2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
    Just got into with a Dallas fan that said no defensive player at 19 would help us at all as a rookie

Lololololololol. The offseason, when every player who has shown any upside but has yet to play a complete 16 game season is gonna be an All-Pro
    I'm confident that Payne, Hurst, and Phillips could all be available and would certainly help as a rookie. Of course a lot of fans, especially Dallas fans, say "help" and mean "play like defensive mvp". Because of course.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

No shit? That explains a lot. And, of course, then he goes power 5 with Dodd and pfffffft.

Maybe LVE at 1?
      He's the only first round prospect they've actually hosted, so it would make a lot of sense. They also seem very interested in Darius Leonard (whom they hosted), Uchenna Nwosu, and Oren Burks too.

As for pass rushers, they've hosted Sweat (who they seem to like a lot), and Arden Key. Seem to like Ade Aruna and Sam Hubbard a lot too, and with all the OSU connections on the coaching staff, he might be the round 1 pass rusher target.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I am prepared to offer you a deal for pick 13 if Roquan Smith is there. (I guess he'd be good for any team, but best as weakside linebacker in a 4-3.)
        ~
        Trading up into the top half of the first for an off-ball LB is very dumb. We have a deal.
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

I'm confident that Payne, Hurst, and Phillips could all be available and would certainly help as a rookie. Of course a lot of fans, especially Dallas fans, say "help" and mean "play like defensive mvp". Because of course.
          Yeah I mean the talent base is much stronger than it used to be, but they need contingencies everywhere. Almost all of their young pieces have some baggage and/or an expiring deal, or just haven't proven it for a whole year yet.

Time moves fast in the NFL, man. One day guy's a young player showing flashes and then all of a sudden it's his contract year and you have to make a decision, and a lot of decisions based around that decision.
          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

I am prepared to offer you a deal for pick 13 if Roquan Smith is there. (I guess he'd be good for any team, but best as weakside linebacker in a 4-3.)
            ~
            I like him as a mack in a traditional 3-4 with that 2 gap front to keep him clean. If his jersey is getting dirty, he's pretty useless.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I like him as a mack in a traditional 3-4 with that 2 gap front to keep him clean. If his jersey is getting dirty, he's pretty useless.
              Yep, put him on a role where he can use his recognition skills and mobility. Let someone else play the Buck.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yep, put him on a role where he can use his recognition skills and mobility. Let someone else play the Buck.
                A lot like the Ravens used to do with Bart Scott and Ray Lewis. Let the other guy (Scott) play the "fullback" role, eating up blockers, while Smith scrapes over and cleans up the play.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Don't know if its been mentioned, but the Colts have like 5 picks in the first three rounds. They could turn things around quick if Luck is healthy.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Hey, the Jets signed Kevin Minter. Good, physical inside plugger at LB and great team guy. Where's Sienna to explain to me the Jets sudden competence.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Seems like we had a week or so of "maybe Josh Allen is the top QB" followed by a week of "Josh Allen has no situational awareness."

And still 16 days to go, dammit.
                      ~

Comment

Don't know if its been mentioned, but the Colts have like 5 picks in the first three rounds. They could turn things around quick if Luck is healthy.
                        Yep. The previous regime was foolish and squandered Luck's youth. He dragged that team around kicking and screaming.
                        sigpic

Comment

Seems like we had a week or so of "maybe Josh Allen is the top QB" followed by a week of "Josh Allen has no situational awareness."

And still 16 days to go, dammit.
                          ~
                          Gotta get that #content and those hot takes.

For real though, Josh Allen is fools gold, IMO. Of course I've been wrong about QBs before.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                            Just got into with a Dallas fan that said no defensive player at 19 would help us at all as a rookie

Lololololololol. The offseason, when every player who has shown any upside but has yet to play a complete 16 game season is gonna be an All-Pro
                            That one guy who is having a good offseason this year before pads go on and only played on special teams last year is going to be a monster!
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Hey, the Jets signed Kevin Minter. Good, physical inside plugger at LB and great team guy. Where's Sienna to explain to me the Jets sudden competence.
                              Don't celebrate them yet. They already signed Avery Williamson to do the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Gotta get that #content and those hot takes.

For real though, Josh Allen is fools gold, IMO. Of course I've been wrong about QBs before.
                                That's funny, I think Goedert is fools gold. If he's available, I'll be stunned if the Broncos and Elway pass. He's the same guy as Elway coming out. I think a lot will depend on which franchise he goes to, but I suck out loud evaluating QBs. I mean, Jackson being straight ass is obvious, Luck was can't miss, but other than those obvious ones...
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X