This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I saw that. Damn, they fell off a cliff. I like how some folks are trying to build up Georgia as a potential Bama slayer now. As if they wouldn't lose by 20.
    Their DC, who used to be at Wisc, said that compared to the guys he used to get up there he basically has to teach these kids how to play football. I think that tells you all you need to know.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Their DC, who used to be at Wisc, said that compared to the guys he used to get up there he basically has to teach these kids how to play football. I think that tells you all you need to know.
      Ouch. The opposite of what he got at Wisconsin, where they build teams with fundamentally sound, nasty farm kids who love to hit.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Ouch. The opposite of what he got at Wisconsin, where they build teams with fundamentally sound, nasty farm kids who love to hit.
        In good news, we did bring in three behemoth freshmen on the O-line. All of them 320+, and it looks like we might just have a competent QB.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Annnnnnnnnnd Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fractured back! Nice job, Raiders O-line.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Annnnnnnnnnd Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks with a fractured back! Nice job, Raiders O-line.
            There were a lot of serious injuries yesterday. For instance, Markus Golden gone for the season.
            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

There were a lot of serious injuries yesterday. For instance, Markus Golden gone for the season.
              ~
              Seems like it. Just a lot of injuries in general.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Seems like it. Just a lot of injuries in general.
                That's the NFL in a nutshell at this point. Having a healthy team late is often enough for a deep playoff run.
                sigpic

Comment

• Just kidding. I'm done betting Cleveland. The Browns have absolutely broken me over the past year-and-a-half, and I've finally learned my lesson. I'm never betting this team again until they show me that they can be consistently competitive.
                  Walter, trying to find the light.
                  ~

Comment

• Apparently Dean Blandino is a big fan of "Vernon's". Probably not a good idea to mispronounce Vernor's when trying to convince people you like Michigan. Then again, its just NFL refs blowing it when it comes to Detroit again.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      Apparently Dean Blandino is a big fan of "Vernon's". Probably not a good idea to mispronounce Vernor's when trying to convince people you like Michigan. Then again, its just NFL refs blowing it when it comes to Detroit again.
                      Don't know what that is, chief. A steakhouse mebbe?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Don't know what that is, chief. A steakhouse mebbe?
                        Vernor's is the oldest brand of pop in the USA that originated in Detroit. It's a ginger ale. I had no idea it was a Michigan thing until I hit college. I thought it was simply the most popular brand of ginger ale around because it was pretty much the only one people bought in my area.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• *soda
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Walter was told that years ago and in person. The team is a minor league at best team playing in the big leagues.

plus add in the dysfunction, factory of sadness, historical anazingness of the losing every year and 30 QBs in 12 years. List keeps growing.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                            I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Vernor's is the oldest brand of pop in the USA that originated in Detroit. It's a ginger ale. I had no idea it was a Michigan thing until I hit college. I thought it was simply the most popular brand of ginger ale around because it was pretty much the only one people bought in my area.
                              I love Vernors
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Looking forward to Bama driving a spike through Kevin Sumlin's tenure at A&M today.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X