2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    I see people (you know, the usual draftniks looking for clicks) seriously speculating about no QBs in the first 2 picks now. How crazy is that?
    ~
    I don't know. If the Browns take Saquon first, then it's hard for me to see the Giants taking Chubb over trading down. Teams will want in front of Cleveland at 4, and Cleveland may want to leapfrog them, so if they do take Saquon, it's hard for me to imagine no one trading up for whichever QB they want, especially with the Giants having needs elsewhere.

Comment

• With Randall going to the Browns and Scandrick soon to be on the move, anybody else see GB as a likely landing spot? Pettine needs smart, experienced guys in his secondary, and loves him some corners.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Miami Dolphins: Old people usually go to Florida to retire, so perhaps Adrian Peterson will follow that trend.
        Mean Walter is mean.
        ~

Comment

• Titans tender Logan Spain. A little surprising since he pretty much tweeted that he's going elsewhere.

Comment

• Cordy Glenn traded to Bengals.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• That Bills/Bengals trade is interesting. Even if only considering how the compensation stacks up.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Mean Walter is mean.
              ~
              lol They also go to Arizona because it's a dry heat.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

I see people (you know, the usual draftniks looking for clicks) seriously speculating about no QBs in the first 2 picks now. How crazy is that?
                ~
                Laughable. Brandon Beane's probably on the phone with Dave Gettleman as we speak
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

~
                  Yeah...I expect those 5 guys to go fairly quickly.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I expect Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen to go quick. Allen and Jackson are wildcards to me.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Schefter says Zack Martin is very happy about this:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter3h3 hours ago

Former Panthers' G Andrew Norwell intends to sign with the Jaguars on a 5-year deal for $66.5 million, including $30M fully guaranteed, source tells ESPN. He is going to become NFL's highest paid guard - $13.3 million average.
                      ~

Comment

• Every team but the Chiefs that had contacted Sammy Watkins' agent when they heard what the Chiefs were offering:

Comment

Schefter says Zack Martin is very happy about this:

~
                          We could've signed Martin last offseason, but didn't want to make him the highest paid OL on the team over Tyron in terms of AAV.

We're retarded

Comment

Schefter says Zack Martin is very happy about this:
                            ~
                            That's a lot of dough for a guard. Isn't that about $1.3M more per year than Zeitler? That would make it over a 10% increase from the next highest OG.

Speaking of these large contracts, the Bears look like they are getting Allen Robinson at 3 year for $42M. For comparison, the Lions signed Marvin Jones for 5 years at $40M two years ago, which means that Robinson will be a free agent the same year as Jones. The extra crazy is that Robinson is only making $700k more per year than Norwell.

Comment

• Looks like Cousins to Vikings is going to be official and for less money than I hoped.

Edit: It's also completely guaranteed so no refunds.
                              Last edited by kirmie; 03-13-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Watkins got paid (I guess we need to see the details to be sure).
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X