2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @sportstori

At NFL owner's Meetings - #Lions team president Rod Wood says the main reason Detroit didn't win a bid to host the NFL draft was a date conflict at Ford Field with a robotics convention.
    Damn robots and damn Twitter's stupid apostrophes!

Anyways, this actually explains a lot. The Lions only have a conflict with 2019, but Rod Wood (Lions pres.) went on to explain that the Lions likely had no chance at 2020 because it is the 100 year anniversary and that the NFL probably had something specific in mind. Suddenly Cleveland/Canton being on the short list for 2019 and 2020 starts making sense. I think people can start planning their trips to Canton in 2020.
    Last edited by kirmie; 03-26-2018, 03:11 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Damn robots and damn Twitter's stupid apostrophes!

Anyways, this actually explains a lot. The Lions only have a conflict with 2019, but Rod Wood (Lions pres.) went on to explain that the Lions likely had no chance at 2020 because it is the 100 year anniversary and that the NFL probably had something specific in mind. Suddenly Cleveland/Canton being on the short list for 2019 and 2020 starts making sense. I think people can start planning their trips to Canton in 2020.

It will be interesting to see. I don't think Canton's stadium is anywhere close to big enough though.
      sigpic

Comment

• Rams get Suh, deal over $10 million a year, per Rappaport.

Comment

• Suh is 1 @14M.
          Cleveland. Supah Bowl? I will believe that when we get to 8 and 8. So never.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Saw some people trying to hype OBJ to the Browns. Don't fall for it, Gong!
            ~

Comment

• Suh and Aaron Donald on the same team? Who would have thought that could ever be possible? Right Ebron? ... I think every Lions fan just died a bit inside.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Steelers are setting up a pro day dinner with Darrius Guice. Historically speaking, dinner with Colbert generally means you're absolutely on the Steelers' short list. I'd be okay with this. This says a lot about their future plans with Bell though.

Castiron, you're the LSU guy. What's the story with Guice beyond being pretty good?
                Great player imo. He's a damn tank and has some jump cut ability and better balance and looser hips than Fournette. A 5'10" 220 lb young MoJo maybe? Supposed to be a good kid too. Would be a great pickup for the Steelers if he's still available.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                  Saw some people trying to hype OBJ to the Browns. Don't fall for it, Gong!
                  ~
                  I'd love that for the Giants. Really bad locker room guy that they need to get rid of rather than pay and have to deal with. WRs are replaceable, especially when considering the intangibles.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                    Rams get Suh, deal over $10 million a year, per Rappaport.
                    Heh.
                    ~

Comment

• Rams expressing interest in OBJ. I'd take a draft pick that landed me Sutton in exchange for him without thinking twice.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Still don't know how the Rams are pulling all of this off. They'll be a serious threat next year, with Seattle imploding and Arizona transitioning.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Siena, your coach's coach-speak is being dunked on.

Ross_Tucker_on_Twitter_Did_he_know_they_already_had_the_6th_pick_before_they_traded_3_Top_50_picks_
                          ~

Comment

• The Titans signing Blaine Gabbert really takes me back to the 2011 draft party I was at where everyone was screaming at the TV "Not Blaine Gabbertt!" before the Titans picked.

Comment

• I cant get over Chase Daniels $400k/pass attempt career earnings ratio

legend
                              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                The Titans signing Blaine Gabbert really takes me back to the 2011 draft party I was at where everyone was screaming at the TV "Not Blaine Gabbertt!" before the Titans picked.
                                And they ended up with Jake Locker. Who was somehow worse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X