

Interesting read.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Originally posted by Walter View Post
    i have been saying this forever

favre is a very interesting comparison lol
    2010 WF.com PPR Champion
    2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
    2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
    2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
    CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
    CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

I think it's crazy, but you never know with these teams.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I really just want us to hit, if locker hits then its smart, if he doesnt its retarded thats just the way of things...I would not blame them trying to fix the QB position, I just would rather trade back about 10 spots

just the other day...http://www.walterfootball.com/forum/...420#post872420

ive been saying it for a couple weeks at least, its very possible
        Last edited by vikingfan; 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM.
        2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

LOL. If so, the Vikings will be at the bottom of league for the next 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by WokDontRun View Post
            LOL. If so, the Vikings will be at the bottom of league for the next 5 years or so.
            and for sure newton is a star? I dont think anyone knows who is going to be the best QB in the draft...we have had this conversation before lol
            2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

I like the vikes guy s around here, but I would love this, just more players that would drop to my Rammys if this would happen. I hope 4 or 5 QB's go in the top 13.
              I'm the greatest.

Comment

The Minnesota Vikings like Jake Locker. His makeup has yielded comparisons internally to Brett Favre.
                And by that they mean he likes to show his Danny Woodhead to hot girls with fake boobs that work for the team in a "real job"

(edit: or should I call it his Greg Cox )

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

I've been advocating the view that lots of QBs will go earlier than people think for a while. I could definitely see this. I could even see him going at 10.
                  sigpic

Comment

There might be a race between Washington and Minnesota. If Shanahan likes Locker, which is very possible, things will get interesting, maybe to the point where Minnesota would have to consider moving up ahead of Washington.
                    sigpic

Comment

I could definately see it, Locker's a top 20 pick to me

Comment

It's definitely an intriguing idea. I will have to agree with the Viking fan that said if Locker busts it's a retarded pick, but if they hit it's worth it. That's how it is with every pick, but it's always a little bit more extreme when you are playing the hit-or-miss game with a QB, which is essentially the franchise. I like Locker, I don't know that I would take him at 10 or 12, but toward the end of the 1st Round, if you believe in him, why not take a shot? If Tim Tebow can be a 1st Round pick and Alex Smith can go 1st Overall (more recently, if Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert can go 1st Overall), why can't Jake Locker go in the 1st Round?
                        Originally posted by Daniel
                        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

Obviously there's a lot of bad with Locker, he had an awful season and its all well documented

Although, his tape against USC = a #1 overall pick in almost any draft in the last 10 years. I put it up with Stafford's game against LSU as a junior - the pocket was non-existent, the receivers were well covered, and the only way to stay in the game was for the Quarterback to make throws that he had no business making. No matter what team Locker goes to, he's going to have a better protection than he did last year at UW

Comment

Locker is the only QB in this class who should go in the first round. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers more than Favre. Sure, the accuracy's not elite and he doesn't have the numbers. When it comes right down to it though, he's got NFL talent and reeks of confidence and leadership on the field. As a Packers fan, I would hate to see him go to Minnesota.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by blue5213 View Post
                              Locker is the only QB in this class who should go in the first round. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers more than Favre. Sure, the accuracy's not elite and he doesn't have the numbers. When it comes right down to it though, he's got NFL talent and reeks of confidence and leadership on the field. As a Packers fan, I would hate to see him go to Minnesota.
                              I keep coming back to the fact that he's shown he can QB at an NFL level - whether it was the USC game this year, or a big percentage of his junior season. I can reasonably say that he just couldn't overcome how bad his team was, and while that's a red flag, its not bigger than Gabbert (NFL accuracy?) or Mallett (combo of poor release, mobility, and passing under fire. Also drugs/character issues).

I put Locker pretty much on par with Cam Newton, and I can make a case that Newton is a bigger risk. I think Locker has a better arm and throws a nicer ball. From a skillset perspective, I agree with the Aaron Rodgers comparison

Comment

Working...
                              X