No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers are super into Lamar Jackson, too. I'm having less and less of an idea of what this team is going to do. LB is still likely but that depends on who is on the board.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Sugar coding? That's some sweet programming.

You mostly hear defenders complain about this, but I'm surprised you don't hear from more offensive players, specifically RBs, who lower the helmet just as much and will also not be permitted to do so.
      ​​​​​
      That's right. Use ALL of the syntactic sugar.

The RBs and blockers are the ones I think this rule will really affect. No more head down truck sticking a defender. The defenders should have been doing this all along anyways with the previous rules that were already in place.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• My favorite WaPo blogger on Da'Ron Payne.
        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
          I don't hink thats Payne in the last two. Looks like 94 to me.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Anybody have thoughts on the Packers? Looking at their roster, and Pettine's history with Rex I'm making a strong guess that CB is going to be much more important than edge. They also need to help the right side of that O-line and bring in at least one more TE and QB. At least, Coach M has said he wants at least 4 good arms in camp, not just bodies.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't hink thats Payne in the last two. Looks like 94 to me.
              94, Da'Ron Payne
              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                Agh. Then I was looking at the wrong guy in the first two. One of those days apparently.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Anybody have thoughts on the Packers? Looking at their roster, and Pettine's history with Rex I'm making a strong guess that CB is going to be much more important than edge. They also need to help the right side of that O-line and bring in at least one more TE and QB. At least, Coach M has said he wants at least 4 good arms in camp, not just bodies.
                  It feels like they have needed to upgrade their defense forever, even with some well known names on the field. They go as far as Rodgers, as usual.
                  sigpic

Comment

• So, does anyone care about wonderlic scores anymore?
                    sigpic

Comment

So, does anyone care about wonderlic scores anymore?
                      What I don't care about anymore is the faux outrage when the scores get released to the press. So, yeah, I do care about them especially for QBs.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It feels like they have needed to upgrade their defense forever, even with some well known names on the field. They go as far as Rodgers, as usual.
                        True. But with Ted Thompson out it feels like a bit of a new day in GB, so I've taken more of an interest in their off-season goings on.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What I don't care about anymore is the faux outrage when the scores get released to the press. So, yeah, I do care about them especially for QBs.
                          There's outrage? I don't do much ESPN or any whiny clickbait nonsense, so I haven't noticed. I just don't hear the scores discussed or analyzed anymore.
                          sigpic

Comment

There's outrage? I don't do much ESPN or any whiny clickbait nonsense, so I haven't noticed. I just don't hear the scores discussed or analyzed anymore.
                            Oh, yeah. "How dare the league allow this information to leak to the press!" blahblahblah. The whole think is one big test, the combine. If people are gonna make fun of players for being slow, or fat, or weak, or having cement hips and no ankle flexion, why the blue hell can't we know that Tyshaun can't count to potato? I don't think it's more or less important or relevant than the other testing, and as a draft junkie I wants all the informashunz.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Oh, yeah. "How dare the league allow this information to leak to the press!" blahblahblah. The whole think is one big test, the combine. If people are gonna make fun of players for being slow, or fat, or weak, or having cement hips and no ankle flexion, why the blue hell can't we know that Tyshaun can't count to potato? I don't think it's more or less important or relevant than the other testing, and as a draft junkie I wants all the informashunz.
                              It's not medical information or anything, nor is it confidential. The media, heck, people in general just like to be mad at things.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's not medical information or anything, nor is it confidential. The media, heck, people in general just like to be mad at things.
                                Yup.

Unrelated, but I'm watching NFL network top 10 jersey numbers. How is 32 not the winner? I guess maybe 12 because QB, but eff QBs.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X