This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    Son of a... Ngata to IR. The Lions also picked Caraun Reid back up.
    That doesn't make me feel too warm and fuzzy about Walter's Lions +5 1/2 pick vs. the Brees in the Superdome.
    ~

Comment

• The Cowboys' biggest 2017 free agent acquisition, Nolan Carroll, was released today. Their 2nd biggest, Stephen Paea, announced his retired. The team held a meeting over Jerry Jones' comments about the protests where the players aired out their grievances, and the coaches essentially told the that they're all at the mercy of Jerry. The courts are expected to announce their decision on Ezekiel Elliott's suspension in the next few hours/days.

#thisisfine
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Meanwhile, in the Meadowlands...
        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
          Meanwhile, in the Meadowlands...
          ~
          Dumping Coughlin was a GREAT move!
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

That doesn't make me feel too warm and fuzzy about Walter's Lions +5 1/2 pick vs. the Brees in the Superdome.
            ~
            If it makes you feel better, Jones is weighing around 300 lbs and Reid actually started 12 games for the Lions in 2015 so he should have some familiarity. Golladay may be back this weekend, but I expect the Lions to take it slow with him since next week is a bye.

Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
            The Cowboys' biggest 2017 free agent acquisition, Nolan Carroll, was released today. Their 2nd biggest, Stephen Paea, announced his retired. The team held a meeting over Jerry Jones' comments about the protests where the players aired out their grievances, and the coaches essentially told the that they're all at the mercy of Jerry. The courts are expected to announce their decision on Ezekiel Elliott's suspension in the next few hours/days.

#thisisfine
            Ouch. Paea surprised me. For whatever reason I thought he was a few years younger than he is. Carrol is surprising because you'd think they at least keep him for backup duties if they didn't want to start him. Not as surprised with Jourdan Lewis forcing his way onto the filed though. I liked Martha Firestone Ford's solution to the protesting. She told the players if everybody stands she will throw both her name and money behind causes they want to support so they can find other solutions.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
              The Cowboys' biggest 2017 free agent acquisition, Nolan Carroll, was released today. Their 2nd biggest, Stephen Paea, announced his retired. The team held a meeting over Jerry Jones' comments about the protests where the players aired out their grievances, and the coaches essentially told the that they're all at the mercy of Jerry. The courts are expected to announce their decision on Ezekiel Elliott's suspension in the next few hours/days.

#thisisfine
              Lockout incoming.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, Jones is weighing around 300 lbs and Reid actually started 12 games for the Lions in 2015 so he should have some familiarity. Golladay may be back this weekend, but I expect the Lions to take it slow with him since next week is a bye.

Ouch. Paea surprised me. For whatever reason I thought he was a few years younger than he is. Carrol is surprising because you'd think they at least keep him for backup duties if they didn't want to start him. Not as surprised with Jourdan Lewis forcing his way onto the filed though. I liked Martha Firestone Ford's solution to the protesting. She told the players if everybody stands she will throw both her name and money behind causes they want to support so they can find other solutions.
                Really? How young did you think Paea was? I mean, he hasn't been in the league all that long anyway.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Really? How young did you think Paea was? I mean, he hasn't been in the league all that long anyway.
                  Thought he was the back half of 26 or 27. Which seemed a little early to be retiring since those are prime years for most players. 29 is at least the back end of your prime so it made more sense after that. Speaking of retirement, I wouldn't be surprised if Ngata hangs it up after this season. He had surgery for his injury this week.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Court ruled in NFL's favor, per twitter.
                    ~

Comment

Thought he was the back half of 26 or 27. Which seemed a little early to be retiring since those are prime years for most players. 29 is at least the back end of your prime so it made more sense after that. Speaking of retirement, I wouldn't be surprised if Ngata hangs it up after this season. He had surgery for his injury this week.
                      Well, seems like DT just moved up the Cowboys' draft list. Da'ron Payne would look pretty good with a star on his helmet. No homo.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Court ruled in NFL's favor, per twitter.
                        ~
                        Yup. To my knowledge that doesn't mean he's immediately suspended, but it's only a matter of time with the case shifting to New York, aka Goodell and the NFL's home field.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Well, seems like DT just moved up the Cowboys' draft list. Da'ron Payne would look pretty good with a star on his helmet. No homo.
                        You would figure, considering our total lack of lane integrity/POA strength against the run. But Marinelli refuses to draft 1-techniques before Round 7, and I don't think there's much of a point of another 3-tech as long as we've got Irving and Collins. We'll probably just take another OL or DB if there's no shakeup in the FO/coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Yup. To my knowledge that doesn't mean he's immediately suspended, but it's only a matter of time with the case shifting to New York, aka Goodell and the NFL's home field.

You would figure, considering our total lack of lane integrity/POA strength against the run. But Marinelli refuses to draft 1-techniques before Round 7, and I don't think there's much of a point of another 3-tech as long as we've got Irving and Collins. We'll probably just take another OL or DB if there's no shakeup in the FO/coaching staff.
                          Marinelli has a serious dislike of using high picks on 1 techs. That said, there is zero guarantee Irving is back next year. From what I understand, he's a bit of a train wreck and Jerry may not want to let his penchant for wayward youth end up derailing this potential championship run. If I'm a betting man, my money is on another DE in the first, though. I'm thinking Bradley Chubb or Sam Hubbard. I also won't be surprised to see that NT from Texas end up in Dallas if he's available in the 2nd or later. There's also the possibility of moving Collins to 1 and drafting a guy like Mo Hurst to play 3, who seems like a perfect Marinelli DT.

The best Cowboy fans can hope for with Zeke is the team runs him into the ground and drafts a new back in two years.
                          Last edited by Castiron; 10-12-2017, 05:18 PM.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Texas A&M reportedly wants to make a run at James Franklin if/when Sumlin is fired. I'd rather they didn't.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                              Texas A&M reportedly wants to make a run at James Franklin if/when Sumlin is fired. I'd rather they didn't.
                              Sumlin has to go. But, if I were Franklin, I wouldn't want that job unless the cult of Paterno is still ****ing things up in Happy Valley.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Marinelli has a serious dislike of using high picks on 1 techs. That said, there is zero guarantee Irving is back next year. From what I understand, he's a bit of a train wreck and Jerry may not want to let his penchant for wayward youth end up derailing this potential championship run. If I'm a betting man, my money is on another DE in the first, though. I'm thinking Bradley Chubb or Sam Hubbard. I also won't be surprised to see that NT from Texas end up in Dallas if he's available in the 2nd or later. There's also the possibility of moving Collins to 1 and drafting a guy like Mo Hurst to play 3, who seems like a perfect Marinelli DT.

The best Cowboy fans can hope for with Zeke is the team runs him into the ground and drafts a new back in two years.
                                Irving is an RFA after this year. He'll most likely play out 2018 on that tag as Lawrence plays on the franchise tag. Dunno if either stays with the team past next year. Gotta lock in those 2020 comp picks, gotta keep paying Tyrone Crawford to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X