Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    Poor Kaep. He'll probably get a job about the same time as Tebow.
    So, minor league baseball, then? In all seriousness, I think Kaep goes to Baltimore if Flacco's back issues are serious.

    I'm interested to see how Cutler does in Miami. I'd love to see a Pats upset or two in classic "Cutler don't care" fashion.

    Steelers camp has been pretty normal, which is good. Some players banged up, but nothing major. Only strugglers have been no names so far. Just waiting for Bryant to be reinstated, which may be this week.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

      So, minor league baseball, then? In all seriousness, I think Kaep goes to Baltimore if Flacco's back issues are serious.

      I'm interested to see how Cutler does in Miami. I'd love to see a Pats upset or two in classic "Cutler don't care" fashion.

      Steelers camp has been pretty normal, which is good. Some players banged up, but nothing major. Only strugglers have been no names so far. Just waiting for Bryant to be reinstated, which may be this week.
      Did anybody get cut for banging Ben's ankle?
      Flinchy McTapQwik

      Lol

      Comment


      • Adoree Jackson is apparently outperforming everyone else as a punt and kick returner in the Titans camp, including Eric Weems, who was sixth in the league last year, FYI.

        Titans special teams are finally going to not suck.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          Adoree Jackson is apparently outperforming everyone else as a punt and kick returner in the Titans camp, including Eric Weems, who was sixth in the league last year, FYI.

          Titans special teams are finally going to not suck.
          He was a great pick for you guys at 18.
          ~

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

            Did anybody get cut for banging Ben's ankle?
            Ha, no. I think everyone forgot. Camp has been drama free.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Adoree Jackson is apparently outperforming everyone else as a punt and kick returner in the Titans camp, including Eric Weems, who was sixth in the league last year, FYI.

              Titans special teams are finally going to not suck.
              This doesn't surprise me too much. If he can actually play corner, then I'll be shocked.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

              Lol

              Comment


              • *heart* Jay Cutler
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

                Comment


                • DeShaun Watson getting some PT today.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                    DeShaun Watson getting some PT today.
                    I would be surprised if he's not the Day 1 starter.

                    Comment


                    • Some impressive stuff from DeShaun Watson tonight.

                      Comment


                      • I figured he would bust. Seemed too skinny to me. But had a lot of success against top tier programs in college for whatever that is worth and right now winning the Preseason is much better than sucking at it like most rookie QBs do. Good luck to him and all the new ones. With Brady gone and Tom out soon enough they do need some new talent to step up and actually be beastly. What is Cam Newton going to hold the torch for all of America at QB? Doubtful. New Blood is needed all over the NFL and especially at QB.

                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

                        Comment


                        • The Lions are practicing with the Colts and are apparently dominating everything. Which probably leans more towards the Colts being terrible than the Lions doing anything good. Lang was missing, but Caldwell implied it was very minor, which is great news since 99.9% of what he usually says about injuries is "Check the report".

                          Also, this.
                          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                          Comment


                          • All this wait and finally a game! And it's lousy as hell.

                            Ah well.
                            ~

                            Comment


                            • Man the Bears looked bad.

                              Comment


                              • Including preseasons, the Browns tied their win total from last year already. Feels good man.

                                But in seriousness, Brock looked bad. Despite the idiot media saying how his velocity was so much better than Kessler's the Weeden Theorem rings true: Ball velocity without accuracy is worthless. Kessler looked better with what he had, despite not having a rocket arm.

                                Speaking of rocket arms, Kizer fired a few great lasers tonight. Beyond the two bombs, I loved some of his intermediate stuff. Not perfect, but the potential is definitely there. Needs to speed up his internal clock a bit, but that will come with experience. Moved well in the pocket, unsurprisingly, and had some really nice throws. The 22 yarder to set up 4th &2, the 17 yard dig thrown with anticipation for a first, and the 10 yard first down to Telfer in the face of pressure really showed he may have the stuff to be the guy.

                                It's unreal. He even did a victory formation. I didn't know that was in our playbook.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X