Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Pats are getting Shelton.
    Danny Shelton and a 5th round pick in '18 for the Patriots' 3rd round pick in 19.

Seems good for the Pats, although I see Walter pointing out Larry Ogunjobi as the reason the Browns did it.
    ~

Comment

Pats are getting Shelton.
      Danny Shelton???? That's one of my guys! Fml.

Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Safety and LB have been recognized as bigger needs this year. The safety play was well documented garbage with Mitchell expected to be released any moment and rumored possibilities that Davis could be moved to FS. Shazier has been ruled out for this year, so they will need another ILB. They aren't happy with Bud either, but that may go on the back burner depending on how the draft pans out.

After that, they are looking at RB in case of Bell shenanigans and QB in case one falls to them. Probably will go after Bryant's replacement with a mid to late round pick. TE, too, as the quest to upgrade JJ continues. Hopefully Vance stays healthy.
        ​​​​​​
        I don't disagree with any of that. Well, I doubt they move to protect themselves with Bell, and I think they're too arrogant to admit Dupree was drafted a round or two higher than he should have been. I'm just saying, signing Sherman would make sense if Art is going to insist (finally) on more man coverage.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't disagree with any of that. Well, I doubt they move to protect themselves with Bell, and I think they're too arrogant to admit Dupree was drafted a round or two higher than he should have been. I'm just saying, signing Sherman would make sense if Art is going to insist (finally) on more man coverage.
          Haven't heard anything about man coverage so far this off-season. I guess because the Pats weren't the issue last year; after all, they had all but beaten them (stupid catch rule). The problem was that they couldn't stop the run and gave up big plays like they were going out of style. Better believe other teams have that on film.
          sigpic

Comment

• Boy do I just love watching a Top 5 run stuffer in the league get dumped for a pick swap while my team twiddles their ****ing thumbs as the clock ticks on Dak's $700k/yr contract.
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
              Boy do I just love watching a Top 5 run stuffer in the league get dumped for a pick swap while my team twiddles their ****ing thumbs as the clock ticks on Dak's $700k/yr contract.
              I'd love it Pittsburgh got this done. A rotation of him and Hargrave would have been swell. It's like an unwritten rule to not do this stuff with a division rival though. That and the Steelers are more into athleticism nowadays.

Sherman to the Niners.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd love it Pittsburgh got this done. A rotation of him and Hargrave would have been swell. It's like an unwritten rule to not do this stuff with a division rival though. That and the Steelers are more into athleticism nowadays.

Sherman to the Niners.
                I know it's been a while, but your team does have two rings with Ben. Mine's gonna waste their incredible stroke of luck at QB they got for nothing for the second time in a row. Delightful.

Comment

I know it's been a while, but your team does have two rings with Ben. Mine's gonna waste their incredible stroke of luck at QB they got for nothing for the second time in a row. Delightful.
                  I was going to say "standards are high here" but they may be high in Dallas, too. Though it's been awhile.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was going to say "standards are high here" but they may be high in Dallas, too. Though it's been awhile.
                    One would hope, but they seem to prefer to cry about their lack of cap space instead of cut/restructure/extend any of the 15 or so guys that they could make money in doing so with.

Jerry has held on to Jason for so long out of pure stubbornness, and until something changes, Im inclined to believe that his son is basically the same with regards to wanting to be the Packers and build entirely through the draft. In the current climate of team-building, its beyond agonizing

Comment

One would hope, but they seem to prefer to cry about their lack of cap space instead of cut/restructure/extend any of the 15 or so guys that they could make money in doing so with.

Jerry has held on to Jason for so long out of pure stubbornness, and until something changes, Im inclined to believe that his son is basically the same with regards to wanting to be the Packers and build entirely through the draft. In the current climate of team-building, its beyond agonizing
                      Honestly, the Cowboys only have a few problems that I see

- Jerry seems to care more about the team being "Jerry's home for wayward youth" than he does about winning

- Marinara hates 1-techs

- too loyal to guys like Sean Lee and, frankly, Jason Witten. Lee needs to be gone now and just bring back Hitchens. This should be Witten's last year whether he likes it or not and they should be drafting his replacement, which they won't.

Oh, and teach Dak how to throw a damn back shoulder fade.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Honestly, the Cowboys only have a few problems that I see

- Jerry seems to care more about the team being "Jerry's home for wayward youth" than he does about winning

- Marinara hates 1-techs

- too loyal to guys like Sean Lee and, frankly, Jason Witten. Lee needs to be gone now and just bring back Hitchens. This should be Witten's last year whether he likes it or not and they should be drafting his replacement, which they won't.

Oh, and teach Dak how to throw a damn back shoulder fade.
                        Theyre so close, and do a lot of important things well. But they consistently misevaluate their own talent, which is the single worst attribute a sports franchise can have.

Crawford and Williams are set to nearly $14M combined against the cap. Neither is remotely qualified for the role they want them to play. Neither is going anywhere.

Marinelli gets a bad wrap for the nose tackle thing, but that predates him by decades. The last DT they took in the first two rounds was Russell Maryland. They played all 290 pounds of Jay fricking Ratliff at nose guard until he quit on the team.

And yeah, if Dak cant throw outside the numbers, this is all moot

Comment

Theyre so close, and do a lot of important things well. But they consistently misevaluate their own talent, which is the single worst attribute a sports franchise can have.

Crawford and Williams are set to nearly $14M combined against the cap. Neither is remotely qualified for the role they want them to play. Neither is going anywhere.

Marinelli gets a bad wrap for the nose tackle thing, but that predates him by decades. The last DT they took in the first two rounds was Russell Maryland. They played all 290 pounds of Jay fricking Ratliff at nose guard until he quit on the team.

And yeah, if Dak cant throw outside the numbers, this is all moot
                          So who are some of the guys at the top of your draft board for the 'boys? Mo Hurst's heart has messed me all up.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So who are some of the guys at the top of your draft board for the 'boys? Mo Hurst's heart has messed me all up.
                            My (current) guess is they trade up a few spots for Derwin, Roquan, or Edmunds. They never take DTs early, the WRs and DEs are meh, and I cant wrap my head around what would essentially be a 5th first round OL

Comment

My (current) guess is they trade up a few spots for Derwin, Roquan, or Edmunds. They never take DTs early, the WRs and DEs are meh, and I cant wrap my head around what would essentially be a 5th first round OL
                              On behalf of the Redskins, I take your offer and then draft Payne at 19.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

On behalf of the Redskins, I take your offer and then draft Payne at 19.
                                ~
                                Would be an awesome pick for the Redskins.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X