Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this opens up Bradley Chubb @ 2?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• I guarantee that they want to trade down. The roster was bad last year, it's gonna take time and lots of picks to air that stink out. Seems like there are some toxic personalities in there, too.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        I think the Giants want a trade-down and overpay like the Colts got, but this requires someone willing to do it.

I hope they don't get that offer, of course.
        ~
        We have to assume that the Jets tried to trade with them before they went to the Colts, right? If there's a chance, at all, that the Giants take a QB, or trade with someone else to take a QB, then the trade up to 3 becomes worthless. I thought the Colts made away like bandits, so the Giants must be wanting a **** ton.

Comment

• This thread needs more of the obvious. JPP was traded to the Buccaneers. That is another word for pirates. This should have been done earlier just because of how much sense it makes for him to be a Buccaneer.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          I guarantee that they want to trade down. The roster was bad last year, it's gonna take time and lots of picks to air that stink out. Seems like there are some toxic personalities in there, too.
          The problem with trading down is getting a good QB after you pick up a bunch of talent in a draft is hard because you end up being mediocre and drafting in the middle instead of being terrible and draft high. Then again, luck bum teams can get guys like Big Ben and Rodgers because us crappy teams are stupid.
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
            This thread needs more of the obvious. JPP was traded to the Buccaneers. That is another word for pirates. This should have been done earlier just because of how much sense it makes for him to be a Buccaneer.

The problem with trading down is getting a good QB after you pick up a bunch of talent in a draft is hard because you end up being mediocre and drafting in the middle instead of being terrible and draft high. Then again, luck bum teams can get guys like Big Ben and Rodgers because us crappy teams are stupid.
            There's that, and that the G-Men may want to stick with Eli just a bit longer. Could be smoke though. Or they don't like these guys enough to pick them.
            ​​​​​​
            In other news, Troy Vincent discussed the real possibility of the league removing kickoffs entirely at some point. As well as bringing up the punt return. Though the 25 yard touchback has rendered kickoffs pointless nowadays, I don't know what they would replace the punt return with. Nor do I think that the punt return needs to go anywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

There's that, and that the G-Men may want to stick with Eli just a bit longer. Could be smoke though. Or they don't like these guys enough to pick them.
              ​​​​​​
              In other news, Troy Vincent discussed the real possibility of the league removing kickoffs entirely at some point. As well as bringing up the punt return. Though the 25 yard touchback has rendered kickoffs pointless nowadays, I don't know what they would replace the punt return with. Nor do I think that the punt return needs to go anywhere.
              If they get rid of kickoffs, what happens to the onside kick? That's the important aspect. You can't "surprise" somebody with one if you aren't always kicking off. If I were a coach I'd be the a-hole who, if they allowed onside kicks only, would declare every kick an onside kick and then treat them like normal.

Getting rid of punts just seems like they want the punter's roster spot. Punts seem to be exciting with way less injuries.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Mo Hurst cleared medically, will participate in pro day.

P.S. Another reason for the JPP trade: while the Giants eat a $15 million cap penalty this year, they're completely free of the contract in 2019.

They'll need that cap room to resign Beckham and Collins.
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                  Bucs offseason winners again

People are guessing this means Chubb at #2 and I guess that makes some sense, but are you really gonna eat $15M in dead cap money on a guy and then draft someone to play the same position 2nd overall? Seems like bad cap management. Biggest positive for them here is wiping out his cap hit next year and the year after, but that's a long term play, which implies rebuilding, which implies QB or trade down.

JPP gets some **** for the hand thing and off and on sack years, but he was a huge thorn in Dallas' side for years. Good riddance.
                  I don't think JPP really fits the 3-4 they are going to run, and neither does Chubb imo. They should draft Barkley no doubt. He's everything you want in a player and can help prop up Eli the same way Davis did Elway and Zeke did Dak.

Not that Dallas could afford him, nor are they the proverbial one player away, but wouldn't he fit great in Dallas?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

​​​​​​
                    Only thing that makes sense to me is extending the "circle of protection" that they currently have, especially on fair catches to eliminate those bang-bang blowup shots. I'd be fine with that.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I guarantee that they want to trade down. The roster was bad last year, it's gonna take time and lots of picks to air that stink out. Seems like there are some toxic personalities in there, too.
                      Apple and OBJ are the only two I can think of at this point, now that DRC and JPP are gone. Maybe Brandon Marshall? IDK. I appreciate the hell out of him and the work he's done for mental health.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        Mo Hurst cleared medically, will participate in pro day.

P.S. Another reason for the JPP trade: while the Giants eat a $15 million cap penalty this year, they're completely free of the contract in 2019.

They'll need that cap room to resign Beckham and Collins.
                        ~
                        Hurst back to being my choice for the Boys in round 1.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Apple and OBJ are the only two I can think of at this point, now that DRC and JPP are gone. Maybe Brandon Marshall? IDK. I appreciate the hell out of him and the work he's done for mental health.
                          Yeah true, they have dumped a few. Still not sure what the deal with Apple is, outside of a bad attitude. They wanted to give their DBs a "clean slate" but I guess that didn't do much for DRC (no surprise). Marshall hasn't been a distraction for awhile though. He acknowledged his issues and has fought them. It's always an ongoing fight but he has made quite the effort. Then he has done the aforementioned mental health work. Major props for that. The big problem with him is that he's past his prime on the field.

I agree with your thoughts on Barkley as well. Get a good, skull-cracking OL and left him run wild like the largest arms in the world, brother.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jets are making moves. Grab Mayfield at 3, Mark Andrews in the 3rd and that's a strong team.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah true, they have dumped a few. Still not sure what the deal with Apple is, outside of a bad attitude. They wanted to give their DBs a "clean slate" but I guess that didn't do much for DRC (no surprise). Marshall hasn't been a distraction for awhile though. He acknowledged his issues and has fought them. It's always an ongoing fight but he has made quite the effort. Then he has done the aforementioned mental health work. Major props for that. The big problem with him is that he's past his prime on the field.

I agree with your thoughts on Barkley as well. Get a good, skull-cracking OL and left him run wild like the largest arms in the world, brother.
                              Yup.

Bring back Fluker to play RG, and find another G and a RT in the draft. Now they've got that extra three as ammo trade up a few spots, they could cleanup that entire line.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Ross C​​​​​​o​​​​​ckrell to Carolina. Not a bad player. AB kinda broke him in training camp last year; he had a terrible camp overall. Maybe he needed a change of scenery. Then the Giants didn't use him until the end of the year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X