Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Pitt trades up and drafts Allen to replace Baby Ben, people are gonna rightly change their tune.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Lions signed Matt Cassel. Thankfully to a vet minimum deal. It needs to be draft week.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

He's got a strong arm and can move, and I'm sure he looks good in practice. But in game he runs around, holds the ball forever, and then guns it. He's not going to do that in the NFL, where the pass rushers are just as fast as he is.

To me, Rosen is the best QB in the draft. He'll need some strong veteran presence to keep him out of trouble if he goes somewhere that has a party culture: like a Florida team, for example. But if Jameis, whose concerns were waaaay worse can go #1, then I don't see how Rosen is unmanageable.

Darnold could be special too if he cleans up those turnovers. Mayfield and Jackson need to clean up their mechanics but at least seem to understand the position. But Allen? I couldn't justify picking him. But yeah, it would be a very Browns move.
        I pretty much agree with you on this year's crop. Rosen is the best QB (can't speak to his attitude, don't know him), but I see a higher ceiling for Darnold. Mayfield I don't like very much, but Jackson I do. He's a work in progress, but I think he can still grow a lot as a passer when he's not 98% of the team's offense. I'd rank Mayfield a little over Allen because Mayfield actually led an impressive offense. Allen looked like hot garbage when he played Iowa and is the quintessential high-pick-bust-QB. I mean, you can't make this **** up.

It's almost got to be a smoke screen. For whatever reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          When Pitt trades up and drafts Allen to replace Baby Ben, people are gonna rightly change their tune.
          Noooooooooooo

Besides they would have to give up a zillion picks that they don't have, and they very rarely trade up very far. Bell hasn't signed his tag so he can't be traded: that option is out. They only got Ben by being 6-10 the year before.
          sigpic

Comment

Noooooooooooo

Besides they would have to give up a zillion picks that they don't have, and they very rarely trade up very far. Bell hasn't signed his tag so he can't be traded: that option is out. They only got Ben by being 6-10 the year before.
            Yaaasssssssssss.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yaaasssssssssss.
              Sadly he's not the worst QB that they're into. They dig Mason Ruldoph as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Sadly he's not the worst QB that they're into. They dig Mason Ruldoph as well.
                As long as they don't like Jackson, I think they're ok. I'd go with Kurt Benekurt if I was going to take a QB after the 1st, but that's just me.
                Last edited by Castiron; 04-11-2018, 09:10 PM.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

As long as they don't like Jackson, I think they're ok.
                  Oh, they like him, too. I'd actually be okay with him though. I agree with Daniel's asessment that he could actually sit and learn the position if he's not doing the work of 11 players. He could sit behind Ben, learn to slide, and clean up those mechanics. Get some game experience when they have the annual week 17 scrimmage against Cleveland.

I like his read and recognition abilities moreso than Allen. And a QB that fast is a real weapon, provided he doesn't RG3 himself out of the league.

I think they ultimately go Guice in the first though, provided he's still available. Apparently Bell isn't moving from his demands, and they want to protect themselves from a holdout or another slow start from Bell. Apparently they sent everyone and their mother to his visit, pro day and combine interview.
                  Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 04-11-2018, 09:25 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, they like him, too. I'd actually be okay with him though. I agree with Daniel's asessment that he could actually sit and learn the position if he's not doing the work of 11 players. He could sit behind Ben, learn to slide, and clean up those mechanics. Get some game experience when they have the annual week 17 scrimmage against Cleveland.
                    So, the athletic black guy that can't spell QB and has never made a play with his arm has a shot, but the traditional white guy that played with accountants and teachers is ****ed? You and Danny are mental.

If Guice is available and they don't take him, The Chief should rise from the ****ing grave and kill every dumb SOB in the draft room. And that's including Art for letting those other dumb bastards have a say in anything more than where to order lunch.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So, the athletic black guy that can't spell QB and has never made a play with his arm has a shot, but the traditional white guy that played with accountants and teachers is ****ed? You and Danny are mental.

If Guice is available and they don't take him, The Chief should rise from the ****ing grave and kill every dumb SOB in the draft room. And that's including Art for letting those other dumb bastards have a say in anything more than where to order lunch.
                      Allen's not all that traditional. Darnold might be the only "traditional" QB in the draft, which isn't a trend that's going away. Times are a changin'.

Now I'm picturing Art 1 coming out of the shadows, cigar first, wreaking havoc. I'm okay with that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey now. I'm not saying pencil in Jackson as an All Pro and pick up Allen as a free agent. Neither are elite prospects, and when you're picking from the B-team QB prospects, it's a risk assessment deal. Jackson has a high chance of busting, as does Allen. However, in my opinion, Jackson has sky-high upside and you can pinpoint potential fixes for some of his issues (quality coaching as a passer, having others around him). Allen, at least in my mind, did not look like a first round prospect when he was playing against tough competition. He didn't have much help either, I know, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many games where Jackson didn't account for a couple of touchdowns. Against Iowa, Allen could do nothing.
                        Add to that the fact that Allen is already doing in college what he needs to do in the pros. That makes him more ready, but it also makes him more of a finished product. Jackson is more raw, but in a way that gives him more room to grow.
                        Allen's a very specific kind of traditional. His mechanics suck, he had issues with accuracy in college (which by the way, seems to be the biggest indicator of future bust status), but he has a cannon arm. I think people are getting sucked in by the cannon arm (there's one every year) and are making a false equivalency between him and Wentz because they're small school guys that check all the measurables boxes.
                        Jackson, on the other hand, is a mold that has produced a lot more hits recently. Athletic QBs at least give you something to your offense when the passing game isn't working.

Doesn't seem particularly outlandish to me.

Comment

• Yeah Jackson is far from a guarantee. But has some huge positives.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Mr. Landry.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet18m18 minutes ago

The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed...crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.
                            P.S. In other business, Reuben Foster is in deep doodoo.
                            ~
                            Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-12-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Yeah no surprise with Foster. Dude has problems. You would think teams would tell these guys that they can't sweep everything under the rug anymore and to stay out of trouble. Speaking of dudes with problems, Aldon Smith was found with a 0.4 BAC during his last incident. The guy is basically a walking distillery at this point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah no surprise with Foster. Dude has problems. You would think teams would tell these guys that they can't sweep everything under the rug anymore and to stay out of trouble. Speaking of dudes with problems, Aldon Smith was found with a 0.4 BAC during his last incident. The guy is basically a walking distillery at this point.
                                Highest I've ever seen was a .43. That person was a hardcore alcoholic, and I deal with alcohol tests pretty regularly at work. Isn't 0.4 the LD50?

And yeah, Foster looks like he's in trouble. He's probably not actually facing 11 years based on what they're reporting, it would probably only be 11 if stacked, and that can only happen in a few circumstances. In Tennessee, he'd be facing like 3-6 years, and probably get probation for all of it. Still become a felon and lose gun privileges forever. Man, I remember how much I wanted him on the Titans before that combine blowup too.

Comment

Working...
                                X