This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

My (current) guess is they trade up a few spots for Derwin, Roquan, or Edmunds. They never take DTs early, the WRs and DEs are meh, and I cant wrap my head around what would essentially be a 5th first round OL
    Dane Brugler is pounding the table for Calvin Ridley. We'll see what happens.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Dane Brugler is pounding the table for Calvin Ridley. We'll see what happens.
      Yeah theyre hammering WRs with their visits. I would prefer to get Ridley if we were to find a way to keep Dez than if we move on as I expect us to, though.
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Yeah theyre hammering WRs with their visits. I would prefer to get Ridley if we were to find a way to keep Dez than if we move on as I expect us to, though.
        I'm not as high on Ridley than most. I'd rather have DJ Moore or Gallup tbh. If they wanted to replace Dez, I'd be looking at Sutton or Lazzard myself.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Btw, Rams have some CBs now, huh? And I guess my Sherman to Pitt thing fell through pretty quickly.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Gallup's the guy I like the most relative to his draft range. Got a fair bit of good-Dez to his game- maybe some Roddy White too. i'm cool waiting to see who of him, Pettis, and Hamilton makes it to the 3rd before shooting my wad at that position though.

I feel like most teams can really only invest in 3 or 4 out of the 5 "money positions" (QB/OT/WR/DE/CB), and while DAL has the edge of cheap contracts at QB and CB, they have so many big ones at other spots that they need to scale it back at WR a bit. Releasing Dez and taking his replacement Round 1 (in this draft) is asinine to me. If you're gonna cut your losses there, then accept that you won't have great receivers and put your resources elsewhere. I digress.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Btw, Rams have some CBs now, huh? And I guess my Sherman to Pitt thing fell through pretty quickly.
            Yeah and still over $30M in cap. Guessing they'll keep Watkins on a one or two year deal.
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I can't believe Sherman was taken that quickly, but it is incentive laden enough to make some sense. I feel like they're wasting a few million bucks this year for next year.

The Lions have DeMarco Murray and Jonathan Stewart visiting today. That probably doesn't bode well for the currently signed Lions RBs.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like Suh is primed to get the boot now.

Edit 2: We are 10 entire minutes into tampering and so far the only news I've seen is that Sean Smith is going to jail for a year. C'mon NFL!
              Last edited by kirmie; 03-12-2018, 11:11 AM.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• A lot of the pre-FA madness happened last week. I get the feeling that we aren't done yet, though.
                sigpic

Comment

Gallup's the guy I like the most relative to his draft range. Got a fair bit of good-Dez to his game- maybe some Roddy White too. i'm cool waiting to see who of him, Pettis, and Hamilton makes it to the 3rd before shooting my wad at that position though.

I feel like most teams can really only invest in 3 or 4 out of the 5 "money positions" (QB/OT/WR/DE/CB), and while DAL has the edge of cheap contracts at QB and CB, they have so many big ones at other spots that they need to scale it back at WR a bit. Releasing Dez and taking his replacement Round 1 (in this draft) is asinine to me. If you're gonna cut your losses there, then accept that you won't have great receivers and put your resources elsewhere. I digress.
                  If they're really gonna drop Dez and not do a restructure (my bet), I'd rather they go out and sign Marquis Lee on a reasonable contract for 1-3 yrs than burn a 1st on WR. He's a vet that can run routes and get separation as opposed to being that prototypical big X like Dez. Which seems to be what Dak is more comfortable with.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Wow. Cleveland suddenly got a lot better.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Wow. Cleveland suddenly got a lot better.
                      Nuts. Nothing to have fun with unless I missed what happened. First Google made me seem some fake crazyness.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Nuts. Nothing to have fun with unless I missed what happened. First Google made me seem some fake crazyness.
                        Browns could seriously quadruple their win total of the past two years just with what they did so far.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Titans offered Avery Williamson a 4 year, $12 million contract that he turned down. That does seem crazy low. I imagine he's gone now, and linebacker just became a much bigger need.

Also, as of two days ago they were talking to the Browns about trading for Duke Johnson.

Comment

Browns could seriously quadruple their win total of the past two years just with what they did so far.
                            If you mean what they've done lately then yeah, I agree for sure. I got excited and thought you meant they made another move is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

If you mean what they've done lately then yeah, I agree for sure. I got excited and thought you meant they made another move is all.
                              I haven't been keeping up, so I was excited by these moves.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I see people (you know, the usual draftniks looking for clicks) seriously speculating about no QBs in the first 2 picks now. How crazy is that?
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X