Packers at Seahawks Live In-Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers at Seahawks Live In-Game Thread

Green Bay Packers (1-1) at Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
    Line: Packers by 3. Total: 44.5.

Las Vegas Hilton Advance Point Spread: Packers -5.
    Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 2): Packers -4.5.
    Walt's Projected Line (After Week 2): Packers -4.5.
    Monday, Sept. 24, 8:30 ET

Rodgers or 12th Man? Discuss here.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

And here....we...................go.

Comment

Packers need to take the fans out of the game quickly. If is is close at half time, the 12th Man is going to be ridiculous. Green Bay needs to score early and quickly to take the fans out of the game. If they do that, they have a scoring advantage and a psychological advantage. If not, then they will have a hell of a time.

GREEN BAY NEEDS TO:
      - Score early and often. Take the fans out and establish dominance.
      - Blitz. Wilson had a tough time against ARZ's constant blitz and it threw him off big time.
      - Stop the run. Pete Carroll wants to establish SEA as a running team. Stop the run and force the rookie QB to throw.

SEATTLE NEEDS TO:
      - Run the ball. Marshawn Lynch is a 2nd half runner, so SEA needs to pound the ball in the run game and feel out GB's defense.
      - Play Action. Establish the run game and move to play action. Get rid of the ball quickly on pass plays and keep those hot routs open.
      - Swarm on defense. Don't allow YAC. SEA's pass rush probably won't get to Rogers much, but don't let him just sit in the pocket to make throws.

DECIDING FACTOR:
      - Turn overs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackAdder View Post
        Packers need to take the fans out of the game quickly. If is is close at half time, the 12th Man is going to be ridiculous. Green Bay needs to score early and quickly to take the fans out of the game. If they do that, they have a scoring advantage and a psychological advantage. If not, then they will have a hell of a time.

GREEN BAY NEEDS TO:
        - Score early and often. Take the fans out and establish dominance.
        - Blitz. Wilson had a tough time against ARZ's constant blitz and it threw him off big time.
        - Stop the run. Pete Carroll wants to establish SEA as a running team. Stop the run and force the rookie QB to throw.

SEATTLE NEEDS TO:
        - Run the ball. Marshawn Lynch is a 2nd half runner, so SEA needs to pound the ball in the run game and feel out GB's defense.
        - Play Action. Establish the run game and move to play action. Get rid of the ball quickly on pass plays and keep those hot routs open.
        - Swarm on defense. Don't allow YAC. SEA's pass rush probably won't get to Rogers much, but don't let him just sit in the pocket to make throws.

DECIDING FACTOR:
        - Turn overs.
        Hey, wait a minute. This is a Herm Edwards-level game-plan.

Get off the internet, Herm.

Comment

Actually, I think the deciding factor will be the offensive lines. Whichever line can prevent sacks will probably win the game.

Comment

Go Packers, but I think actually the seahawks have a good shot if they avoid costly turnovers.
            2010 WF.com PPR Champion
            2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
            2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
            2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
            CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
            CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

I'm fully prepared to see Green Bay destroy the offensive line time and time again, only to watch Wilson scramble for twenty yards and a first down.
              Originally posted by jepg
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Originally posted by jepg
              Blue is right

Comment

I have the Seahawks winning this. So with my prime time record the Packers should win
                I AM THAT GUY

Comment

Yeah I am not feeling too confident about today.

Seattle will be extra motivated and the fans extra enthusiastic because of MNF

Comment

I think I will root for the Hawks. Pete Carroll now makes me laugh and his sub-Marvin Lewis-esque won/loss record needs more wins.

I do like the Packers with the Mathews Monster and the Fatty Raji and good ole glory himself Aaron Rodgers, but NFL needs to more parity and Hawks need some heat.

Go Hawks!!!! Sorry Pack fan.....its too funny to see Carroll have success. You guys win n make the playoffs in the end, so no need to worry much
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                    I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Fun fact: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning are a combined 4-10 this year

Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, Christian Ponder and Kevin Kolb are 9-3.

Because **** logic.
                      Boston Celtics 2013 NBA CMD Champions

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

Originally posted by Jwarr37 View Post
                        Fun fact: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning are a combined 4-10 this year

Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith, Christian Ponder and Kevin Kolb are 9-3.

Because **** logic.
                        There actually is some logic to it, as crazy as it sounds. I found this stat at like 2AM while reviewing the QB stats on NFL.com - Christian Ponder, Kevin Kolb, and Blaine Gabbert have thrown fewer interceptions collectively than Tom Brady has thrown by himself. Tom Brady has thrown one interception this year - and that's fewer than the other three QB's.

EDIT: Should have been other FOUR QB's (Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning).
                        Last edited by Clovdyx; 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
                          There actually is some logic to it, as crazy as it sounds. I found this stat at like 2AM while reviewing the QB stats on NFL.com - Christian Ponder, Kevin Kolb, and Blaine Gabbert have thrown fewer interceptions collectively than Tom Brady has thrown by himself. Tom Brady has thrown one interception this year - and that's fewer than the other three QB's.
                          My head hurts

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
                            My head hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Jwarr37 View Post
                              My head hurts
                              Counting fail. Other four, not three.

Comment

Working...
                              X