This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Donte Moncrief to the Jags. Must be a cheap deal after Norwell and Lee. Seems good.

Titans are apparently in a bidding war for Dion goddamn Lewis. Because why spend a midlevel draft pick for a secondary RB when you can break the bank and lack at another position?
    Finally something I can get on the same page with you about! Yeah, that seems dumb. I'd rather just draft Hines or Ballage in the 4th than pay much for Lewis. Who are they bidding against?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Nah. That's a good set of CBs. Lebeau is gone, right? That explains the expenses on CBs.
      Oh don't get me wrong, Butler is a great grab, and the price is reasonable. He's just not the best fit for need in a division with Deandre Hopkins. I like it, I just don't love it.
      Good to scratch off one need going into the draft.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Finally something I can get on the same page with you about! Yeah, that seems dumb. I'd rather just draft Hines or Ballage in the 4th than pay much for Lewis. Who are they bidding against?
      Apparently like five teams. Pats, Jets, and Broncos are in the mix, per Tennessee people.

Comment

• I'm officially on the "Never pay WRs" train
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
          I'm officially on the "Never pay WRs" train
          Not unless you have an elite world beater. AB, Julio, Hopkins...anyone else?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm officially on the "Never pay WRs" train
            Welcome aboard!
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

AJ imo.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Green. OBJ if he weren't a crazy person. That's about it. I kinda like the ARob deal for CHI, but all these WR2/3 types getting $7M+ annually are making my head spin

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Welcome aboard!
                Don't get me wrong, I love me some AB/Julio/Hopkins. But compared to QB, OT, EDGE, and CB, WR talent would seem to be the least correlated to team success. Bortles having a career year without Robinson was pretty telling- ditto what Stafford's done without Megatron (although I like Marvin Jones a lot too)

Comment

• I forgot that AJ is toiling away in Cincinnati. Which tells you about the state of that team that I forgot about their best offensive weapon despite seeing them twice per year. OBJ, yeah, with all of his shenanigans I forgot that he was actually super talented. That and he was hurt last year.

It's awesome to have guys like that, but not super necessary. As long as they can get open, catch, and fill a certain role (possession, deep threat, YAC, etc.) That said, you don't want to line random garbage up, either.
                  ​​​​​​
                  sigpic

Comment

• Taking out about $6 million for their draft picks, and assuming that the Butler deal ($12m a year) and the Lewis deal ($5m a year) are fairly evenly spread, the Titans will have about $35 million to retain Kline and pay Lewan. Could still fit in one more major free agent.

Comment

Green. OBJ if he weren't a crazy person. That's about it. I kinda like the ARob deal for CHI, but all these WR2/3 types getting $7M+ annually are making my head spin

Don't get me wrong, I love me some AB/Julio/Hopkins. But compared to QB, OT, EDGE, and CB, WR talent would seem to be the least correlated to team success. Bortles having a career year without Robinson was pretty telling- ditto what Stafford's done without Megatron (although I like Marvin Jones a lot too)
                      I think we're mostly on the same page, but I consider the players mentioned necessary evils rather than loving them.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• "It's a fantastic guard class, so let's overpay all the FA guards!"--every NFL team, apparently.

Titans re-sign Josh Kline to 4 year, $26 million. Also re-signing David King. Probably done except for a couple of depth guys.

Titans will need a starting ILB, LG, and DE from the draft, along with more options at pass rudher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                          "It's a fantastic guard class, so let's overpay all the FA guards!"--every NFL team, apparently.
                          Spencer Long is a Jet now (they plan to play him at center.) I very much hope we are getting a left guard in the draft.
                          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Spencer Long is a Jet now (they plan to play him at center.) I very much hope we are getting a left guard in the draft.
                            ~
                            Long is a good player. Wtf?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• UMass TE Brenneman retires due to knee issues. Wish him well with his life's work.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I don't think $6.5M/yr for Kline is a bad deal. That's a good bit less than Leary, Warford, and Lang went for last year. Is he really that big of a step down from those guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X