This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steelers released Justin Gilbert. Joe Thomas then tweeted in response:

"If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
      I'm slightly surprised the old falcons fans didn't return before the super bowl.
      Ellijay and who else?

Steelers released Justin Gilbert. Joe Thomas then tweeted in response:

"If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick."
      He barely saw the field. No disciplinary problems like in Cleveland; he just wasn't very good. He didn't cost anything significant, so whatever.
      sigpic

Comment

Gilbert is a damn shame. Some of the best ball skills I've ever seen from a cornerback in college.
        Originally posted by jepg
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

Yeah. Hard to imagine that someone that talented could effectively walk away from that much money on the table by not really caring.

Comment

Both the free agent and draft class is stacked at corner. Good sign for the Titans, since they already have $64 million in cap space, few free agents that they need to re-sign, and few important players getting close to the ends of their contracts.
            They can get even more if they restructure/cut Jason McCourty or Harry Douglas.

For once, I'm optimistic about the Titans' offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Both the free agent and draft class is stacked at corner. Good sign for the Titans, since they already have $64 million in cap space, few free agents that they need to re-sign, and few important players getting close to the ends of their contracts.
              They can get even more if they restructure/cut Jason McCourty or Harry Douglas.

For once, I'm optimistic about the Titans' offseason.
              It's nice to have a QB.
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                Both the free agent and draft class is stacked at corner.
                Draft, yes. Free agency? Yuck. There's Trumaine Johnson, AJ Bouye as a slot, and Brandon Carr. Stephon Gilmore won't get out of Buffalo, whether via a new deal or the tag. Hard for me to get excited about Prince Amukamara, Morris Claiborne, or Captain Munnerlyn, PFF be damned.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Draft, yes. Free agency? Yuck. There's Trumaine Johnson, AJ Bouye as a slot, and Brandon Carr. Stephon Gilmore won't get out of Buffalo, whether via a new deal or the tag. Hard for me to get excited about Prince Amukamara, Morris Claiborne, or Captain Munnerlyn, PFF be damned.
                  Don't forget about Logan Ryan. He can be a strong #2 for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post

Don't forget about Logan Ryan. He can be a strong #2 for someone.
                    That's true, I'd forgotten he was a free agent.

After cuts, the CB free agent class will probably have some nice depth among the No. 2/3 types. Johnson is the only corner I see hitting free agency who might qualify as a No. 1, which I assume is what Tennessee is looking for.

Blue is right

Comment

Steve ****ing Sarkisian? Jesus Christ in Colorado, Falcons.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Browns picked up former OSU Buckeye Tyvis Powell, Safety, from the Seattle Seahawks waiver wire. Powell is from Bedford Heights (15 miles from Cleveland) and has been a vocal, life long Browns fan, and has stated that it was his dream to play for the Browns.

I don't know if he'll be here long, but it's nice to see that human side of football, where dreams come true, and little kids grow up to play for their favorite teams. It's a feel good story.

#ClevelandMadeClevelandPaid

Comment

The Cowboys have negative-$10M in cap space. The Patriots have positive-$60M in cap space. Angry face.
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

I don't know why the media and college/professional football organizations are so in love with failed USC coaching products.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                              Browns picked up former OSU Buckeye Tyvis Powell, Safety, from the Seattle Seahawks waiver wire. Powell is from Bedford Heights (15 miles from Cleveland) and has been a vocal, life long Browns fan, and has stated that it was his dream to play for the Browns.

I don't know if he'll be here long, but it's nice to see that human side of football, where dreams come true, and little kids grow up to play for their favorite teams. It's a feel good story.

#ClevelandMadeClevelandPaid
                              That's pretty cool. I remember when Vinny Curry was getting drafted, he was one of the day 2 prospects that ESPN asked if they could put a camera in his home so fans could get a live look in when he was drafted. He declined because ESPN told him he'd have to take his Eagles memorabilia down, and if he got drafted by another team it would be the last day he'd be able to keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                                If John Elway doesn't sign Ricky Wagner I'm gonna ****ing lose it.
                                I don't care where he goes just as long as he nets a nice comp. pick.

Maybe the Raiders will give him KO money

Comment

Working...
                                X