Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers trying to replace Shazier with Jon Bostic? Okeydokey.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Steelers trying to replace Shazier with Jon Bostic? Okeydokey.
      Stopgap. No one will replace Shazier; his speed at the position can't be matched by anyone bargain-priced. More than likely, they liked his playcalling ability. They will draft someone and hopefully tweak those defensive responsibilities a bit. Hopefully.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Stopgap. No one will replace Shazier; his speed at the position can't be matched by anyone bargain-priced. More than likely, they liked his playcalling ability. They will draft someone and hopefully tweak those defensive responsibilities a bit. Hopefully.
        He was a pretty good player, but certainly a replaceable one. Just not by Jon Bostic.

Do you think this will make them put ILB on the backburner in the draft, or do they still go there this year in the draft?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Titans "won" the Dion Lewis sweepstakes. I'm sure Daniel is thrilled.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

He was a pretty good player, but certainly a replaceable one. Just not by Jon Bostic.

Do you think this will make them put ILB on the backburner in the draft, or do they still go there this year in the draft?
            Depends on who is available. I hope that they don't just roll with what they have now.
            sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Cahill coming back to the A's has gotta be the biggest FA move so far imo.

Comment

• Well, at least the Rams are out of the Suh sweepstakes.

Though, to be honest, I'm not certain I want the Titans to win it either.

Comment

• Scandrick signs a two year deal with the Skins.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  Well, at least the Rams are out of the Suh sweepstakes.

Though, to be honest, I'm not certain I want the Titans to win it either.
                  When/how did that happen?

Anybody?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Scandrick signs a two year deal with the Skins.
                    Welp. Walter likes it, but I was hoping this was a just a leverage visit vs. DRC, or else for tiny bucks.

We'll have to see the details, but 2 years at $5 million per isn't my definition of tiny bucks...not for a guy who's been injured so much.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Welp. Walter likes it, but I was hoping this was a just a leverage visit vs. DRC, or else for tiny bucks.

We'll have to see the details, but 2 years at $5 million per isn't my definition of tiny bucks...not for a guy who's been injured so much.
                      ~
                      Actually, I thought it was a pretty good deal for them. He's a smart player that's much better than people seem to think when he isn't injured, and it seems to me at least that his injuries just sort of popped up the past two seasons rather than being a chronic thing (but I could be completely wrong about that). I actually like him as a stopgap much better than DRC, who can contract a case of the stupids at any miute and you never know when he isn't going to feel like playing. But, I can see your pov if you think he's washed up and is only going to play 8 games a year. I think he'll be better than that.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Actually, I thought it was a pretty good deal for them. He's a smart player that's much better than people seem to think when he isn't injured, and it seems to me at least that his injuries just sort of popped up the past two seasons rather than being a chronic thing (but I could be completely wrong about that). I actually like him as a stopgap much better than DRC, who can contract a case of the stupids at any miute and you never know when he isn't going to feel like playing. But, I can see your pov if you think he's washed up and is only going to play 8 games a year. I think he'll be better than that.
                        You can ask whatdoyouwant about our history with older/injured Dallas players. OTOH, I'm sure the actual guaranteed money is less than $5 million/year, so we'll have to wait on that.

I do hope we sign Hankins, he's a young guy that's actually a nice fit.
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

You can ask whatdoyouwant about our history with older/injured Dallas players. OTOH, I'm sure the actual guaranteed money is less than $5 million/year, so we'll have to wait on that.

I do hope we sign Hankins, he's a young guy that's actually a nice fit.
                          ~
                          There is that. It's a fair point. Btw, the contract is a max of five a year, so it should come in more team friendly when all the details are released. And, you're right, Hank is a really good player.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

When/how did that happen?

Anybody?
                            They signed Easley. I mean, they aren't out, but it seems hard for me to think they'd sign Suh now that they've got three starting DTs already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

They signed Easley. I mean, they aren't out, but it seems hard for me to think they'd sign Suh now that they've got three starting DTs already.
                              Okay, didn't know about that. For their sake, I hope they signed Easly to a backup deal.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Okay, didn't know about that. For their sake, I hope they signed Easly to a backup deal.
                                One year, under 2 million. Not bad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X