Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The More I Think About It, The More I Think I Love John Lynch As A GM.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but think it's a bad move. York has no idea what he's doing. He's trying really hard to act like he does, which just gives off the opposite image he's going for. I think Blue is right, nobody else wanted to work for this idiot. Lynch is just taking what he can get while York banks on a family name in Kyle Shanahan. Shanahan is not his father and even if he was, his dad wasn't that good of a head coach. This will inevitably blow up in York's face and he will likely have to step away from the process or stubbornly endure media scorn for several years.

Comment

The 49ers just signed Martin Mayhew. Guess who also signed Martin Mayhew soon after being hired as a GM? You guessed it! Matt Millen.

I look forward to the 49ers somehow draft a WR named Mike Williams in the first round.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Originally posted by kirmie View Post
        The 49ers just signed Martin Mayhew. Guess who also signed Martin Mayhew soon after being hired as a GM? You guessed it! Matt Millen.

I look forward to the 49ers somehow draft a WR named Mike Williams in the first round.
        The similarities are becoming uncanny. Now to see if the results are the same.

Comment

Yup. Correlation= Causation
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
            Yup. Correlation= Causation
            You say that, but remember how greatness left the NFL because of how things were being run 2 seasons before the hiring of a broadcaster as GM? I'll let you decide if I'm talking about Barry Sanders or Jim Harbaugh. The number of little things that can be linked is hilarious, so for now at least, correlation = lol.

Comment

...dammit, wrong thread.
              ~

Comment

John Lynch called Matt Millen to see what not to do
                ~

Comment

I wonder if Millen gave him some of the all time great lessons like "Draft more WRs" or if he gave him good advice like "Don't do any of the things I did in this article". That article ends with "It's one thing to miss, it's another thing to not know what the hell you're swinging at." It really won't be difficult for Lynch to do better than Millen and Mayhew is already very ware of what dumb things Millen did that Lynch shouldn't. Mayhew also seemed to learn from his own mistakes so believe it or not, I actually like that hire. It's just funny at the same time.

Comment

Need to see what he does in free agency, but Lynch could turn this roster around very quickly if he makes smart moves. San Francisco could have over $100 million in cap space after cutting Kaepernick and Antoine Bethea, with absolutely no significant talent to resign. They can get Alshon Jeffery, an offensive tackle or guard, Melvin Ingram, and maybe a cornerback in free agency with about half that money. Draft BPA at 2nd overall, maybe trade up for one of the rookie QBs and sign a bridge vet, and they're not in a bad shape for 2017.
                    Originally posted by jepg
                    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                    Originally posted by jepg
                    Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                    X