• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who's gonna be our RT....

Alex Lewis?

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Browns plan on releasing McCown. I assume that there's an open door for him if he wants to return as a QB coach, since Hue has been pushing Josh towards considering a job in coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        who's gonna be our RT....

Alex Lewis?
        I think that's an obvious move, though draftniks seem to disagree. Lewis is too tall to get good leverage at the guard position imo, though he's solid in pass protection. He played tackle in college, preseason, and regular season when Stanley was out, for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Terps View Post

I think that's an obvious move, though draftniks seem to disagree. Lewis is too tall to get good leverage at the guard position imo, though he's solid in pass protection. He played tackle in college, preseason, and regular season when Stanley was out, for what it's worth.
          You don't think they'll draft a guy?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

You don't think they'll draft a guy?
            If you asked me last year before TC "why did the Ravens draft Alex Lewis," I would have said to provide depth for 2016 and replace Wagner at RT in 2017 (which is what they did with Wagner, drafting and sitting him a season before he replaced Oher at RT, who left in FA). However, TC developed in such a way that Lewis happened to be the best LG on the roster, beating out veterans John Urschel and Ryan Jensen for the starting LG position. So rather than serve as a backup Tackle his rookie season like Wagner did, Lewis played LG out of necessity.

So in my opinion, it always seemed like Lewis was projected to be the RT of the future with Wagner destined to leave as a UFA (since Ozzie loves his comp. picks). The real objective in FA/draft should be to find a LG, since Urschel and Jensen are backup-quality guards as we've found out. However, maybe Lewis's ability to play LG allows the FO to be more open to BPA and draft an OT prospect in lieu of a Guard--I guess we'll see in a few months.

Tldr: I think they should draft a LG

Comment

We need OL depth in general. Zuttah can be upgraded as well

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by Terps View Post

If you asked me last year before TC "why did the Ravens draft Alex Lewis," I would have said to provide depth for 2016 and replace Wagner at RT in 2017 (which is what they did with Wagner, drafting and sitting him a season before he replaced Oher at RT, who left in FA). However, TC developed in such a way that Lewis happened to be the best LG on the roster, beating out veterans John Urschel and Ryan Jensen for the starting LG position. So rather than serve as a backup Tackle his rookie season like Wagner did, Lewis played LG out of necessity.

So in my opinion, it always seemed like Lewis was projected to be the RT of the future with Wagner destined to leave as a UFA (since Ozzie loves his comp. picks). The real objective in FA/draft should be to find a LG, since Urschel and Jensen are backup-quality guards as we've found out. However, maybe Lewis's ability to play LG allows the FO to be more open to BPA and draft an OT prospect in lieu of a Guard--I guess we'll see in a few months.

Tldr: I think they should draft a LG
                I like Dorian Johnson as a LG myself, but Ozzie seems to prefer size so I could see Taylor Moton being a fit. Hell I could see going to camp with Moton and Lewis then figure out which one plays where at camp.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So McShay just put out his 2017 Mock 2.0. Congrats to the Titans, you're getting Corey Davis at number 5.

~

Comment

I don't think Tim Williams goes in the first.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I would sing praises to the USC Sun-Tan man if we got Garrett at 1 and Trubisky at 12. We fix the secondary with the second rounders and hot damn.

Comment

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        So McShay just put out his 2017 Mock 2.0. Congrats to the Titans, you're getting Corey Davis at number 5.

[IMG]https://s27.postimg.org/q7a0g430j/ifthethunderdontgetya_Preview_2017_02_08.png[IMG]
                        ~
                        This is that time of the year where I'm not sure whether it's me or the mock draft pundits who are way off lol.

Corey Davis is a solid WR, but top 5... you cray.

Looks like a good draft to trade-down though, if you can. Best depth since 2014.

Comment

All mocks are utter crap until after the combine, and then they're mostly crap until after free agency has calmed down.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

A lot of them are crap even after all that, but it's all we football obsessives have for a good long while.
                            ~

Comment

I know they're nonsense this time a year, but dammit I need them.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think all mocks are crap, but at least they're conversation pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X