No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this Barkley at 1/Best QB left at 4 stuff is nuts. Like Daniel said, it's basically admitting you have no idea who'll be the best and you're good settling for the 2nd or 3rd (probably 3rd) one drafted. It's the most public concession possible that the draft is a crapshoot, which may well be true but is a total slap in the face to hundreds of your employees. That or it's saying you still think RBs and QBs are of equal value, which, I mean, ok then.

If anything I would just double down on their approach of ignoring QB in the Top 5 entirely and loading up the rest of the roster- i.e., Barkley 1, Fitzpatrick/Chubb 4 (or better yet, Chubb 1, Fitzpatrick 4, Guice/Jones at the top of the 2nd). That hasn't been working for them, either, but with all that cap room and all those draft picks, it would be statistically unlikely for them to not eventually get much better.

I mean I guess it would sort of be copying what Dallas did with Zeke and Dak, and that worked for pretty good for a year, but, dear god are we far from a model franchise lol
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Alright, yall have a fair point that the Browns FO doesn't have a great track record. Which I get, but if that's the issue, the GM needs to be cleaning house ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        Alright, yall have a fair point that the Browns FO doesn't have a great track record. Which I get, but if that's the issue, the GM needs to be cleaning house ASAP.
        That house has been cleaned so many times that it should be spotless. But they just keep filling it with garbage.
        sigpic

Comment

• The Rams are really cleaning house.

Comment

• ****ing eagles

lol giants

Comment

• Apparently the Lions are listening to trade offers on Ebron and Suntan Man said a TE could be in play at 20... that would be the THIRD TE the Lions would have drafted in the top 20 since 2009 and, assuming no other TEs go in the 1st round, the 8th total TE picked in the 1st round in that same time period. Zero chance that happens.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

That house has been cleaned so many times that it should be spotless. But they just keep filling it with garbage.
              It depends on how well they cleaned. The Lions changed out the main FO and the coaches plenty of times in my life, but in 2016 they still had scouts who were around well before Millen was hired. Some of those guys who's names you don't hear about can stick around through the mass firings. After a so many times where the team fails scouting overall you need to make sure those guys are changed jut for the fresh start. Even if they have a good track record.

I know one of them was evenon the payroll when Barry was stuck behind Thurman Thomas. Dude worked for them for 29 years. I tried to see if he ended up getting a new job after, but his name is Scott McEwen which is the same as the Eagle Scout who wrote American Sniper so Googling "Scott McEwen scout" doesn't go too well.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Aaaaand here's the annual "teams ask players really stupid and inappropriate questions" story. Starring Darrius Guice! https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ine-interview/

Seriously, what's the point of these questions? NFL people are weird.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                  Aaaaand here's the annual "teams ask players really stupid and inappropriate questions" story. Starring Darrius Guice! https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ine-interview/

I think the point is to fluster the player so they get more accurate answers out of them instead of practiced, canned responses. It can also gauge how they would react when some crazy reporter or fan asks them a ridiculous question. If you can't respectfully answer a crazy question that offends you when you are on you best behavior because you want a job then you are even less likely to do so at other times. I understand those aspects and why a team would want to do this, but at the same time I would also understand if they made some of them not allowed because of the laws for job interviews.

Basically it boils down to the fact that you would likely need to know a particular assignment better to quickly answer a question about it correctly after somebody asks you if you've ever blown a giraffe because the first question would throw you off your game. The offensive questions likely do a better job of throwing people off than asking weird questions about math or 13th century literature.

Edit: If the people asking actually want to know the answer to the weird questions then I have no idea why they are asking the questions. No team should care if a player likes men, women, ... or giraffes. If the players have issues with it then not knowing means they don't know there is a problem, so why ask and let them know to begin with?
                  Last edited by kirmie; 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    Aaaaand here's the annual "teams ask players really stupid and inappropriate questions" story. Starring Darrius Guice! https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ine-interview/

That's absolutely disgusting that a team would ask that.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Didn't know the Giants traded for Alec Ogletree. Hey, they finally got a guy that can play LB.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                        Didn't know the Giants traded for Alec Ogletree. Hey, they finally got a guy that can play LB.
                        By "play", I assume you mean "line up at"?

Comment

• The Rams may be really good next year provided the wheels don't come off of Goff.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Richard Sherman "officially" being released. Not sure if this saves the Seahawks as much money as some people say since there is no way he passes medical checks right now after rupturing his Achilles. Terrible time for him to be a free agent because of the injury as well.

Comment

• The Seahawks are ripping it all down and starting over, but they better get some help for Ruskel.. They'll be in deep kimchi if he gets destroyed.
                              ~

Comment

• Titans releasing Demarco Murray, Matt Cassel, Eric Weems, and DaNorris Searcy. Looks like they're gonna go for some big name free agents.

Comment

Working...
                                X