No announcement yet.

2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Mocks this year are always way off from what the end result is, and the end result is usually way off from what players are actually good.

Haven't most of the ESPN mock guys more or less said that mocks before like two weeks ahead of the draft are pretty much just there to generate discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
      Yeah. Mocks this year are always way off from what the end result is, and the end result is usually way off from what players are actually good.

Haven't most of the ESPN mock guys more or less said that mocks before like two weeks ahead of the draft are pretty much just there to generate discussion?
      What I've heard them and others say is that they're required to do them by their overlords and it's just clickbait until closer to the draft. After they've had more contact with teams, they become more interesting because you might get a sense of which way certain teams are leaning, clearer picture of consensus draft stock etc...
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So... are there any major mockers other than Charlie that do NOT have Ryan Ramczyk going at #20? It feels like there are so many players that are all over the place while Ryan is already viewing houses in Colorado.

Edit: I also feel like the odds that the Lions are keeping Warford and/or Reiff are getting lower every day. It seems more and more like those two are going make bank. Warford for being good and the price of OGs skyrocketing because of Osemele and Winters. Reiff because the OT market sucks and he can be a OK LT or RT as needed. It sounds like Devin Taylor is looking to make as much money as possible as well. I'm guessing he gets overpaid or sits around for a while before getting signed at a reasonable price.
        Last edited by kirmie; 02-09-2017, 11:10 AM.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Here's an S.I. needs for every team post.

I'm just putting it here because I agree that we need safety the most of all (more than DT and ILB, even).

And it's interesting how many teams need guards, seems like there's a supply imbalance versus what's available in top tier draft + free agency prospects.
          ~

Comment

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
            Here's an S.I. needs for every team post.

I'm just putting it here because I agree that we need safety the most of all (more than DT and ILB, even).

And it's interesting how many teams need guards, seems like there's a supply imbalance versus what's available in top tier draft + free agency prospects.
            ~
            Super stud once in a generation guard prospect Chance Warmack will be available, since the Titans are now managed competently and surely to god won't re-sign him.

Comment

Super stud once in a generation guard prospect Chance Warmack will be available, since the Titans are now managed competently and surely to god won't re-sign him.
              You don't think they sign him to a cheap one-year deal?
              Originally posted by jepg
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Blue is right

Comment

Chance Warmack had the name of a HOF you have to give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

He's been outplayed by Josh Kline, and with Matias and Tretola as backups, and Spain on the left side being the weakest link, I hope not. It'd have to be one hell of a cheap deal. Like backup-right-guard cheap.

Some other team will be like Walt and think "Oh, he was the 10th pick though, he mus have potential!" instead of realizing that he was just horribly scouted and drafted waaaay too high by maybe the worst GM of the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Warmack would have one game where he actually looked like a 10th overall pick and then 6 games where he looked soft and scared. Physically, he has top notch ability, but he just doesn't have that nastiness factor that an offensive lineman needs.

At least, that's my take after watching him in TN and for BDL. He could never get mean. Just doesn't have the mentality for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      So... are there any major mockers other than Charlie that do NOT have Ryan Ramczyk going at #20? It feels like there are so many players that are all over the place while Ryan is already viewing houses in Colorado.

Edit: I also feel like the odds that the Lions are keeping Warford and/or Reiff are getting lower every day. It seems more and more like those two are going make bank. Warford for being good and the price of OGs skyrocketing because of Osemele and Winters. Reiff because the OT market sucks and he can be a OK LT or RT as needed. It sounds like Devin Taylor is looking to make as much money as possible as well. I'm guessing he gets overpaid or sits around for a while before getting signed at a reasonable price.
                      If it'll make you feel any better, I'll do a mock that sends Ramczyk to Baltimore. Also, Dalvin Cook seems to be stuck going to Indy in most of the mocks that I've seen.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Myles Garrett isn't going to to draft. The last time the Browns drafted a guy in the first round who didn't participate in the draft, it worked out pretty well for them.

Comment

Yeah Dalvin Cook and Indy seem like a common choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                            Myles Garrett isn't going to to draft. The last time the Browns drafted a guy in the first round who didn't participate in the draft, it worked out pretty well for them.
                            Good old Joey T went fishing with his pops that day didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post

Good old Joey T went fishing with his pops that day didn't he?
                              He did indeed.
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Blue is right

Comment

Looks like he had a good day.

~

Comment

Working...
                                X