Senior Bowl Live In-Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
    What off field issues? Eating special brownies he didn't know were special?
    I'm actually not sure what they are. Haven't cared to look because I've liked him for years now talent wise. I just keep seeing that people rank him lower because of it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hey Walter I hate pointing out stuff like this but under the stock up portion for Markus Wheaton you wrote, "beating most receivers not named Marcus Trufant." Just a heads up haha.
      sigpic

Comment

• EJ Manuel did exactly what I thought he would. He looked like a first rounder out there.
        JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• This is a little off task but Chris Weinke, the director of football at IMG Academy, trains 40 of the top NFL players going into the draft every year. I found an audio clip of an interview him talking mostly about him working with Geno Smith. It's not the only reason Geno didn't participate in the Senior Bowl, but he talks about working with him on his footwork, which will serve him better than going to the Senior Bowl (in my eyes). He also talks a little about Luke Joeckel, Bjoern Werner, Sheldon Richardson, Manti Te'o, Eric Reid, Tyler Wilson, Zac Dysert, Matt Barkley, and Margus Hunt if you are interested.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokenbk View Post
            Have Geno & Barkley helped themselves the most (amongst QBs) by actually not playing in today's game?
            Yes, but that was to be expected. Barkley struggled some COMPARED TO EXPECTATIONS and Geno had rough game or two towards the end of the year so in typical overreaction fashion people started placing QB's with couple of good games in their college careers (instead of couple of bad ones like Smith and Barkley) ahead of them. That's only because all their mistakes wasn't nitpicked. Geno Smith will probably be first QB off the board and Barkley will be second. Both going in top 10 with better of them guaranteed to go in top 3.

I think what Senior Bowl showed was that this isn't as bad draft class as some make it out to be. It's just top light but in certain positions (WR, Safety, OLB/DE and DT) there's some great depth.

Comment

• so in typical overreaction fashion people started placing QB's with couple of good games in their college careers (instead of couple of bad ones like Smith and Barkley) ahead of them
              That is so true. After watching the Senior Bowl, everyone except Manuel lowered their stock. Dysert was probably the second best, but he did throw two picks (one on a two point conversion) and fumbled the ball (that was recovered by his teammate). I was annoyed that Wilson's longest pass went for I think 11 yards. Glennon showed he was inconsistant. And Nassib and Jones just stunk the game up. Now who knows how well Smith and Barkley would have done, but they proved that they are the top two, and that no one else is really a threat to passing them.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X