Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Berry: Michael Vick should be your #1 overall fantasy pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Berry: Michael Vick should be your #1 overall fantasy pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...1_TMRManifesto

You just gonna softball 'em in like that, Berry?

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by KingDeDeDe View Post
      http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...1_TMRManifesto

You just gonna softball 'em in like that, Berry?
      My only issue with that is that it's a huge mistake to expect Vick to last 16 games. Plus, his argument against Rodgers is unconvincing: how many points did Vick get in that same span of games? Probably not many.

I lied, I have another issue with Vick as the No. 1 QB, let alone the No. 1 pick: regression towards the mean.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Originally posted by jepg
      Blue is right

Comment

If he plays 16 games, yes.

I don't think this is that crazy. Vick could have been the league MVP if he played 16 games and definitely can put up lots of points.

I don't think that he'll play 16 games, though.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

I'd rather have a first round RB and Rivers/Brees/Manning then Vick and a later drafted RB1

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for Vick to lead the league in fantasty points per start. But does anyone expect him to start 16 games? You can't spend the 1st pick on someone expected to miss 2-4 games. One of those might be a playoff matchup.
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Okay i didn't hear him say number 1 overall fantasy players just number 1 fantasy QB. The title of this thread confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Burner View Post
                Okay i didn't hear him say number 1 overall fantasy players just number 1 fantasy QB. The title of this thread confused me.
                Here's my argument as to why Vick is not only worth a first-round pick, and not only should be the No. 1 quarterback taken, but should be the No. 1 pick overall. It's actually very simple.
                Try reading instead of "hearing".

Comment

Originally posted by KingDeDeDe View Post
                  Try reading instead of "hearing".
                  My bad. But thats just retarded. I didn't listen to Matthew Berry advice at all anyway, but this is just stupid.

Comment

You mean guys who get paid to influence opinion occasionally manipulate this fact to their advantage? Or, even crazier, they're not qualified to give sound advice? GASP.

Comment

Ok that's it, in walter's ppr league im taking vick in the first if I get a pick later than 6
                      2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                      2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                      2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                      2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                      CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                      CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

Originally posted by FightingDongs View Post
                        You mean guys who get paid to influence opinion occasionally manipulate this fact to their advantage? Or, even crazier, they're not qualified to give sound advice? GASP.
                        This is great for me. Can't wait til Vick starts going top 3 in money leagues.

Comment

It's a fair opinion if you think QB Eagles #7 Dog Killer will be healthy the entire season and remain effective, which I don't on either account. Rushing stats for QBs can be a huge difference maker.

Also, Matthew Berry's opinion won't change anything, not even ESPN's rankings much.

Comment

TBH If Josh Freeman is available in the 6th round he would be far better value, he's going to be a top 7 QB at any rate.
                            2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                            2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                            2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                            2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                            CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                            CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
                              It's a fair opinion if you think QB Eagles #7 Dog Killer will be healthy the entire season and remain effective, which I don't on either account. Rushing stats for QBs can be a huge difference maker.

Also, Matthew Berry's opinion won't change anything, not even ESPN's rankings much.
                              He's a lock to miss 2-4 games, but his legs are a huge X-factor.

Also does anyone get the feeling Berry's just says stuff for the sake of being different

Comment

Working...
                              X