No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousins 80+ million dollars will be fully guaranteed. 3 year deal. Nuts.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
      One year wonder guard, in a deep OG class, getting paid more than most LTs in the league. Somehow an A.

I can't be the only person that thinks that's a bad signing.
      If you mean Norwell then I haven't seen anybody say anything bad about him at all and places have been calling him one of the best OGs for a few years now so I don't get the one year wonder label. As for the money, he'll be the 8th OG making $10M+ while 14 OTs make $10M+. BTW, it looks like he actually makes more per year than all of the LTs. The numbers are based on what I've found at Over The Cap so if they have bad data, blame them.

I blame a couple factors for this crazyness. The increase in cap space the last few years is severely increasing the pay for the high end free agents that appear each year. The other issue is that the last few years have seen really good OGs become free agents while few LTs have done so and those like Okung have injury history.

On the other hand, $13.3M is higher than he should have gotten, but only because the next highest OG is getting $12M so that's over a 10% increase. That's a large increase. It seems even worse because of what I mentioned in the second paragraph.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• I hate the Norwell contract because it probably bumps Martin's demands into the $14M/year range.

Again, we probably could've gotten him for $12.5-13M last summer, but didn't wanna hurt Tyron's feelings.

Earl Thomas is literally begging to play here and we probably haven't even offered our 3rd. Stephen Jones can eat rocks

Sorry
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
          I hate the Norwell contract because it probably bumps Martin's demands into the $14M/year range.

Again, we probably could've gotten him for $12.5-13M last summer, but didn't wanna hurt Tyron's feelings.

Earl Thomas is literally begging to play here and we probably haven't even offered our 3rd. Stephen Jones can eat rocks

Sorry
          Not hurting a guy's feelings with a higher contract to a lesser player made sense in, say 2012, but not anymore. The numbers have gone up so quick that it's just not proportional anymore. The only way to fix that would be to start giving contacts based on a percentage of the cap instead of set in stone numbers. That'd be super complicated to get working so I don't see anybody doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

If you mean Norwell then I haven't seen anybody say anything bad about him at all and places have been calling him one of the best OGs for a few years now so I don't get the one year wonder label. As for the money, he'll be the 8th OG making $10M+ while 14 OTs make $10M+. BTW, it looks like he actually makes more per year than all of the LTs. The numbers are based on what I've found at Over The Cap so if they have bad data, blame them.

I blame a couple factors for this crazyness. The increase in cap space the last few years is severely increasing the pay for the high end free agents that appear each year. The other issue is that the last few years have seen really good OGs become free agents while few LTs have done so and those like Okung have injury history.

On the other hand, $13.3M is higher than he should have gotten, but only because the next highest OG is getting $12M so that's over a 10% increase. That's a large increase. It seems even worse because of what I mentioned in the second paragraph.
            Norwell is a really good football player and it takes what I consider to be their biggest need off the board, so I like the move. (unfortunately, I have to watch a lot of Panthers games)
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• @AdamSchefter
              Packers intend to sign TE Jimmy Graham to a three-year deal, sources tell ESPN.

Edit: Well, at least Jordy is gone as well.
              Last edited by kirmie; 03-13-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I hate the Norwell contract because it probably bumps Martin's demands into the $14M/year range.

Sorry
                I don't understand this. Were they expecting Martin's price to go down somehow? Explain please.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jimmy Graham to the Packers.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't understand this. Were they expecting Martin's price to go down somehow? Explain please.
                    I have it on pretty good authority that they didn't want to give Martin a higher AAV than Tyron

I hate my team so I'm rolling with it. Hope someone else enjoys him and Lawrence
                    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Donte Moncrief to the Jags. Must be a cheap deal after Norwell and Lee. Seems good.

Titans are apparently in a bidding war for Dion goddamn Lewis. Because why spend a midlevel draft pick for a secondary RB when you can break the bank and lack at another position?

Comment

• I love the stuff Dan Orlovsky has been doing since he stopped playing, but this is great and I don't think the is a fan of Bradford.

@danorlovsky7
                        Today makes me think 3 things 1) I shoulda never purposely ran out of the end zone back in '08 2) I wish I was better at playing QB because and 3) Bradford has pictures on someone important..#FreeAgentFrenzy #NFLFreeAgency2018

Comment

• Malcolm Butler to the Titans. Five years, $61 million with 30 guaranteed.

Apparently we don't need any tall corners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            Malcolm Butler to the Titans. Five years, $61 million with 30 guaranteed.

Apparently we don't need any tall corners.
                            Nah. That's a good set of CBs. Lebeau is gone, right? That explains the expenses on CBs.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have it on pretty good authority that they didn't want to give Martin a higher AAV than Tyron

I hate my team so I'm rolling with it. Hope someone else enjoys him and Lawrence
                              I'm not arguing with you, I just don't understand the thinking. It's not like they aren't gonna sign Martin, so I don't get how letting TS be highest paid OL on the team for another year helped anything.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Nah. That's a good set of CBs. Lebeau is gone, right? That explains the expenses on CBs.
                                Lol, yup. DIckie seems to hate CBs that can actually cover. Helped drive me away from the team. Not a bad deal for the Titans or Butler imo. Wasn't expecting him to land in Tennessee, but nothing that has happened this offseason has been what I expected.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X