No announcement yet.

2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladarius Green cut by Steelers. Just another brilliant FA signing by the Tolbert braintrust.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Ladarius Green cut by Steelers. Just another brilliant FA signing by the Tolbert braintrust.
      Failed physical. They did not do their homework on him. Bummer. He had potential. Greg Warren was released, too. Most important position on the field.
      Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 05-18-2017, 04:42 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Failed physical. They did not do their homework on him. Bummer. He had potential. Greg Warren was released, too. Most important position on the field.
        Ya shoulda beat the Lions to Jimmy Landes!

P.S. Nevermind, I forgot future Pro-Bowler Colin Holba. Soorry!
        ~
        Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 05-18-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          Ladarius Green cut by Steelers. Just another brilliant FA signing by the Tolbert braintrust.
          I remember being a little alarmed when the Steelers signed him. If healthy, he would have made an already potent offense even more scary, shoring up their underwhelming TE corps with a big mismatch weapon.

Comment

• Looking at the Browns roster they are nowhere near as bad as some teams, that D-Line in particular looks beast on paper.

Unfortunately I think the biggest thing to overcome is going to be the losing mentality, I can see a year where they lose 3-4 close games to silly errors out of fear/inexperience.
            Raiders Draft Grades:

R3 - Tony Bergstrom, G - B-
            R4 - Miles Burris, LB - C
            R5 - Jack Crawford, DE - C+
            R5 - Juron Criner, WR - A-
            R6 - Chris Bilukidi, DT - D+
            R7 - Nathan Stupar, LB - C

Overall - C+

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyVercetti View Post
              Looking at the Browns roster they are nowhere near as bad as some teams, that D-Line in particular looks beast on paper.

Unfortunately I think the biggest thing to overcome is going to be the losing mentality, I can see a year where they lose 3-4 close games to silly errors out of fear/inexperience.
              You could apply that to the Jags as well. Last year they had a statistically great defense, but still lost almost all of their games, and that was coming off of a 2015 where they had a statistically great offense, but still lost almost all their games. And both of those in the weak AFC South.

They've "won" free agency like three years in a row too. Poor Jags.

Comment

• Ryan Fitzpatrick to the Bucs.

RIP Jameis Winston.
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Jokes aside 1 year, 3mil isn't bad for Fitzmagic.

Howard Wilson got good news about his kneecap and it loos like he'll be ready to go in august for the middle of training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Jokes aside 1 year, 3mil isn't bad for Fitzmagic.
                    Agreed. He's finally being paid appropriately. As a backup.

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Howard Wilson got good news about his kneecap and it loos like he'll be ready to go in august for the middle of training camp.
                    McCourty gonna be yall's No. 2 anyway.

Comment

• Josh Rosen is going #1 in the 2018 draft. It isn't even debatable. Lock it up. We are done here.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...u-college-kids

Hot Tub. Dorm Room. B*tches. Alpha AF.

Last edited by Vbsiena; 05-22-2017, 10:06 AM.
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• New overtime rule could let receiving team win with just a field goal

I think this is b.s. The games are too long, but not because there's too much football. It's because of all the commercials and other crap.
                        ~

Comment

• I wish they'd just go back to sudden death.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I see the pros and cons of each method of OT. If their goal is to shorten OT and decrease ties, this rule change would accomplish that.

As a fan of a team with a good defense and a great kicker, I'm okay with the rule change.

edit: I think for the postseason I would rather it be the current rules, however.

Comment

• I'd rather see them just go back to a tie is a tie, and overtime is for the playoffs than make this change.
                              ~

Comment

• They approved the 10 minute overtime. Two players can come off IR now and there is no 90-75 man cut-down. Just one cut to 53.

Comment

Working...
                                X