2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

That was my first assumption. He could also just be a party animal, though I don't see why either would matter to New England so long as he puts in the work on the field and doesn't get arrested.
    If Mike Reiss doesn't have anything concrete that's a pretty irresponsible article.

Comment

That was my first assumption. He could also just be a party animal, though I don't see why either would matter to New England so long as he puts in the work on the field and doesn't get arrested.
      Probably just the assumption that a married guy with kids is less likely to fall off the wagon and party too hard so that it affects his performance, murder a bunch of people, slack off after getting a big contract, etc.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Probably just the assumption that a married guy with kids is less likely to fall off the wagon and party too hard so that it affects his performance, murder a bunch of people, slack off after getting a big contract, etc.
        That was my assumption. If they're looking to tie a guy down long term, it would make sense that one with a wife and kids who would have to move with him would give them a bit more leverage.

Comment

• Looking more and more like Kizer's poor football IQ and slow playing speed are going to drop him into the second round.

I am, however, deathly curious whether Davis Webb will jump him and possibly be selected in the first round. I like Webb as a developmental guy, but I can't believe anybody would invest a high pick in him after the Goff Experiment did not work out at all in year one.
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Blue is right

Comment

• Mahomes is the only quarterback that should be taken before round 7 of this years draft. The rest of the quarterbacks look like they play in mud.
            Any qb needing teams is better off waiting til they get either Josh Rosen, Sam Donald, or Jake Browning.
            Hope Ross goes to a qb needing team simply so that team can take Browning
            Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• I typically don't mind players having real life records released prior to draft time, but going into Dalvin Cook's off field issues and problems which date into high school is inexcusable. Brining up things he did at 16 and even 13 years of age is atrocious.

Comment

• Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                I typically don't mind players having real life records released prior to draft time, but going into Dalvin Cook's off field issues and problems which date into high school is inexcusable. Brining up things he did at 16 and even 13 years of age is atrocious.
                What did he do?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                  I typically don't mind players having real life records released prior to draft time, but going into Dalvin Cook's off field issues and problems which date into high school is inexcusable. Brining up things he did at 16 and even 13 years of age is atrocious.
                  If he hadn't been cited in college for three different offenses, including battery and animal abuse, I would agree. But since he was, it's fair game because it shows he has an established history of poor decision-making that crosses the line into actual criminal activity and, more importantly, he hasn't learned from any of it. Not even how to get away with it or cover it up.

It probably isn't helping Cook's case that the only good NFL players from FSU under Jimbo have been the guys who didn't have off-field concerns. Jameis is probably the only exception to that and the jury is still out on him, in my opinion.

Blue is right

Comment

Looking more and more like Kizer's poor football IQ and slow playing speed are going to drop him into the second round.

I am, however, deathly curious whether Davis Webb will jump him and possibly be selected in the first round. I like Webb as a developmental guy, but I can't believe anybody would invest a high pick in him after the Goff Experiment did not work out at all in year one.
                    what

I do agree that his playing speed was a tad slow this past year because he hesitated too much (I blame Brian Kelly), but I totally disagree that he has poor football IQ

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post

what

I do agree that his playing speed was a tad slow this past year because he hesitated too much (I blame Brian Kelly), but I totally disagree that he has poor football IQ
                      How exactly are you defining football IQ? I don't know how else to explain his lazy mechanics, lack of internal clock, and slow playing speed. By his own admission, he didn't make enough plays last year, and part of that was due to poor decision-making. I can't watch what he did in the last six games of 2016 without seeing that.

Blue is right

Comment

• That's what concerns me about Kizer. He seems to have all the physical tools, but I wonder about what's between the ears.

Comment

• FWIW, Kizer turned 21 at the beginning of January. He's the youngest of the top four QBs by about four months. He's probably still doing some growing up.

Blue is right

Comment

FWIW, Kizer turned 21 at the beginning of January. He's the youngest of the top four QBs by about four months. He's probably still doing some growing up.
                            This would be important because the issues sound similar to what happens to guys coming into the NFL. Too much thinking until they get used to it. Maybe it is because he is younger or maybe because he was a dual threat guy working on trying to sit in the pocket more or something. Like most QBs and OL he shouldn't have left early for the draft. I'll recuse myself from any further commenting because he's a local guy to me, being from Toledo.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Honestly, where does all the Davis Webb hype come from?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                                Honestly, where does all the Davis Webb hype come from?
                                A bad QB class. Realistically, one of Watson, Kizer, or Trubisky will be a stud at the next level, but they're all projects who could've made themselves better by spending more time in school.
                                Of course, they also don't want to compete in a super stacked 2018 class.

Comment

Working...
                                X