No announcement yet.

2017 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMZ just "released" pictures of Tiffany Thompson's various bruises, which just so happened to be...

- already available in the public records via her own damn Instagram account
    - inconclusive in regards to who actually caused them
    - serving no other apparent purpose beyond aiding the NFL in the court of public opinion

Daniel, imma need you on the case for this. Because, biased as I am, the whole conspiracy of Mara + the team of Giants fan private investigators + paid-off forensic experts is pretty, pretty, pretty compelling. Sure is weird that it took a whole year to wrap up, the NFL found stuff that the Columbus LE/DA could not (doesn't this mean they have to reopen the case?), and it's not ending anytime soon. We're headed for full-on war between Jerry and the NFL. Hold onto your butts.
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I'll be surprised if Zeke doesn't win his appeal, and the NFL knows this. They can look like they're coming out strong against DV and a player doesn't get unduly punished post-appeal. Good move NFL.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Stupid Bills think they can out tank us? They better not.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          I'll be surprised if Zeke doesn't win his appeal, and the NFL knows this. They can look like they're coming out strong against DV and a player doesn't get unduly punished post-appeal. Good move NFL.
          That's definitely what league wants (have Zeke yield and comply and he'll get it reduced to 4 and be back for the Packers game) but it depends on what they have. It's super fishy to me that their private forensics people would reach a different conclusion than the public's, almost like they have an agenda.

If Zeke really did what he was alleged to do, then this isn't going to court, it's not worth it to have that stuff come out and incriminate him further in the court of public opinion. But, I mean, we'll see. The letter the NFL released was super damning but I think there's some logical inconsistencies to it that a year's worth of redrafting and editing was able to mostly, but not entirely, conceal. The league hasn't exactly earned the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• When it comes to NFL internal investigations, the initial outcome also should not be presumed to be fair and accurate. It's a degree of patience and caution that has become justified by bungled, ham-handed NFL investigations of recent years, from the Saints bounty scandal to the cap penalties imposed on Dallas and Washington to the Ray Rice debacle to #Deflategate. All too often, the NFL (like many other large business organizations) selects a desired outcome in such situations and works backward to justify it.
            ----------------

Love Florio or hate him, I think this post is well-written and argued.
            ~

Comment

• Can't believe I'd ever find myself cheering Florio for saying something that hardly anyone else with his platform would deign to consider.

Say what you will of standards of proof in a criminal case compared to a private investigation, the contradictions of the affidavits and the NFL's clear incentive to "send a message" after botching Rice, Brown, etc cannot be ignored.

Why they would want to defame one of their biggest stars, I don't know, but they've already done that with Brady, they already made millions off Zeke last year while the investigation was 'ongoing', they might feel there's more RBs on the come up after a 5-to-8-ish year drought without many star backs, that sort of thing. And Mara's dong is clearly up Gooddell's rear

Comment

• We've been invaded by streaming bots.

I'm not sure of anything that's going on in the NFL FO. My guess is mostly that Goodell was pressured by a good amount of owners to slap the standard 6 week suspension for DV onto Zeke despite not doing so for other players recently, like Josh Brown. Meant to seem like a strict, no-questions asked declaration condemning DV, despite the very questionable nature of the suit.

Comment

• My theory, and one I'm going to stick with, is that Dallas has made some very questionable personnel decisions from Gregory to Hardy to Lawrence and on and on. So, this is just a part of saying knock it off before we come in and start taking draft picks.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I think they're just trying to use Elliott as an example to try and make up for Ray Rice/show the public that they've changed.

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Injustice is what we can expect since the CBA allows Goodell to hand out punitive sentences as he sees fit, regardless of guilt, or validity of the claim, for whatever duration he desires. Pacman arrested for the 10th time? One game. Zeke falsely accused by a liar? Six.

Also, Bills are now trying to out tank the Jets.
                    http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/pos...anked-by-bills

Johnny's real identity is Rich Cimini, apparently.

Comment

• Holy **** are the Dolphag announcers bad.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Lions probably lost Kerry Hyder for the year to a torn Achiles. Ansah has been gimpy and the depth on the DL was already spotty so that sucks.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• So, apparently the Colts O-line still blows. Who would have guessed?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Hyder is for sure gone. Brandon Copeland is also having season ending surgery for a torn pectoral. Copeland is listed as a LB, but he is actually a DE. So here is the list of DEs on the Lions that are healthy enough to play, aren't suspended, and have played at least 1 snap in an NFL game at any position. ... Anthony Zettel.

The Lions desperately need Ansah and Cornelius Washington to get and stay healthy now.

Edit: Another odd thing, the Lions backup punter, Kasey Redfern, has looked pretty good with Sam Martin out on the NFI list. Unless Martin is in worse shape than I think Redfern could be one of those late preseason pickups for a team lacking at punter. Hopefully there are a couple teams and somebody gives up a 7th for him or a swap for a mediocre DE they were going to cut.
                            Last edited by kirmie; 08-15-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• I think I liked Zettel as a rotational guy coming out of school. That's gotta count for something!
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Lions posted a snap chat/instagram (I forget which) of a player in a red non contact jersey running through two guys who hit him with pads and the comment "(guy running image) through the contact". I think I now understand why the Lions have injury issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X