Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with Darnold? I saw a couple of games and wasn't particularly moved either way and now he's either supposed to be #1 overall (talking heads) or Matt Barkley (internet).
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      What's the deal with Darnold? I saw a couple of games and wasn't particularly moved either way and now he's either supposed to be #1 overall (talking heads) or Matt Barkley (internet).
      Those who love him probably saw the Rose Bowl and began to drool. Those who hate him probably just saw "USC" and dismissed him. We'll know more by next year. I'm not even certain he comes out, though.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Those who love him probably saw the Rose Bowl and began to drool. Those who hate him probably just saw "USC" and dismissed him. We'll know more by next year. I'm not even certain he comes out, though.
        Sounds about right. If I had to guess, I'd bet he ends up being somewhere between 3-5 in the QB rankings at the end of the year. Not basing that off of intensive tape study, just the way things seem to go.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I wonder how much fun it'd be to have the NFL to a draft lottery similar to the NBA's lottery (which takes place tonight). The NFL needs more conspiracies.

Sidenote: I can't wait to see if the Lakers keep their pick. It's fun to believe it's rigged, even though it probably isn't.

Comment

• I think Darnold is a solid first-round pick from what I've seen of him, but I don't believe he's an All-Pro kinda guy either. IMO at this very early stage, I see him having a ceiling of Eli Manning/Phil Rivers/Joe Flacco as a guy who isn't going to lose you games but needs the right support system around him to be a playoff contender.

At this point, I'm also really down on this year's class. There doesn't seem to be a clear-cut elite physical talent like Garrett or Clowney, and none of the QBs seem like sure things. A few guys like Saquon Barkley, Arden Key, Connor Williams, Malik Jefferson, Derwin James, and Mike McGlinchey seem like 1st round locks but not 1st overall types. We got eight months or so before any of that matters, tho.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Originally posted by jepg
            Blue is right

Comment

• Not saying they're #1 overall, but two of the players I'm most interested in seeing are Connor Williams and the ILB from N Carolina. In addition to finding out whether or not Arden Key gets himself sorted out.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm sure someone will emerge. We have all year.
                sigpic

Comment

• Darnold seems to have the intangibles but his mechanics need an awful lot of work, sometimes his throwing motion is so bad and sloppy he can't even complete a simple screen.

Obviously the former is far more important and something you can't teach compared to the latter but still, I genuinely think they're that bad that if he doesn't improve massively this year in that regard then he's nowhere near the #1 overall pick IMO.

That said, I don't necessarily expect him to come out next year anyway.
                  Raiders Draft Grades:

R3 - Tony Bergstrom, G - B-
                  R4 - Miles Burris, LB - C
                  R5 - Jack Crawford, DE - C+
                  R5 - Juron Criner, WR - A-
                  R6 - Chris Bilukidi, DT - D+
                  R7 - Nathan Stupar, LB - C

Overall - C+

Comment

• LeGarrette Blount has landed.
                    ~

Comment

• Browns suck, still suck, suck everlasting. At least we hired a 11 year old madden player to stock pile draft picks while we autorun through seasons to build our team until we make our ten straight madden bowl championship runs and then move the team to Mexico City and call them the Mayans!!!!!!

Then win another 30 in a row.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Shinecoe is HOF TE. Brady Quinn is HOF. Madden times. drafted WR's rated 99 with thousands of yards and tds near per game. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh alt universe you are kind one
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Signing Jason McCourty will be super helpful. I was hoping to see him go to a contender though.

Comment

• 185. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida: TEACH THE ORANGUTAN TO INSERT KIELBASAS MILLEN Grade
                            I said I wouldn't give Millen grades to fifth-rounders, but I didn't say anything like that about sixth-round choices! This pick is just horrible because Caleb Brantley was charged with knocking a woman unconscious recently, and there's still an investigation going on. The Browns even said they could cut him if they discover negative details! Brantley is a talented player, but he's lazy and showed up to pre-draft workouts overweight and out of shape. He's not worth a draft selection.

Hey 'member when this was the grade you gave the Browns for the now cleared Brantley??? Yeah I 'member...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                              Finally the "Ravens should sign Blount" story can end (that goes for here, reddit, and local media outlets). Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terps View Post

Finally the "Ravens should sign Blount" story can end (that goes for here, reddit, and local media outlets). Yay!
                                I kinda wish you guys had signed him. He's going to help the Iggles on short yardage downs.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X