2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Titans releasing Demarco Murray, Matt Cassel, Eric Weems, and DaNorris Searcy. Looks like they're gonna go for some big name free agents.
    I guess it's a good year to be a mediocre free agent. There's not many good ones out there to soak up all the available cash, are there?
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I guess it's a good year to be a mediocre free agent. There's not many good ones out there to soak up all the available cash, are there?
      ~
      Indeed. There are a lot of capable starters, but not many stars (outside of the huge number of 35+ year old former studs).

Comment

• Jarvis Landry to the Browns. Poor guy.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Jarvis Landry to the Browns. Poor guy.
          Browns are on their way to buying a great team... if they can get somebody to be their QB and not suck.
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

I still like the Browns picking Barkley and then a QB. That QB will have a good OL, 3 wideouts to throw to, and a frickin' superstar running the ball. A nice way to get started in the NFL.

But as a guy who's been to both Miami and Cleveland, yeah. Jarvis is in for some adjustment.
            ~

Comment

• Browns are making moves.

Comment

• Bills, too. Looks like they really want to make a move in the 1st round.
                ~

Comment

Sherman to the Steelers maybe? And I was expecting Landry to the Ravens. What did Cleve give up for him?
                  Last edited by Castiron; 03-09-2018, 08:27 PM.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

By "play", I assume you mean "line up at"?
                    Ogletree can play pretty well. Certainly compared to what the Giants have, and I think he can fit Bettchers defense.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      Bills, too. Looks like they really want to make a move in the 1st round.
                      ~
                      Colts definitely want to trade down. Giants might too if Cleveland does grab Saquon.

Comment

• Damn. Cleveland is wheeling and dealing.
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Sherman to the Steelers maybe? And I was expecting Landry to the Ravens. What did Cleve give up for him?
                          Not unless he moves to S. Pittsburgh's pretty happy with Haden/Burns/Hilton. Plus, I don't think Sherm fits exactly what they want to do. Whatever that is nowadays.

I want to believe in Cleve, but past experiences give me pause. They gave up two picks, this year's 4th and next year's 7th. A good deal for them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not unless he moves to S. Pittsburgh's pretty happy with Haden/Burns/Hilton. Plus, I don't think Sherm fits exactly what they want to do. Whatever that is nowadays.

I want to believe in Cleve, but past experiences give me pause. They gave up two picks, this year's 4th and next year's 7th. A good deal for them.
                            Very good deal or Cleve. I disagree that Pitt is happy with there corners after Lil Art came out and said they needed guys that can play press man. Plus, I think Haden is at the end of the line. Could be wrong, just my perspective.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Very good deal or Cleve. I disagree that Pitt is happy with there corners after Lil Art came out and said they needed guys that can play press man. Plus, I think Haden is at the end of the line. Could be wrong, just my perspective.
                              Safety and LB have been recognized as bigger needs this year. The safety play was well documented garbage with Mitchell expected to be released any moment and rumored possibilities that Davis could be moved to FS. Shazier has been ruled out for this year, so they will need another ILB. They aren't happy with Bud either, but that may go on the back burner depending on how the draft pans out.

After that, they are looking at RB in case of Bell shenanigans and QB in case one falls to them. Probably will go after Bryant's replacement with a mid to late round pick. TE, too, as the quest to upgrade JJ continues. Hopefully Vance stays healthy.
                              ​​​​​​
                              sigpic

Comment

• Pats are getting Shelton.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X