Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Scandrick is washed. Sorry
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
        Scandrick is washed. Sorry
        When did these injuries start, was it the past two years or has he always been made of glass?

He's not the player he was, and think he'd be better on the Packers helping teach all their young kids how to play, but I still like him better than DRC. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Scandrick and think Dallas did the right thing and feel he's an insecure prick, but I've never seen him flat out quit like DRC has before.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

When did these injuries start, was it the past two years or has he always been made of glass?

He's not the player he was, and think he'd be better on the Packers helping teach all their young kids how to play, but I still like him better than DRC. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Scandrick and think Dallas did the right thing and feel he's an insecure prick, but I've never seen him flat out quit like DRC has before.
          2015, tore his ACL in training camp. Just hasn't been the same guy since. He couldn't move all last year, or he wasn't trying, little of both I think.

I would've loved Bostic and Burnett in Dallas, good work by your team

Comment

2015, tore his ACL in training camp. Just hasn't been the same guy since. He couldn't move all last year, or he wasn't trying, little of both I think.

I would've loved Bostic and Burnett in Dallas, good work by your team
            Haven't seen the Burnett deal yet but I'm glad they got a safety. I'd say draft an ILB and safety early still: I'm not cool with a Bostic/VW inside combo and someone needs to compete with Davis. After that, some OLB competition would be nice. They will probably look at WR and TE to replace Bryant and James, respectively. Maybe a late round OL? I would like a RB to push Bell and his potentially large salary out as well but that probably won't happen. Hopefully Conner figures out the passing game and stays healthy. They would still need depth though as Toussaint is a special teamer, nothing more.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

What happened with DJ Hayden??? I was under the impression that he was playing really well. Am I wrong about that?
              He was, which is why he got 3 years $19M with $9.45M guaranteed from the Jags. The Lions were expected to sign at least one of him or Lawson who split time (Lawson ~50% and Hayden ~45%) and went with the slightly younger and cheaper option. Lawson got 2 years $9.2M with $4.55M guaranteed and only $1.125M of that would be dead money in 2019 if he is cut. I think the contract was the bigger reason for Lawson over Hayden. They want to give Teez Tabor more time and they also signed Deshean Shead to a one year $3.13M contract. This setup allows them to make Tabor the starter for 2019 if they want without too much money tied up and Lawson is cheap enough that he could be a veteran backup at that point.

It will be interesting to see how the Lions use their DBs this year. Diggs looked solid at safety, but played CB before Tavon Wilson's injury. Wilson is back so Diggs will probably move around. Tabor needs more time so he and Lawson will probably split or move inside and out. Shead will likely have the big man nickle type role. Jamal Agnew may also see more time on defense, but I'm totally fine with him being a special teams only guy. This leave SS Miles Killebrew as kind of the odd man out. Killebrew played ~33% of snaps on defense last year, but Diggs saw the safety playing time when Wilson got hurt so Killebrew looks like the backup. They've all had some promising moments so it is a nice change from the normal Lions situation where fans want the young guys to play just because they already know the older guy isn't good enough.

Then again, the Lions FA looks like they are going to run a defense with no DL. LB's and DB's all day.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Haven't seen the Burnett deal yet but I'm glad they got a safety. I'd say draft an ILB and safety early still: I'm not cool with a Bostic/VW inside combo and someone needs to compete with Davis. After that, some OLB competition would be nice. They will probably look at WR and TE to replace Bryant and James, respectively. Maybe a late round OL? I would like a RB to push Bell and his potentially large salary out as well but that probably won't happen. Hopefully Conner figures out the passing game and stays healthy. They would still need depth though as Toussaint is a special teamer, nothing more.
                It's a pretty strong LB class IMO, I think you guys'll be fine there. Bostic's no superhero, but as a 3rd LB for $2M/yr, only 26, seems like pretty good value.

Shame about Shazier, though.

Comment

It's a pretty strong LB class IMO, I think you guys'll be fine there. Bostic's no superhero, but as a 3rd LB for $2M/yr, only 26, seems like pretty good value.

Shame about Shazier, though.
                  Yeah. He wants to come back and has been working tirelessly but that's a tough hill to climb. Just walking again will be a huge milestone. I hope they really work hard to solve this defense's issues. No Steelers defense should be that soft against the run, with or without blazing LB play. The safeties being garbage last year didn't help. Hopefully the offense is more consistent next year to take some of the pressure off. Loads of talent but lots of behind the scenes drama, I think. Which resulted in a new OC. Ben also needs to decide whether he's going to be mopey and sucky or the QB that he's supposed to be.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter3h3 hours ago

Jaguars are releasing WR Allen Hurns, per source. Strong market expected for him.
                    ~

Comment

• 3 years, $14.5M for Burnett.

at least we got a fullback

Comment

3 years, $14.5M for Burnett.

at least we got a fullback
                        That's really good. Much less than what I expected him to sign for.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's really good. Much less than what I expected him to sign for.
                          ProFootballRumors says it's because the market for safeties is soft. Don't know why, but this seems like a very good deal for the Steelers.
                          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

ProFootballRumors says it's because the market for safeties is soft. Don't know why, but this seems like a very good deal for the Steelers.
                            ~
                            I'm curious about that too. Maybe teams like the safeties in the draft a lot this year? There are still a lot of them left on the market.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm curious about that too. Maybe teams like the safeties in the draft a lot this year? There are still a lot of them left on the market.
                              Have the teams that lost safeties replaced them in some manner yet? Like younger players were getting time and are set to start or signing lower end guys? I haven't been following that position closely this free agency.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Have the teams that lost safeties replaced them in some manner yet? Like younger players were getting time and are set to start or signing lower end guys? I haven't been following that position closely this free agency.
                                Haven't looked around the league much. With Pittsburgh the need was obvious.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X