2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

ProFootballRumors says it's because the market for safeties is soft. Don't know why, but this seems like a very good deal for the Steelers.
    ~
    Burnett, from what I understand, has also been injured on and off lately and thus inconsistent for the Packers. Good heady player though when healthy.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Does anybody have a preferred list of remaining FAs other than Suh, who I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole?
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Does anybody have a preferred list of remaining FAs other than Suh, who I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole?
        I'm hoping the Titans lose out on Suh and sign Hankins and Robert Ayers.

Comment

• I guess it will be interesting to see where Tre Boston ends up? Other than that, meh. Pittsburgh did about what I wanted them to do, except for tagging Bell. The restructures done to fit this all in are going to hurt down the line.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Does anybody have a preferred list of remaining FAs other than Suh, who I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole?
            There's an off chance that Allen Hurns might be Dallas' WR1 next year, so that's at least worth monitoring from a fantasy perspective

DT and safety have the most talent left on the market, off the top of my head
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Lions have seemingly every DT other than Suh visiting today. They also signed a local kid and lifetime Lions fan in TE Luke Willson. One of the rare times a local is from a different country and from south of the city. Yeah... Windsor/LaSalle is actually straight south of downtown Detroit. It's weird. Bonus points for this pickup because his dad and brothers are Packers fans that admitted they now have to cheer for the Lions.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Suh is a massive headache who probably wants a massive amount of money. He is still really good but no way I'd bring him on.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                  Lions have seemingly every DT other than Suh visiting today. They also signed a local kid and lifetime Lions fan in TE Luke Willson. One of the rare times a local is from a different country and from south of the city. Yeah... Windsor/LaSalle is actually straight south of downtown Detroit. It's weird. Bonus points for this pickup because his dad and brothers are Packers fans that admitted they now have to cheer for the Lions.
                  You just signed Ricky Jean-Francois, btw.
                  ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

You just signed Ricky Jean-Francois, btw.
                    ~
                    I just heard. Apparently the pattern of the day for the Lions is "France". Signed a guy from a country that uses French and a guy with a French name. I'm officially declaring Johnathan Hankins to have a nickname of French Fries so he will fit the pattern and get signed.

Edit: Now it seems to be in the works still. Weird. Probably just finishing the details on the contract or something. Not much info has slipped out of Allen Park before a player signs this year.

Oh, and that new catch rule is both awesome and the most vague thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to see how refs interpret the complete statement of "CONTROL".
                    Last edited by kirmie; 03-21-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Here's an article on this year's free-agency so far, written by an agent.

Confirms something we all noted, too much money was chasing too few quality free agents to start it off. But there's more...
                      ~

Comment

• Wheeeee! Word on the street is now that Ricky Jean-Francois told a guy straight up that it was a done deal, then backed off. Now the Lions have officially signed Sylvester Williams, if you can trust the Lions official twitter even though they haven't posted the obligatory picture of the player actually signing the contract. Not much is getting out before the Lions official twitter announces things so I'm going to start assuming anything else is still fluid when it pops up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

I just heard. Apparently the pattern of the day for the Lions is "France". Signed a guy from a country that uses French and a guy with a French name. I'm officially declaring Johnathan Hankins to have a nickname of French Fries so he will fit the pattern and get signed.

Edit: Now it seems to be in the works still. Weird. Probably just finishing the details on the contract or something. Not much info has slipped out of Allen Park before a player signs this year.

Oh, and that new catch rule is both awesome and the most vague thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to see how refs interpret the complete statement of "CONTROL".
                          At least that "going to the ground" thing is out. I think they should look into limiting replay time, too. If it's not obvious enough to overturn in like 2 minutes or so, then it doesn't need overturned.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good golly Miss Molly!

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter10m10 minutes ago

Giants and Buccaneers are swapping fourth-round picks, and then Jason Pierre-Paul gets dealt for an additional third-round pick as NY continues to reshape its roster.
                            ~

Comment

• Bucs offseason winners again

People are guessing this means Chubb at #2 and I guess that makes some sense, but are you really gonna eat $15M in dead cap money on a guy and then draft someone to play the same position 2nd overall? Seems like bad cap management. Biggest positive for them here is wiping out his cap hit next year and the year after, but that's a long term play, which implies rebuilding, which implies QB or trade down.

JPP gets some **** for the hand thing and off and on sack years, but he was a huge thorn in Dallas' side for years. Good riddance.
                              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I think the Giants want a trade-down and overpay like the Colts got, but this requires someone willing to do it.

I hope they don't get that offer, of course.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X