X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Yup.

Unrelated, but I'm watching NFL network top 10 jersey numbers. How is 32 not the winner? I guess maybe 12 because QB, but eff QBs.
    I think I remember watching that. A modern list with always add weight to the QB position.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I think I remember watching that. A modern list with always add weight to the QB position.
      Yeah, but eff QBs and double eff "modern".
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, in addition to the Titans, the Jags are changing their unis again. No one liked the two tone helmet.

The funny part is, they leaked out a fake uni for April Fools, which was just the Pro Bowl jersey that was teal instead of red. Problem is: the fans loved it.
        sigpic

Comment

So, in addition to the Titans, the Jags are changing their unis again. No one liked the two tone helmet.

The funny part is, they leaked out a fake uni for April Fools, which was just the Pro Bowl jersey that was teal instead of red. Problem is: the fans loved it.
          Teams should quit trying to be "cutting edge" and try for a more traditional look. Other than the creamscicles and the Panthers unis, I always prefer the more traditional unis.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Teams should quit trying to be "cutting edge" and try for a more traditional look. Other than the creamscicles and the Panthers unis, I always prefer the more traditional unis.
            A simple, traditional looking uniform usually ages a lot better. A crazy, complex design is going to age poorly. I think that's why a lot of the color rush unis worked really well (especially Denver, bring back the orange crush!) Most of them were pretty simple. That's also why I liked the Vikings most recent update as opposed to what they had before. And why the Bucs made a terrible mistake.

​​​​​​
            sigpic

Comment

• For the love of Jesus, PLEASE

MMQB's Peter King was told by a "friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey" the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.
              In this week's column: The truth behind the odd Josh Rosen-Jim Mora situation, the latest on a potential Odell Beckham trade, the next steps on the helmet-lowering rule change and much more
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                For the love of Jesus, PLEASE
                The dang draft is way too late. If they can't stand competing with the NCAA tournament, they should just move it up.
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

The dang draft is way too late. If they can't stand competing with the NCAA tournament, they should just move it up.
                  ~
                  It is way too late, but has nothing to do with NCAA. It's about wanting to extend the NFL calendar as long as possible and shortening that dead period between the draft and the first preseason game.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I fully expect that the Titans are going to go full "cutting edge" here in a couple of days.

Comment

A simple, traditional looking uniform usually ages a lot better. A crazy, complex design is going to age poorly. I think that's why a lot of the color rush unis worked really well (especially Denver, bring back the orange crush!) Most of them were pretty simple. That's also why I liked the Vikings most recent update as opposed to what they had before. And why the Bucs made a terrible mistake.

​​​​​​
                      Yup. It is a crime against football that the Bucs weren't wearing the creamsicles when they won the Super Bowl.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yup. It is a crime against football that the Bucs weren't wearing the creamsicles when they won the Super Bowl.
                        I don't mind the color scheme, even if it's a bit too similar to San Francisco. The current design though is an eyesore, with the alarm clock numbers and such.

And it bears repeating: no all black alternates if black isn't one of your team colors. Looking at you, Niners and Eagles.

I'm interested in what the Titans come up with. Their old look was ok. Apparently they are bringing more red into the mix. I guess we will see.
                        ​​​​​​
                        ​​​​​​
                        sigpic

Comment

• So, you know how NFL athletes are nuts and put their bodies through hell? Here's Aaron Donald, improving his hand technique...BY BLOCKING A MAN WEILDING KNIVES. WHAT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/2_10ths/s...ging-knives%2F

I mean, they can't be real...can they?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yup.

Unrelated, but I'm watching NFL network top 10 jersey numbers. How is 32 not the winner? I guess maybe 12 because QB, but eff QBs.
                            For Lions fans it will permanently be 20 unless something goes crazy. Though my favorite number across all sports would be Ty Cobb's NullReferenceException.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            So, you know how NFL athletes are nuts and put their bodies through hell? Here's Aaron Donald, improving his hand technique...BY BLOCKING A MAN WEILDING KNIVES. WHAT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/2_10ths/s...ging-knives%2F

I mean, they can't be real...can they?
                            First of all, that's awesome! I seriously hope they are fake, though I'd love to see the FO when they find out about this if they are real. It'd be hilarious watching them freak out.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

For Lions fans it will permanently be 20 unless something goes crazy. Though my favorite number across all sports would be Ty Cobb's NullReferenceException.
                              Billy Simms, Sanders, and another guy. Hard to beat for one team. I don't get the Ty Cobb reference (one of the greatest sports movies of all time).
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• As far as legendary numbers go, I think it's a team by team basis. The aforementioned 20 for Detroit, 34 for Chicago, like a dozen different numbers for Pittsburgh, etc.

There aren't any numbers, like Gretzky's 99 that are just universally retired. The closest I think is probably Unitas' 19, which only a couple of WRs will touch. I think Joe Montana wore it with the Chiefs, too, kinda adding to its legacy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X