Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think the Jets would love to move down, so a trade with the Browns for their 12th pick makes huge sense. But I'll bet the 49ers want to move down, too. So how much more would they need than what the Browns offer the Jets, given most other teams can't afford to pay up?

    It makes me think I should put Trubisky at 6, or maybe between 6 and 2.
    ~

    Comment


    • Apparently Jabrill Peppers had a diluted sample (Probably just to put on water weight.) Was already questionable for the first, wonder if this knocks him out of it.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • I'll take Foster on the Giants

        Comment


        • I just want to say it's incredibly bizarre to me that anon scouts have no problem trashing DeShone Kizer to say he "doesn't win," but nobody has ever brought up Pat Mahomes went 12-13 the last two years with such great wins as Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, and UTEP under his belt. 0-8 against ranked teams. Kid lost by 56 to Iowa State last year. Iowa State won three games and lost at home to Northern Iowa. I know expectations are different at Notre Dame and Texas Tech, but geez.

          And Mahomes, coming from a system that has never produced an NFL starter, is sitting here saying he's not a project and knows NFL concepts, and he might be the first QB off the board? Talk about failing up.
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

          I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Originally posted by jepg
          Blue is right

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Blue View Post
            I just want to say it's incredibly bizarre to me that anon scouts have no problem trashing DeShone Kizer to say he "doesn't win," but nobody has ever brought up Pat Mahomes went 12-13 the last two years with such great wins as Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, and UTEP under his belt. 0-8 against ranked teams. Kid lost by 56 to Iowa State last year. Iowa State won three games and lost at home to Northern Iowa. I know expectations are different at Notre Dame and Texas Tech, but geez.

            And Mahomes, coming from a system that has never produced an NFL starter, is sitting here saying he's not a project and knows NFL concepts, and he might be the first QB off the board? Talk about failing up.
            Notre Dame arguably had a much better supporting cast though, particularly in 2015. There's a big differential between how many points they both had to put up on average to win a game though over the last couple of seasons, something like 25 for Kizer and 40-odd for Mahomes.

            For the record though, I'm not at all sold on Mahomes either. Great arm strength and teams will love this enthusiasm but too many question marks about concepts, decision-making and accuracy for me. Very much a project and wouldn't be a 1st round pick if this draft class had one or two stand-out QB's like a Winston/Mariota. As it is, I think he will go in the 1st somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if he went anywhere as high as #13, but I think it's more likely going to be around #25 to the Texans or #27 to the Chiefs, or somebody trading back late in to the 1st.
            Last edited by TommyVercetti; 04-25-2017, 04:03 AM.
            Raiders Draft Grades:

            R3 - Tony Bergstrom, G - B-
            R4 - Miles Burris, LB - C
            R5 - Jack Crawford, DE - C+
            R5 - Juron Criner, WR - A-
            R6 - Chris Bilukidi, DT - D+
            R7 - Nathan Stupar, LB - C


            Overall - C+

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TommyVercetti View Post

              Notre Dame arguably had a much better supporting cast though, particularly in 2015. There's a big differential between how many points they both had to put up on average to win a game though over the last couple of seasons, something like 25 for Kizer and 40-odd for Mahomes.

              For the record though, I'm not at all sold on Mahomes either. Great arm strength and teams will love this enthusiasm but too many question marks about concepts, decision-making and accuracy for me. Very much a project and wouldn't be a 1st round pick if this draft class had one or two stand-out QB's like a Winston/Mariota. As it is, I think he will go in the 1st somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if he went anywhere as high as #13, but I think it's more likely going to be around #25 to the Texans or #27 to the Chiefs, or somebody trading back late in to the 1st.
              2015, sure, but Kizer won 9 games as a pseudo-starter that year (and his only losses were to teams that finished Top-4 in the final season poll). In 2016, I don't think Notre Dame was a better team, and they certainly had a tougher schedule that didn't include an FCS lackey.

              It just seems strange to me that Mahomes isn't getting knocked for not winning when Kizer is. Feels like that's scout-speak for something else.
              Originally posted by jepg
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

              I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Originally posted by jepg
              Blue is right

              Comment


              • Not only was kizer losing he was looking bad when doing so
                Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                  Not only was kizer losing he was looking bad when doing so
                  Again, still applies to Pat Mahomes. But all the talk about Mahomes is about his tools, not about how he's "not a winner."

                  I like Mahomes, I just don't see why he's getting a free pass in the "doesn't win" department when multiple people have brought it up to knock Kizer. It's not like Kizer doesn't have on-field issues to focus on, y'know?
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                  I should be put on an island and nuked.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  Blue is right

                  Comment


                  • Why knock Mahomes for not winning when you can just knock him for being a clone of Jay Cutler-but-only-when-Jay-Cutler-is-bad?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      Why knock Mahomes for not winning when you can just knock him for being a clone of Jay Cutler-but-only-when-Jay-Cutler-is-bad?
                      Doesn't that make him original RGIII (Rex Grossman the 3rd)?


                      ~

                      Comment


                      • Has nobody else heard the reports about Ross' medical, or am I just the only one surprised it's this bad? The kid has like no original parts.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

                        Lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                          Doesn't that make him original RGIII (Rex Grossman the 3rd)?


                          ~
                          Now that you bring up Grossman, I actually like that comp better. Especially since I feel pretty strongly that fizzling out like Grossman is exactly what Mahomes will do in the NFL, but with a worse haircut.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                            I just want to say it's incredibly bizarre to me that anon scouts have no problem trashing DeShone Kizer to say he "doesn't win," but nobody has ever brought up Pat Mahomes went 12-13 the last two years with such great wins as Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, and UTEP under his belt. 0-8 against ranked teams. Kid lost by 56 to Iowa State last year. Iowa State won three games and lost at home to Northern Iowa. I know expectations are different at Notre Dame and Texas Tech, but geez.

                            And Mahomes, coming from a system that has never produced an NFL starter, is sitting here saying he's not a project and knows NFL concepts, and he might be the first QB off the board? Talk about failing up.
                            lol plenty of Air Raid QBs have been successful

                            Trubisky comes from an Air Raid based system too

                            It's unleash the dragon time yall

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                              Has nobody else heard the reports about Ross' medical, or am I just the only one surprised it's this bad? The kid has like no original parts.
                              I finally managed to make another entry for the contest. (It was easier to use the advanced picker and make a new one than make so many changes to the old one.)

                              Problem is I have Mike Williams at 26 and Corey Davis at 27 and that's it for the WRs. There's just so many good defensive players. I guess that's probably too low for Williams though and I'll have to change it again.
                              ~

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                                I finally managed to make another entry for the contest. (It was easier to use the advanced picker and make a new one than make so many changes to the old one.)

                                Problem is I have Mike Williams at 26 and Corey Davis at 27 and that's it for the WRs. There's just so many good defensive players. I guess that's probably too low for Williams though and I'll have to change it again.
                                ~
                                I don't see how one of them doesn't got to the Titans at 18.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

                                Lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X