This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

That's funny, I think Goedert is fools gold. If he's available, I'll be stunned if the Broncos and Elway pass. He's the same guy as Elway coming out. I think a lot will depend on which franchise he goes to, but I suck out loud evaluating QBs. I mean, Jackson being straight ass is obvious, Luck was can't miss, but other than those obvious ones...
    The TE Goedert? Maybe. I just see Allen as a mobile Kyle Boller. The other top 4 have lots of potential and risk as well. I too suck at evaluating QBs though. So much of what makes that position work is from the neck up, which is usually stuff we don't get to see beyond wonderlic scores, which isn't always a reliable metric unless you score in the single digits.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

The TE Goedert? Maybe. I just see Allen as a mobile Kyle Boller. The other top 4 have lots of potential and risk as well. I too suck at evaluating QBs though. So much of what makes that position work is from the neck up, which is usually stuff we don't get to see beyond wonderlic scores, which isn't always a reliable metric unless you score in the single digits.
      Yeah, the TE who played against a buncha accountants and amittedly doesn't know how to block. I like Allen more than you, but it depends where he goes. Would love to dump Ben and put him on Pitts.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Didn't realize NE landed Jeremy Hill (rb) and Jason McCourty (cb). They plundered the state of Ohio.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Incognito is retiring. Not sad at all to see that PoS out of the game. Also I got a nickel that says he'll be up on alcohol/drug/weapons charges within 3 years.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Am I dumb for being intrigued by Lorenzo Carter?
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Don't celebrate them yet. They already signed Avery Williamson to do the same thing.
              Maybe they're trying to stack the roster with high character to balance out the eventual drafting of Mayfield/trade for OBJ?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Don't celebrate them yet. They already signed Avery Williamson to do the same thing.
                Hey, Tenn signed Michael Campanaro. Super Bowl?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                  Am I dumb for being intrigued by Lorenzo Carter?
                  Nah, in this pass rush class, he's super intriguing.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Hey, Tenn signed Michael Campanaro. Super Bowl?
                  They needed another receiver for depth purposes. Kick return is why I imagine he's signed.

I don't understand why Walt and Charlie think they're spending an early pick on receiver. They drafted two early just last year and still have Tajae Sharpe and Rishard Matthews.

Comment

Yeah there arent many good outside pass rushers. This draft is a little odd; certain positions, like RB, are very deep but others are shallow as can be. You almost have to hope your needs align with the deeper talent pools. Either that or reach.

As far as pass rushers go, I want to look at Okronkwo a little more.
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually don't consider him a pass rusher. I see him more as an mack in Pitt type or even an OLB in a Rex Ryan/Baltimore Ravens 3-4. Could be a monster Wil or Sam for a team like the Giants or Boys as well. imo
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yeah there arent many good outside pass rushers. This draft is a little odd; certain positions, like RB, are very deep but others are shallow as can be. You almost have to hope your needs align with the deeper talent pools. Either that or reach.

As far as pass rushers go, I want to look at Okronkwo a little more.
                        Until he gets a proper nickname, I'm calling him Okra.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

For real though, Josh Allen is fools gold, IMO. Of course I've been wrong about QBs before.
                          Charlie thinks we're nuts. I just want to win the danged contest, lol.

04/11/18: Allen is a lock to be a top-three pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Allen and Sam Darnold are the finalists to go No. 1 overall
                          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Charlie thinks we're nuts. I just want to win the danged contest, lol.

~
                            Oh he'll get picked high. I just think he'll bust.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mel Kiper's mock gives the Titans a TE, OG, and WR in the first three rounds. Am I the only person that follows this team at all? Can they not even wikipedia it?

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Oh he'll get picked high. I just think he'll bust.
                              Don't we all? Some tall, big armed, bad mechaniced, but above average athletic QB gets drafted high every year, the word "arm-talent" gets thrown around a lot, and they bust. I mean seriously, was the last of those QBs that didn't bust Cutler?
                              It would be the Brownsiest pick ever to grab, against the advice of every analyst, blogger, or fan in the world, a guy whose fits the profile of the first round bust QB to a T, and whose upside is Jay Cutler with the first pick.

Poor Gong and Johnny.

Comment

Mel Kiper's mock gives the Titans a TE, OG, and WR in the first three rounds. Am I the only person that follows this team at all? Can they not even wikipedia it?

Don't we all? Some tall, big armed, bad mechaniced, but above average athletic QB gets drafted high every year, the word "arm-talent" gets thrown around a lot, and they bust. I mean seriously, was the last of those QBs that didn't bust Cutler?
                                It would be the Brownsiest pick ever to grab, against the advice of every analyst, blogger, or fan in the world, a guy whose fits the profile of the first round bust QB to a T, and whose upside is Jay Cutler with the first pick.

Poor Gong and Johnny.
                                He's got a strong arm and can move, and I'm sure he looks good in practice. But in game he runs around, holds the ball forever, and then guns it. He's not going to do that in the NFL, where the pass rushers are just as fast as he is.

To me, Rosen is the best QB in the draft. He'll need some strong veteran presence to keep him out of trouble if he goes somewhere that has a party culture: like a Florida team, for example. But if Jameis, whose concerns were waaaay worse can go #1, then I don't see how Rosen is unmanageable.

Darnold could be special too if he cleans up those turnovers. Mayfield and Jackson need to clean up their mechanics but at least seem to understand the position. But Allen? I couldn't justify picking him. But yeah, it would be a very Browns move.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X