• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DingoLad View Post

I hope you like your crowell done.
    Bruh
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Mayock's top 5 rankings by position: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ition-rankings
      sigpic

Comment

Blair Walsh signed with Seattle

​​​I am not a fan of this

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Mayock's top 5 rankings by position: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ition-rankings
          I'm guessing Team Cam Robinson isn't happy being ranked the 2nd best interior O.L. in the draft.
          ~

Comment

Jabrill Peppers invited to the Combine as a linebacker, lol. The only possible reason I can see for this is that teams don't feel he can cover well enough to stick at safety. Weigh-in will be big for him.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
              Jabrill Peppers invited to the Combine as a linebacker, lol. The only possible reason I can see for this is that teams don't feel he can cover well enough to stick at safety. Weigh-in will be big for him.
              How much does he need to weigh, and will he lose speed by doing so?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

How much does he need to weigh, and will he lose speed by doing so?
                Skinniest true linebacker in the league is Deion Jones at 222 lbs. Peppers would need to put on at least 15 lbs from his listed weight just to match that.

I guess he could go the Mark Barron/Deone Bucannon route as a tweener, but neither of those guys has been better than average at linebacker for more than a season apiece. They were also way, way better coverage players in college than Peppers ever was.

Blue is right

Comment

I'd be surprised if Peppers really tries out as a linebacker. He has decent size for a safety, but way too small for a linebacker.

Comment

Pats leaking through Ed Werder that they aren't going to trade Garoppolo. They must not be happy with the second-round pick offers teams have been making.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                      I'd be surprised if Peppers really tries out as a linebacker. He has decent size for a safety, but way too small for a linebacker.
                      I'm pretty confident that all of this news is based on a list that was put up and then pulled the next day. It may have been a list that simply had the players by what they were listed as in college rather than what they will do at the combine. It wouldn't surprise me if he was in the LB group, but Blue is definitely underrating his coverage if he thinks Mark Barron was better, let alone "way, way better".
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Pats leaking through Ed Werder that they aren't going to trade Garoppolo. They must not be happy with the second-round pick offers teams have been making.
                        They can afford to be patient. Someone will get desperate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmie View Post

I'm pretty confident that all of this news is based on a list that was put up and then pulled the next day. It may have been a list that simply had the players by what they were listed as in college rather than what they will do at the combine. It wouldn't surprise me if he was in the LB group, but Blue is definitely underrating his coverage if he thinks Mark Barron was better, let alone "way, way better".
                          Peppers is terrible in coverage. He has zero feel and his only career interception came as a junior on a freak play. He only had one other pass breakup as a junior.

For comparison, Mark Barron had 12 interceptions in three years as a starter, including 7 as a sophomore.

Blue is right

Comment

He'll be another Taylor Mays

Comment

Peppers is terrible in coverage. He has zero feel and his only career interception came as a junior on a freak play. He only had one other pass breakup as a junior.

For comparison, Mark Barron had 12 interceptions in three years as a starter, including 7 as a sophomore.
                              Lets compare their last two seasons then (since Barron played in 25 more games overall).

Peppers: 80 solo tackles, 111 total, 18.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 11 PD
                              Barron: 93 solo tackles, 143 total, 8 TFL, 3 sacks, 5 INT, 11 PD

The only real difference is that Peppers was a lot more downhill while Barron was better/had more chances at picking off the ball and got in on more tackles past the LoS. Well, that and the fact that Peppers also played the other side of the ball some, returned kicks and punts, and spent as much time playing man in the slot as he did in zone. Dude was overloaded in college, which may make it easier for him to pickup a smaller role in the NFL instead of the normal rookie overload.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Lets compare their last two seasons then (since Barron played in 25 more games overall).

Peppers: 80 solo tackles, 111 total, 18.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 11 PD
                                Barron: 93 solo tackles, 143 total, 8 TFL, 3 sacks, 5 INT, 11 PD

The only real difference is that Peppers was a lot more downhill while Barron was better/had more chances at picking off the ball and got in on more tackles past the LoS. Well, that and the fact that Peppers also played the other side of the ball some, returned kicks and punts, and spent as much time playing man in the slot as he did in zone. Dude was overloaded in college, which may make it easier for him to pickup a smaller role in the NFL instead of the normal rookie overload.
                                Peppers was used more moving downhill because he couldn't cover. Nobody is asking a good cover safety to move to linebacker at any level of football. And don't forget he was originally recruited as a cornerback.

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                                X