This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet5h5 hours ago#Bengals

LB Vontaze Burfict has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2018 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.
    /shocked and surprised
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

/shocked and surprised
      ~
      That's okay. We got Reuben Foster leading the charge for the modern NFL hoodlum.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Browns fans are gonna riot if they take Josh Allen with the 1st pick. (Or any pick.) At least that's what I'm seeing on social media.
        ~

Comment

• Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet20m20 minutes ago

The Cowboys have released WR Dez Bryant, source said. It's done.
          ~

Comment

• Sounds like Bryant wants to stay in the NFC East. And he's got some extra motivation. My only question is: who is Dak going to throw to outside of Zeke and 4000 year old Jason Witten? They picked up somebody else, but I can't remember who.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              Sounds like Bryant wants to stay in the NFC East. And he's got some extra motivation. My only question is: who is Dak going to throw to outside of Zeke and 4000 year old Jason Witten? They picked up somebody else, but I can't remember who.
              Allen ****ing Hurns. Who has had, what?, one good season his entire career? I think at this point we can pencil in Ridley/Moore/Sutton to big D in the first.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Im pissed
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                  Im pissed
                  Well, that's certainly unusual.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Well, that's certainly unusual.
                    Well more accurately I just feel empty. Id been bracing for this since last fall, it wasnt hard to see coming.

But to see your team move on from its all time sack, passing touchdown, and receiving touchdown leaders in a four year span without managing to get trade compensation for any of them is brutal in so many ways. But hey at least we still have Jason Garrett

Comment

Well more accurately I just feel empty. Id been bracing for this since last fall, it wasnt hard to see coming.

But to see your team move on from its all time sack, passing touchdown, and receiving touchdown leaders in a four year span without managing to get trade compensation for any of them is brutal in so many ways. But hey at least we still have Jason Garrett
                      I'm glad to see it, glad to see the team make smart football moves rather than cling to sentimentality like they would have in years passed when Jerry was more concerned with jersey sales and "big names" than he was with wins. I like Dez and all, but he needed to take a 50% paycut and try to run an actual route once in a while or he needed to go.

I just hope they don't draft Ridley. Not a fan of his at all. Like DJ Moore much better.
                      Last edited by Castiron; 04-13-2018, 10:15 PM.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The question I have is could Dez regain his pro bowl form if he joined up with Eli (after the Giants trade OBJ of course) or is he done? Eli at least can throw a back shoulder fade, a slant, and a jump ball whch are the only three "routes" Dez is good for. As much as I like Dak, he has to see the guy come open or believe they'll be open. Very gunshy about putting the ball in tight windows, which is Dez' entire game.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, imagine the Giants trade OBJ for the Browns two 2nds this year. Sign Dez and draft:

1. Saquan Barkley
                          2. Billy Price
                          2. Kolton Miller
                          2. Michael Gallup
                          3. Lorenzo Carter
                          3. Donte Jackson
                          4. Austin Corbett/Shaquem Giffin (whichever you think will be available)
                          5. Quinn Blanding
                          Last edited by Castiron; 04-13-2018, 11:17 PM.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'm glad to see it, glad to see the team make smart football moves rather than cling to sentimentality like they would have in years passed when Jerry was more concerned with jersey sales and "big names" than he was with wins. I like Dez and all, but he needed to take a 50% paycut and try to run an actual route once in a while or he needed to go.

I just hope they don't draft Ridley. Not a fan of his at all. Like DJ Moore much better.
                            Well we've tipped our hand now that it's probably going to be a WR in the first round, so I imagine if Ridley falls close to us that he'll be a trade up candidate. Seattle has traded down in the first 4 out of the last 6 drafts- and the only times they didn't were when they didn't have their pick. Would not surprise me to see someone jump there for their preferred WR.

I'd be alright with either Ridley or Moore (less so Sutton, I like him but feel like we need a different mold of player for Dak) but not necessarily thrilled. Philly demolished us on both sides of the line of scrimmage last year and it feels like we're gonna respond by taking a WR, LB, and S with our first three picks.

And I would be floored if the Giants signed Dez. Him and OBJ together? Come on man. I know he said he wants to stay in the division but there'll be better offers elsewhere where he still gets a chance to play us this year (Houston and Indy in particular stand out to me)

And I wish we'd at least offered Dez a pay cut, even if it was one so insulting he'd never take it. To let him dangle this long before doing the inevitable and not even giving him that option is so petty, unprofessional, shows a lack of a consistent vision, just, ugh
                            Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 04-14-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Well we've tipped our hand now that it's probably going to be a WR in the first round, so I imagine if Ridley falls close to us that he'll be a trade up candidate. Seattle has traded down in the first 4 out of the last 6 drafts- and the only times they didn't were when they didn't have their pick. Would not surprise me to see someone jump there for their preferred WR.

I'd be alright with either Ridley or Moore (less so Sutton, I like him but feel like we need a different mold of player for Dak) but not necessarily thrilled. Philly demolished us on both sides of the line of scrimmage last year and it feels like we're gonna respond by taking a WR, LB, and S with our first three picks.

And I would be floored if the Giants signed Dez. Him and OBJ together? Come on man. I know he said he wants to stay in the division but there'll be better offers elsewhere where he still gets a chance to play us this year (Houston and Indy in particular stand out to me)

And I wish we'd at least offered Dez a pay cut, even if it was one so insulting he'd never take it. To let him dangle this long before doing the inevitable and not even giving him that option is so petty, unprofessional, shows a lack of a consistent vision, just, ugh
                              Yeah, I can see what you're saying about Sutton. In my Giants scenario, they trade OBJ first. No idea why they let this drag so long tbh. I mean, after Dez made it clear in the press he wouldn't accept a pay cut I don't blame them for not offering. But why wait? I've got more faith than you that the front office had its reasons, even if I would have done it weeks ago.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yeah, I can see what you're saying about Sutton. In my Giants scenario, they trade OBJ first. No idea why they let this drag so long tbh. I mean, after Dez made it clear in the press he wouldn't accept a pay cut I don't blame them for not offering. But why wait? I've got more faith than you that the front office had its reasons, even if I would have done it weeks ago.
                                I just can't see what those reasons would possibly be, apart from needing time to wear down Jerry to get him to okay the decision. Like I said they didn't even offer him a paycut, which means this wasn't a leverage play, or really about cap room at all- just about getting rid of him. Which, if the QB and coaching staff were through with him, then fine. But we'd be in a much better spot if we'd done it earlier and filled some more holes in FA. Right now we have way too many needs to satisfactorily address in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X