This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    It's being reported that Tyrann Mathieu will sign a one year deal with Houston. Don't like it tbh. Not a big fan of the Texans. Man, are they gonna have some playmakers on that side of the ball, though.
    How the hell did he go for only $7 million?

Redskins fans were all over chasing him, and I was saying, "no way we we're going to outbid teams with serious cap space left for that guy."
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

How the hell did he go for only $7 million?

Redskins fans were all over chasing him, and I was saying, "no way we we're going to outbid teams with serious cap space left for that guy."
      ~
      From what I understand he's slowed down from those injuries and just hasn't been the same player that he was when he broke out. Also, if you don't run or want a D that uses a zone-rover type nickel/xtra safety you have to change your scheme to fit this new guy in, which changing your entire coverage scheme and significant parts of your run scheme. Could be that his off-field problems have resurfaced as well. But I agree it's not what I was expecting considering we're still in silly money time.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Holy crap! I didn't know the Jags signed DJ Hayden.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

That'd be interesting to figure out. I'm betting its some backup QB, but Claiborne may be in line for a record where the player actually starts more than 2 or 3 games. Punters and kickers tend to get multi year deals if they are good enough to stick around and long snappers don't make more than the minimum so I don't see many people who start at their job getting a lot of 1 year deals.
          What happened with DJ Hayden??? I was under the impression that he was playing really well. Am I wrong about that?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So I know this isn't football but holy crap UMBC. Goodbye everyone's brackets!

Pretty crazy Mathieu is only getting that much. Guess it's a prove it deal to see if he's healthy.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              So I know this isn't football but holy crap UMBC. Goodbye everyone's brackets!

Pretty crazy Mathieu is only getting that much. Guess it's a prove it deal to see if he's healthy.
              One year deal, so yeah.

Also Justin Pugh signs with Cards for $45 mil.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Honey Badger was pretty bad last year from what I saw. Dallas specifically exploited him.

Still, great pickup for HOU. If Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus ever stay healthy...
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Holey Moley. NY Football Jets have made a MOOve.

Colts Jets trade 2018.jpg
                  ~

Comment

• Wow!

I mean I thought there was a decent chance of trading up to 3, but Wow.

All in for a QB. It would have been nice to have a 2nd round pick this year though.

Don't want Denver or Buffalo to leap frog us. Although I suppose the Giants @2 is an option.
                    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• This will probably lock the Browns into taking a QB @1, unless they don't care who they get between like 2-3 QB @ 4.

Comment

• Actually we just secured a potential franchise QB and forced the Bills to give up a ton more now to move up.

Comment

• I like the trades for both sides. It seems like a lot but if you're really sold on a guy as your franchise guy you have to make your move. Plus the Jets are pretty close to being a playoff team.
                          sigpic

Comment

• This makes no sense to me unless you know exactly whos going 1 and 2
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                              This makes no sense to me unless you know exactly whos going 1 and 2
                              Or if you assume two of the top 4 QBs will be gone, but still think it's worth the overpay (draft value chart-wise) to have a choice of the remaining two.

No question it's a great deal for the Colts though.
                              ~

Comment

• This does put Denver in an awkward spot. I wonder what it would cost to move up to 4. Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson are still my top 3 QBs and Denver should have a shot at least one of them, maybe two at 5. But it's still unsettling.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X