Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans negotiating an extension with Mularkey. Not great long term, but firing a coach after going to the divisional round of the playoffs and dominating the AFC South wouldn't exactly make the job more desirable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

They need to fire Tomlin more than anything. But they won't, and I think Butler is a definite upgrade over Lebeau.
      Who would they replace Tomlin with that would be a certain upgrade? That's a question that I don't have the answer to. And it's tough to justify firing a coach after a 13 win season. That usually doesn't work too well.

Lebeau to Butler was a very slight upgrade. The only upgrade is that Butler will play talented young players over older guys who have clearly lost a step. But it's not anywhere near good enough.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Who would they replace Tomlin with that would be a certain upgrade? That's a question that I don't have the answer to. And it's tough to justify firing a coach after a 13 win season. That usually doesn't work too well.

Lebeau to Butler was a very slight upgrade. The only upgrade is that Butler will play talented young players over older guys who have clearly lost a step. But it's not anywhere near good enough.
        Oh, I don't have a coach to replace him in mind. I just think he's worn out his usefulness. I also think he is what is keeping Butler from stepping out from Lebeau's shadow more.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I don't remember the last time I've been this completely happy after a day of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
            I don't remember the last time I've been this completely happy after a day of football.
            Just because of the Steelers getting beaten?

I mean, it was to the Jags, which is pretty bad.

Comment

• Tennessee and Mularkey part ways after not being able to come to an extension.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                Titans negotiating an extension with Mularkey. Not great long term, but firing a coach after going to the divisional round of the playoffs and dominating the AFC South wouldn't exactly make the job more desirable.
                Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Tennessee and Mularkey part ways after not being able to come to an extension.
                Whoops. Apparently the front office wanted Robiskie out at OC and Mularkey wasn't willing to make that happen.

Comment

Whoops. Apparently the front office wanted Robiskie out at OC and Mularkey wasn't willing to make that happen.
                  I like Mularkey, but am conflicted about this. Will need more info before deciding on my ridiculously strident position regarding the subject.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Just because of the Steelers getting beaten?

I mean, it was to the Jags, which is pretty bad.
                    Partially. I want the Jags to go all the way and hoist the Lombardi, but the MIN v NO game was superb and we got to see something amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

Partially. I want the Jags to go all the way and hoist the Lombardi, but the MIN v NO game was superb and we got to see something amazing.
                      I have friends/relatives who like both Minny and NO, so I'll have to root for MIN from here on.
                      ~

Comment

• Josh McDaniels is rumored to go to Indy, Pat Shurmur rumored to go to the Giants.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Alabama LB Mekhi Brown transfers to Tennessee State. He was the guy that got into with coaches on the sideline.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            Alabama LB Mekhi Brown transfers to Tennessee State. He was the guy that got into with coaches on the sideline.
                            I'm not surprised. Saban probably told him to gtfo.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I am, however, surprised that Bryce Love is returning to Stanford.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• And Wilkins returning to Clemson. Wow.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X