2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't know what they were thinking signing him in the first place.
    Oh sure. The contract was ridiculous. But he's actually a good guy (too bad he's not big or fast or anything).

It's just that he's never missed a game and they're failing him for "oh look, an ankle thing that happened in the last game of 2017." Just seems really skeavy.
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
      Jamal Adams is so amazing. He's also trying hard to get Honey Badger.

https://twitter.com/TheAdams_era/sta...49073259532288
      They don't call it DBU for nothing!
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        I wonder what the issue was beyond buyer's remorse. So they want Crabtree? He's a solid #2 WR. But he'll be the #1 in Baltimore, and there won't be a lot of threats around him. Probably not the best spot to be in.

Sticking to my team, I'd love it if the Steelers went after Honey Badger. But they are too busy dancing around with Bell at the moment. I hope they have something significant planned beyond signing an RB with a zillion touches to an expensive long term deal while looking at a deep draft at RB, plus some guys that would have been solid pickups for much cheaper. They thinned out some of the trash on their roster, which is good. But they did some crazy restructures. Like beyond what they usually do. Lots of money being pushed back. I get that they want to go for another SB while Ben's still there, but since when does this "win now" nonsense ever work? And when hasn't it resulted in falling flat in the future? None of it seems smart to me. Unless Tomlin wants to leave as soon as Ben does.

This is where Castiron says "Thanks Tomlin!" Figured I'd take care of that one for ya.
        Losing Hubbard wasn't good as he is a solid depth lineman. Was kinda expecting them to try and get in on Brown or Hitchens tbh.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Arizona should've been the first team to try and go for an all-LSU secondary, but suppose it'd work for the Jets too
          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Losing Hubbard wasn't good as he is a solid depth lineman. Was kinda expecting them to try and get in on Brown or Hitchens tbh.
            Hubbard had earned a shot at a starting role (and salary) and wasn't getting that here. I was hoping they would go after someone, but their cap issues (that would be mitigated without that pesky franchise tag) might not allow it. They have historically not been a huge player in FA anyways, and really haven't participated in it until recently. But still, it would be nice to make some upgrades.
            sigpic

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BgY22btn...ed&action=save

Shazier. Not walking yet, but definitely not quitting.
              sigpic

Comment

Hubbard had earned a shot at a starting role (and salary) and wasn't getting that here. I was hoping they would go after someone, but their cap issues (that would be mitigated without that pesky franchise tag) might not allow it. They have historically not been a huge player in FA anyways, and really haven't participated in it until recently. But still, it would be nice to make some upgrades.
                I wasn't figuring on him starting in Cleve.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgY22btn...ed&action=save

Shazier. Not walking yet, but definitely not quitting.
                  Good for him. I wish Shazier the best.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Well this should be fun. The Bears transition tagged Kyle Fuller and the Packers signed him, so now the Bears can match. Do the Bears let him go or pay to bring him back from a division rival?
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      Well this should be fun. The Bears transition tagged Kyle Fuller and the Packers signed him, so now the Bears can match. Do the Bears let him go or pay to bring him back from a division rival?
                      Well it depends on the numbers which have yet to be disclosed

Mo Claiborne has signed three straight one year deals for totals of $3M, $5M, and $7M in that order. I love it. Anyone know the record for consecutive 1-year non minimum contracts a player has signed?

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Well it depends on the numbers which have yet to be disclosed

Mo Claiborne has signed three straight one year deals for totals of $3M, $5M, and $7M in that order. I love it. Anyone know the record for consecutive 1-year non minimum contracts a player has signed?
                        That'd be interesting to figure out. I'm betting its some backup QB, but Claiborne may be in line for a record where the player actually starts more than 2 or 3 games. Punters and kickers tend to get multi year deals if they are good enough to stick around and long snappers don't make more than the minimum so I don't see many people who start at their job getting a lot of 1 year deals.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Crabtree to the Ravens. Are they counting on getting Chark in the draft? Lord knows they're going to need to add some speed to that group.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

That'd be interesting to figure out. I'm betting its some backup QB, but Claiborne may be in line for a record where the player actually starts more than 2 or 3 games. Punters and kickers tend to get multi year deals if they are good enough to stick around and long snappers don't make more than the minimum so I don't see many people who start at their job getting a lot of 1 year deals.
                            Even backup QBs tend to get multi-year deals these days (with all the guarantees in Year 1 obviously). You're right that the answer is probably Ryan Fitzpatrick or some previous decade's version of him though

Comment

• The Bucs made Ryan Jensen the highest paid center in the league for whatever reason. I guess this means Marpet is moving back to guard?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• It's being reported that Tyrann Mathieu will sign a one year deal with Houston. Don't like it tbh. Not a big fan of the Texans. Man, are they gonna have some playmakers on that side of the ball, though.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X