Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    He'll be another Taylor Mays
    Taylor Mays actually had the size to play LB if he wanted to though. He was 6'3 230 lbs, with room to add weight. He just sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Peppers was used more moving downhill because he couldn't cover. Nobody is asking a good cover safety to move to linebacker at any level of football.
      Peppers played over 200 snaps or a total 726 defensive snaps as the slot CB. So Peppers played over 27.5% of his snaps in the slot. Which was enough that PFF made him the All-B1G slot corner for 2016. Most of the receptions I've seen Peppers give up were in zone where he is a step slow with a guy underneath and too aggressive towards the run. Peppers was much more aggressive toward the run in 2016 that 2015 because Don Brown taught him to be looking in the backfield all the time. He is generally better in man coverage and he should have stayed another year to get better at recognition in zone.

BTW, I'm not arguing that he is a good cover guy or anything. Just arguing against your statement that Barron is better because he had more interceptions and that Peppers can't cover because he was moved to "LB". I also wasn't a fan of Barron's coverage ability in college, so I'm probably using a lower benchmark for comparison than you to boot.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Rumors are Dolphins are about to make a trade for an elite CB. 2 names floating around are Richard Sherman and Aquib Talib. Branden Albert will be one of the players traded
        Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Comment

I could see Talib maybe moving, but I'm not sure Seattle will let Sherman go. He's the spiritual liege of that defense.

Also, Darrelle Revis just got arrested for an altercation in Pittsburgh, got injured, but charged with 4 felonies, and a misdemeanor that will probably be thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
            Rumors are Dolphins are about to make a trade for an elite CB. 2 names floating around are Richard Sherman and Aquib Talib. Branden Albert will be one of the players traded
            b.s Brandon Albert has zero trade value to any team since they know the dolphins will ultimately cut him.

Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

I could see Sherman being traded. He'll be 29 in a month or so. That's what, 3, 4 more yearsof high level play?

Comment

I could see Sherman being traded. He'll be 29 in a month or so. That's what, 3, 4 more yearsof high level play?
                So why would the Seahawks move a guy with 3 or 4 years of high level play left?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Peppers played over 200 snaps or a total 726 defensive snaps as the slot CB. So Peppers played over 27.5% of his snaps in the slot. Which was enough that PFF made him the All-B1G slot corner for 2016. Most of the receptions I've seen Peppers give up were in zone where he is a step slow with a guy underneath and too aggressive towards the run. Peppers was much more aggressive toward the run in 2016 that 2015 because Don Brown taught him to be looking in the backfield all the time. He is generally better in man coverage and he should have stayed another year to get better at recognition in zone.

BTW, I'm not arguing that he is a good cover guy or anything. Just arguing against your statement that Barron is better because he had more interceptions and that Peppers can't cover because he was moved to "LB". I also wasn't a fan of Barron's coverage ability in college, so I'm probably using a lower benchmark for comparison than you to boot.
                  Not what I saw from him. I thought he was awful in man and got away with bad coverage because he's a better athlete than they guys he played against.

I repeat: no one is moving a decent cover player to linebacker. Make whatever excuses you want for it, coverage ability is more important and more rare than a guy who can rush the quarterback from the slot. Unless you think Jim Harbaugh is an idiot, Peppers went from a cornerback to a linebacker in three years because he can't cover at a high level. You're probably right that we have different opinions on Barron's college coverage ability, though, and he certainly hasn't been great in that area as a pro.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  Blue is right

Comment

Dolphins did not cut Branden Albert due to a team calling with a trade offer. Rumors are its for an elite CB. the teams mentioned are Broncos, Seahawks, and Vikings. I doubt Vikings get rid of one of there young CBs for an aged LT. Im sure this is a package deal

Comment

• Originally posted by JLash View Post

So why would the Seahawks move a guy with 3 or 4 years of high level play left?
                      Really good offer? I never rule anything out anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                        Dolphins did not cut Branden Albert due to a team calling with a trade offer. Rumors are its for an elite CB. the teams mentioned are Broncos, Seahawks, and Vikings. I doubt Vikings get rid of one of there young CBs for an aged LT. Im sure this is a package deal
                        Well after what Rhodes pulled in that one game you never know. This is Rick's last year if they don't make the playoffs

Comment

• EDIT: Nvm.

Pryor did tweet an exclamation, so we may be hearing news of a signed extension soon.
                          Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 02-17-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Now they say Jaguars are interested in Albert. That makes me think Julius Thomas. Dolphins have a need at TE and Thomas and Gase were good in Denver

Comment

• Thomas for Albert type of trade would be good imo. Wasn't a fan of Alonzo and Maxwell last year and that turned out going really well.

Well after what Rhodes pulled in that one game you never know. This is Rick's last year if they don't make the playoffs
                              Dolphins would be doing some high way robbery if they got Xavier Rhodes. He's about to get paid.

Comment

• I'm on my off day. My brothers stole the car I was going to work on. All I've done is piss off all the patriot fans on reddit saying I think giving the #52 and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2018 is a fair deal for Galapagos.

Good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X