No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lions are killing it compared to Green Bay, the Vikings, and the Bears. Who needs guys like Jimmy Graham, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, or Trey Burton when you can re-sign Nick Bellore!

Everybody connected to the Lions in free agency has either signed for a big deal the Lions would touch or are old as balls and still free agents.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    "It's a fantastic guard class, so let's overpay all the FA guards!"--every NFL team, apparently.

Titans re-sign Josh Kline to 4 year, $26 million. Also re-signing David King. Probably done except for a couple of depth guys.

Titans will need a starting ILB, LG, and DE from the draft, along with more options at pass rudher.
    I'm actually surprised the Lions aren't freaking out and doing the same. Their current LG is also their C. Looks like the Giants are solving the problem where an OG is getting more money than all of the LTs. Nate Solder is about to get $15M per year.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Long is a good player. Wtf?
      Letting Long walk isn't a surprise, it was mostly expected. He never beat out Shawn Lauvao for the LG spot, but he did move to center where he was decent. However, when he got hurt last year our 6th round pick, Chase Roullier, took over with no noticeable drop off. So there he goes.

We have 3 players who have/about to have massive contracts on the OL (Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Brandon Scherff). One bargain, Chase. So it doesn't make sense to spend big money on the other guard spot this free agency. We need to draft that guy.
      ~

Comment

• So, the Browns have been killing it, while Baltimore overpays random guys and the Steelers are wrapped up in Bell drama. Reversal of fortune? Maybe, if Dorsey kills the draft and Hue actually does a good job. And Baltimore continues to do dumb things and have no depth. And if the Steelers give in to Bell and forget to re-stock a defense that has gaping holes at LB and S.

Cincinnati? Who cares.
        sigpic

Comment

• Honey Badger cut. That should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Letting Long walk isn't a surprise, it was mostly expected. He never beat out Shawn Lauvao for the LG spot, but he did move to center where he was decent. However, when he got hurt last year our 6th round pick, Chase Roullier, took over with no noticeable drop off. So there he goes.

We have 3 players who have/about to have massive contracts on the OL (Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Brandon Scherff). One bargain, Chase. So it doesn't make sense to spend big money on the other guard spot this free agency. We need to draft that guy.
            ~
            I don't watch many Redskins games, but that makes sense. I just like Long and think you rarely get better by letting good players walk.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Joe Thomas retired. A guy that deserved a better team.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                So, the Browns have been killing it, while Baltimore overpays random guys and the Steelers are wrapped up in Bell drama. Reversal of fortune? Maybe, if Dorsey kills the draft and Hue actually does a good job. And Baltimore continues to do dumb things and have no depth. And if the Steelers give in to Bell and forget to re-stock a defense that has gaping holes at LB and S.

Cincinnati? Who cares.
                Ravens seem stuck in the mud. Made a good move or two, but I don't like the Grant signing and it sounds like Jensen is going to walk. Who starts at center for them???
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                  I don't think $6.5M/yr for Kline is a bad deal. That's a good bit less than Leary, Warford, and Lang went for last year. Is he really that big of a step down from those guys?
                  From Warford and Lang, definitely. Kline is a mediocre guard. I was really surprised that they re-signed him at all. If you were going to upgrade the OL, his spot would be the place to do it.
                  It's hard for me to imagine Spain costing that much more, if any more, and he's a RFA and the better starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Ravens seem stuck in the mud. Made a good move or two, but I don't like the Grant signing and it sounds like Jensen is going to walk. Who starts at center for them???
                    No idea. Same with WR, RB unless Collins improves, and possibly TE if none of their numerous investments pan out. Their offense blows as of right now. Perhaps Ozzie is checking out? He is done after this year, and I have no idea who this DeCosta is.
                    sigpic

Comment

• See like I dont get why Patrick Robinson or Trent Murphy would go for less than Ryan Grant or Albert Wilson. Is the demand for secondary/tertiary receivers really higher than it is for secondary/tertiary cornerbacks and pass rushers?
                      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

From Warford and Lang, definitely. Kline is a mediocre guard. I was really surprised that they re-signed him at all. If you were going to upgrade the OL, his spot would be the place to do it.
                        It's hard for me to imagine Spain costing that much more, if any more, and he's a RFA and the better starter.
                        Eh, whatever. I kinda wanted him in Dallas. We just need someone to hold down LG between Tyron and Frederick to save ourselves from sinking another first rounder there.

also Leary is better than those other two guys I listed. Hrmph
                        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

See like I dont get why Patrick Robinson or Trent Murphy would go for less than Ryan Grant or Albert Wilson. Is the demand for secondary/tertiary receivers really higher than it is for secondary/tertiary cornerbacks and pass rushers?
                          Well...I guess we can't be accused of overspending in free agency this season.

P.S. Schefter says it's $21 million 3 years, not $30 million per Rapoport:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter55m55 minutes ago

Former Washington DE Trent Murphy intends to sign a 3-year, $21 million deal with the Buffalo Bills, per source.
                          ~

Comment

• So the Lions cut Ebron because, you know, that makes ****ing sense. I'm going to start drinking now.

Comment

also Leary is better than those other two guys I listed. Hrmph
                              Possibly. I don't know how good he is as a player, which is why I didn't list him.

Daquan Jones's deal is 3 years, $21 million. I like that, actually.
                              Last edited by Daniel; 03-14-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Goodbye Trevor. You were a likable guy but good lord did you make some of the worst decisions passing the ball.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X