2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Didn't Billings have some knee/ankle issues as well? Or am I thinking of another NT? Even if a guy isn't putting up numbers, freeing up other players to do so is still invaluable, run or pass.
    Yes and yes. Although I think the injury might have been a shoulder?

You couldn't be more right about these guys value. Of course, being a Steeler fan you have extra special insight that most heathen fans lack. But just think about Payne going to dallas, Atlanta, Tampa (free up McCoy and be a "bodyguard"), or Jax.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Yes and yes. Although I think the injury might have been a shoulder?

You couldn't be more right about these guys value. Of course, being a Steeler fan you have extra special insight that most heathen fans lack. But just think about Payne going to dallas, Atlanta, Tampa (free up McCoy and be a "bodyguard"), or Jax.
      Yeah, years of watching Hampton and Aaron Smith eat double teams while everyone else was free to go about their business spoiled me a bit. The Steelers forgot about this, too, which is too bad because they have some really good D-Lineman. And less than stellar LBs outside of Watt. And yet, still we roll with a 2-4-5 as a base D.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I don't care about the draft positioning. Teams passing on Payne are just dumb if they do. Vea has bust potential the size of Andre Smith's man boobs though.
        I think Vea would be a good late first round pick. I wouldn't be mad if the Titans took him at 25, assuming good pass rushers and ILBs are gone. With that size, strength, and speed, I can see him being Dontari Poe. I also worry he uses speed and strength more than technique and he can't physically dominate like that in the NFL.

I'm already assuming the Titans will do something dumb and draft a damn offensive lineman again. Because who needs to rush the QB anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah, years of watching Hampton and Aaron Smith eat double teams while everyone else was free to go about their business spoiled me a bit. The Steelers forgot about this, too, which is too bad because they have some really good D-Lineman. And less than stellar LBs outside of Watt. And yet, still we roll with a 2-4-5 as a base D.
          Being a fairly newly minted Steeler hater, that D-line is annoyingly talented. Fortunately, Tomlin is still yer HC and he twats it all up. And, yeah, I was thinking espcially about Snacks.
          Last edited by Castiron; 04-07-2018, 11:31 PM.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I think Vea would be a good late first round pick. I wouldn't be mad if the Titans took him at 25, assuming good pass rushers and ILBs are gone. With that size, strength, and speed, I can see him being Dontari Poe. I also worry he uses speed and strength more than technique and he can't physically dominate like that in the NFL.

I'm already assuming the Titans will do something dumb and draft a damn offensive lineman again. Because who needs to rush the QB anyway?
            All big fatties are like this. In my experience, it takes the 330lbers about 3 years to figure out they aren't top of the food chain anymore and they actually have to work on S and C, technique, and want to.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• DJ Swearinger weighs in:

DJ Swearinger‏Verified account @JungleBoi_Swagg10h10 hours ago

Soo Like I've Been Saying We Had The 32rd Ranked Run Defense Last Year! (Embarrassing) Why Would We Get A Db With That 1st Pick ?!?! He cant Put His Hand In The Dirt! It's Only Logic To Get Help Where You Hurt Right Or Wrong?!?!?
              #FACTS102 replies 173 retweets 722 likes
              P.S. If you're wondering which DT Swearinger wants...
              ~
              Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-08-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                DJ Swearinger weighs in:

P.S. If you're wondering which DT Swearinger wants...
                ~
                This is where that Morgan Freeman "He's right, you know" meme would be appropriate. Also, DJ is a badass, old school mf'er.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Titans sign Bennie Logan and make me a very happy fan. Between him and Will Compton, the Titans can go through the draft without upgrading DT or ILB and still make out OK. So now they can just go BPA outside of upgrading the pass rush, which they abso-****ing-lutely have to do.

Comment

Titans sign Bennie Logan and make me a very happy fan. Between him and Will Compton, the Titans can go through the draft without upgrading DT or ILB and still make out OK. So now they can just go BPA outside of upgrading the pass rush, which they abso-****ing-lutely have to do.
                    Logan is a stud. Probably my fave NT in the league. Should be great next to Casey, who I expect to bounce back next season now that Lebeau isn't twatting up their defense.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Logan is a stud. Probably my fave NT in the league. Should be great next to Casey, who I expect to bounce back next season now that Lebeau isn't twatting up their defense.
                      Oh yeah. Starting front seven will be beastly. Still need better depth at DE, especially since they cut Klug.

Comment

Oh yeah. Starting front seven will be beastly. Still need better depth at DE, especially since they cut Klug.
                        Yep. I just noticed they let Klug go. Not sure how I feel about that. Maybe they grab Rasheem Green or BJ Hill in the draft? Nah, those are day two guys who will start in the league soon. Hmmm. You got any thoughts?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• 1 year, $4 million for Logan.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Yep. I just noticed they let Klug go. Not sure how I feel about that. Maybe they grab Rasheem Green or BJ Hill in the draft? Nah, those are day two guys who will start in the league soon. Hmmm. You got any thoughts?
                          I know that most of their early picks are from guys they brought in on visits, so 'm guessing theybplan to go ILB on day 1, and look at pass rushers after.

Also, Robinson drafts a majority of his players from non-power 5 conferences.

That said, they haven't hosted any day 1 pass rushers. I imagine that they will either draft a ILB or pass rusher in the first depending on who falls. They're tough to predict.

Comment

• Just got into with a Dallas fan that said no defensive player at 19 would help us at all as a rookie

Lololololololol. The offseason, when every player who has shown any upside but has yet to play a complete 16 game season is gonna be an All-Pro
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

1 year, $4 million for Logan.

I know that most of their early picks are from guys they brought in on visits, so 'm guessing theybplan to go ILB on day 1, and look at pass rushers after.

Also, Robinson drafts a majority of his players from non-power 5 conferences.

That said, they haven't hosted any day 1 pass rushers. I imagine that they will either draft a ILB or pass rusher in the first depending on who falls. They're tough to predict.
                              No shit? That explains a lot. And, of course, then he goes power 5 with Dodd and pfffffft.

Maybe LVE at 1?
                              Last edited by Castiron; 04-09-2018, 12:09 PM.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                                Just got into with a Dallas fan that said no defensive player at 19 would help us at all as a rookie

Lololololololol. The offseason, when every player who has shown any upside but has yet to play a complete 16 game season is gonna be an All-Pro
                                I am prepared to offer you a deal for pick 13 if Roquan Smith is there. (I guess he'd be good for any team, but best as weakside linebacker in a 4-3.)
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X